Author Topic: Does such a thing exist?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
Does such a thing exist?
« on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 13:05:40 »
I'm after a 60% keyboard. I really like the look of the KBT Pure but I have a problem.

I'm very very used to an ISO GB layout and I know for a fact I'll have difficulty switching.

I'm not too concerned about the different enter key but the position of the |~ @#" keys is crucial.

Any ideas?
Currently Using: Corsair K65 (MX Reds)
Own: IBM Model M | Logitech Illuminated | Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blues) [Waiting for Toxic] | Cherry D-91275

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: Does such a thing exist?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 13:14:08 »
GH60 will have an ISO layout option. That's the only 60% board that will be ISO as far as I know
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 13:38:27 »
GH60 will have an ISO layout option. That's the only 60% board that will be ISO as far as I know
I haven't really read up on the GH60 project, but will it only be available for a limited time?
I've recently wanted a 60% board, but I don't know when I'll be able to actually buy one.

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 22:17:57 »
I've been following the GH60 for some time and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get my hands on one any time soon. Will certainly be going for at least one once they're available.
Own: IBM Model M | Logitech Illuminated | Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blues) [Waiting for Toxic] | Cherry D-91275

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 06:48:38 »
The front page of http://kbtpure.com/ has just been brought to my attention........ oh the suspense is killing me.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 06:54:24 »
I'm after a 60% keyboard. I really like the look of the KBT Pure but I have a problem.

I'm very very used to an ISO GB layout and I know for a fact I'll have difficulty switching.

I'm not too concerned about the different enter key but the position of the |~ @#" keys is crucial.

Any ideas?
Position of those symbols is a matter of software layout (and keycaps for those, who cannot type efficiently). Of course, ANSI misses one key, but I don't think that's much of an issue. Actually, as someone who has to type special characters a lot (when programming, doing stuff in shell etc.), I find default positions of those chars ridiculous. Therefore, I use an extended software layout with special symbols mapped to combos with AltGr. I advise everyone to do something similar.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 08:08:50 »
The front page of http://kbtpure.com/ has just been brought to my attention........ oh the suspense is killing me.
Oh man, that looks exciting. I haven't really been interested in anything smaller than tenkeyless until now, so I don't know all that much about those boards, but I assume the switches are PCB mounted? I'd love to do some experimenting with different springs and switches, but all my current boards are plate mounted and I don't trust myself enough to try and desolder anything.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 08:18:57 »
I had no idea that Pure are launching one as well. We will see which ones are the first to release the very first small ISO board.
Pure, GH60 or Hyper.