Author Topic: Keyboard profile Help.  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Malerik

Keyboard profile Help.
« on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 11:15:53 »
So I just ordered my first MX based board and I am looking at getting some custom keys for it. Since my first mech is a BS board, this is my first experience with the different MX board profiles. My board in question is a Ducky DK9008G2pro. I have read that the Cherry profile of key is not the same as the Costar manufactured boards. Will it be a huge difference? If I were to swap say the WASD cluster with Cherry profile keys would this be horrible from an ergonomic standpoint?

What profile is the Ducky anyway, does it have a specific name? I have seen the profile chart here http://keycapsdirect.com/images/faq/FamilyProfilesLG.jpg but I don't know which one the 9008G2Pro falls into.

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
Re: Keyboard profile Help.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 12:19:20 »
I have read that the Cherry profile of key is not the same as the Costar manufactured boards. Will it be a huge difference? If I were to swap say the WASD cluster with Cherry profile keys would this be horrible from an ergonomic standpoint?
6mm difference in height.

I say "Yes it is a huge difference".  For gaming maybe its ok or something but no way I would want to type on it.

Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Keyboard profile Help.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 12:22:16 »
The Ducky will have what are considered OEM profile. They are taller than Cherry profile or SP (Signature Plastics) profile caps. Cherry and SP are similar, with some differences, but as TotalChaos said, much shorter than OEM.