Author Topic: My First Mechanical KeyBoard Just Arrived Today :D  (Read 5168 times)

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
My First Mechanical KeyBoard Just Arrived Today :D
« on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 23:35:39 »
My SteelSeries 6GV2 (with Cherry MX Red Switches) just arrived today and I am beyond excited. Just finished installing my O-rings and I am going to go put this baby to work! Pictures on the way this weekend. ^_^
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Rinsaku

• lorem ipsum
Re: My First Mechanical KeyBoard Just Arrived Today :D
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 23:55:48 »
Congrats on your first board! It'll never be the same from here on out!!!
Current Boards : Apple m0116 (Salmon Alps), B.Face (Mx Clears), Filco Tkl (Mx Blues), HHKB Pro JP (Topre), Jd45 (78g Zealios), KBParadise v60 (Gateron Yellows), KBParadise v60 (Matias Quiet Click), Kbt Pure (Kailh Bronze), Leopold FC660M (Mx Browns), Minidox (Mod-H), Pok3r (62g Zealios)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:01:37 »
Excellent!  Congratulations :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:13:30 »
Thanks, I can already feel the difference! And am currently going to be using it non-stop... forever :D
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:18:37 »
Hah, only until you buy your next one!

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:20:58 »

Or come across a certain thread about posting pictures of some drool-inducing korean keyboards  :p :p

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:23:58 »
Yeah xD, looking to get a USA Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 this Christmas, maybe black or red switches, not sure yet.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:26:06 »
Or come across a certain thread about posting pictures of some drool-inducing korean keyboards  :p :p
Yeah I have seen some of them, and am thinking bout getting one for my third keyboard :3
...or just that KMAC
and maybe eventually the IBM Model M
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:27:15 »
Yeah I have seen some of them, and am thinking bout getting one for my third keyboard :3
...or just that KMAC
and maybe eventually the IBM Model M

Go see those nice LZ-S casings and drool  :) ;)

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:29:09 »
On it!
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:38:49 »
If you've got reds already, try something else.

Blacks are good :)

Or greens, if you can (and don't mind the extra clicking).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:40:31 »
On it!

Make sure you dont use that "take my money" meme!

Or you will be left with nothing!  :p :p :p

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:40:34 »
Man if you like reds, you will hate greens.  Pretty much the complete opposite.  Heavy, tactile, and clicky.  Will feel like every key-press is fighting you.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:53:21 »
Sounds like someone's successfully joined the club! It starts with "I'll just get this one keyboard..." and inevitably escalates very quickly from there. Welcome! :)

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 00:55:04 »
Man if you like reds, you will hate greens.  Pretty much the complete opposite.  Heavy, tactile, and clicky.  Will feel like every key-press is fighting you.

Yeah, but a good contrast.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 01:06:42 »
Make sure you dont use that "take my money" meme!

Or you will be left with nothing!  :p :p :p
Haha that is what I have been hearing around here, oh well everyone else  is in the same boat as well right? xD

If you've got reds already, try something else.

Blacks are good :)

Or greens, if you can (and don't mind the extra clicking).
Was thinking of maybe getting blacks, or I would also like to try out a blue switch.

How 'bout clears?
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 December 2012, 01:09:05 by razorsharpgears »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 01:08:35 »
Sounds like someone's successfully joined the club! It starts with "I'll just get this one keyboard..." and inevitably escalates very quickly from there. Welcome! :)
Yeah I definitely have been sucked in, but I am more than happy to be here :)
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 01:11:10 »
Yeah I definitely have been sucked in, but I am more than happy to be here :)

Thats you  ;) ;) your wallet must be cursing and swearing and hoping to seal itself shut permanently  :p :p

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 01:13:42 »

Thats you  ;) ;) your wallet must be cursing and swearing and hoping to seal itself shut permanently  :p :p

lol you are probably right, me and him will have a little talk later, maybe I can get him some place holders to fill his empty pockets :]
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 01:15:17 »

lol you are probably right, me and him will have a little talk later, maybe I can get him some place holders to fill his empty pockets :]

Tell him you will trade out the dollar bills with twice the amount of toilet paper if it keeps him happy  :)) :))

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 01:20:22 »

Tell him you will trade out the dollar bills with twice the amount of toilet paper if it keeps him happy  :)) :))

Just told him that, but he said he would prefer tissue as it is softer on the face :}
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 01:21:54 »

Just told him that, but he said he would prefer tissue as it is softer on the face :}

You need to tell him, tough times, and toilet paper is cheaper  :p :p :p :p

Offline iri

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 03:10:57 »
How 'bout clears?
they will feel really heavy after reds. you'd better get a pcb board with clears and mod them ergo.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 03:24:35 »
Grats on your first board! And grats on knowing you will be putting all your money into keyboards :D

And on another note...Shaovved's post count as of right now..is 666! HE BE EVIL!!!

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 05:59:51 »
Grats on your first board! And grats on knowing you will be putting all your money into keyboards :D

And on another note...Shaovved's post count as of right now..is 666! HE BE EVIL!!!

Me no evil anymore! I have stepped into the light  ;)

See the light, embrace the light, feeeeeeeel the light!  :p :p

Offline Finwens

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 06:12:39 »
I got myself a stessleries 6Gv2 aboout 4 months ago with black switches and I really want to try out some other keyboards. But they're so damn expensive in my country that I can't afford another one for now. Planning to get a filco when I tavel to the USA by the end of next year.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 16:06:03 »

You need to tell him, tough times, and toilet paper is cheaper  :p :p :p :p

I took your advice and tried to tell him, and now he ran away to find a quote-on-quote "more loving owner".
~Tears to my eyes

I got myself a stessleries 6Gv2 aboout 4 months ago with black switches and I really want to try out some other keyboards. But they're so damn expensive in my country that I can't afford another one for now. Planning to get a filco when I tavel to the USA by the end of next year.

Yeah so far I've been loving the keyboard, and can't wait to try out more.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 December 2012, 16:24:45 by razorsharpgears »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 16:57:37 »
These guys are are so right....I bought my first mechanical 6 months ago (Razer Blackwidow) and decided that it was time to upgrade. Besides, it's Christmas time right? So I bought a Filco Majestouch and a keycap set. And then I saw pictures of those KMAC boards and was drooling over them.

My point is, mechanical keyboards are apparently ultra-addicting and I've opened a can of Pringles. I can't stop lol.

Anyways, congrats on your first. Can't wait to see you posting pics of some customs in 6 months haha.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 17:19:09 »
Yeah can't wait to get another keyboard, and some more novelty keycaps XD
Well in the mean time, I'll upload my EXTREMELY DELAYED photos of my new SteelSeries 6GV2 (Red Switch).
I added some o-rings to dampen the sound as well as a red esc key.

Also have some extra soft-landing pads that I'm going to use on my next keyboard.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Magnusian

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 17:31:36 »
Just wait until you buy your first Model M/F, it'll be just as life changing.
Model M 1390120 1986  | Unicomp Customizer 104 1-Piece Keys | Franken M IBM 1390120 1987/Unicomp U4044A 2007 hybrid | CM QFR Cherry MX Greens

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 18:16:35 »
Gratz, its a slippery slope of a money pit.

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline Alboreo

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 18:28:11 »
Glad to see you're enjoying the 6Gv2, it was my first mechanical keyboard as well. Served me quite well, and I still use it for gaming quite often.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 18:35:47 »
~Thanks all :D
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link