Author Topic: A slippery slope...  (Read 2088 times)

Offline RinSewand

A slippery slope...
« on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 12:49:07 »
Hello there fine forumites!

I feel compelled to join having been e-pressured into buying a CM Rapid w/ Browns after reading the keyboard thread started by Longweight on A.N.Other forum. Either way nice to be here! I can see this being a teflon coated slope into the world of having more keys than one person ever needs.

I'm not sure if I should say a bit about myse... ooo pretty keys *Wanders off making clacking noises*

RwD

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: A slippery slope...
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 14:53:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

So you have been bitten too!  Welcome to the club ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RinSewand

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:15:24 »
Yup! Already eying up a Noppoo board to try out something other than ISO...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:18:53 »
LOL it happens so easily, so very easily ...

Then come a few custom keycaps, then the urge to try another type of switch ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RinSewand

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 15:38:18 »
I'm trying to stay away from another switch type for now! Already signed up to the RA3.0ish groupbuy though. Love the look of those!  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 16:37:35 »
There are so many nice keyboard-related things out there, it is surprising sometimes, most people think it is just a bunch of buttons.

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 09:36:51 »
There's more to come, to overcome this symptom, quit surfing geekhack lol.
I'm trying to stay away from another switch type for now! Already signed up to the RA3.0ish groupbuy though. Love the look of those!  ;D

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 09:38:28 »
There's more to come, to overcome this symptom, quit surfing geekhack lol.

I agree, to cut off the habit, need to set your internet filter to block GH  :p :p :p

You will slowly discover beautiful items called korean customs, and then.......... your wallet ceases to exist.  :)) :))