Author Topic: Windows or Mac?  (Read 35122 times)

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Re: Windows or Mac?
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 22:46:35 »
I went Mac when Apple started using the Intel chip. Bought several machines (Macbook Pro, iMac, etc...) and have enjoyed the experience so much that I have never thought of "going back". I believe the quality to be of midrange to better, pricing to match, the software overall (OSX and 3rd party) to be better integrated and usability to be far more consistent, and I've had a great hardware experience as well regarding dependability.

There are drawbacks, nothing is perfect. I've had to use VMWare to emulate Windows to run an architecture program, a bookkeeping/check writing/report generating program and trade-specific software. And, I'm sure somewhere in the mix I'm getting ripped off with something I'm not even aware of. But that being said, I'm pretty happy and look forward to continuing the positive experience with a machine upgrade soon. The latest 27" iMacs are looking pretty good about now.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 01:30:04 »
I'd argue that Win7 has by far the best UI of all modern OS's simply becasue of how easy the taskbar is to navigate and how with one key press you can search (effeicentally) your entire machine for files/programs.
I think Win 7 is the best Windows ever, though I am partial to Mac.

FYI, the Mac has had instant systemwide search (which, frankly, works better than Win 7's) since early 2005. You just press Command-spacebar and start typing. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotlight_(software)

Win7 has a similar search tool, only u press one key to activate it ;)

Offline take

• 87U / G500
    • front & follow
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 15:13:02 »
osx for everything but gaming.

win7pro for gaming and nothing else.

REΛLFORCE 87U 55g  ||  Logitech G500

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 23:26:36 »
CONCESSION

Cost: I have a hard time with the "Apple upgrades" in Apples checkout. The hard drive and ram upgrades are crazy expensive and turn me off. Easy enough to get around (upgrade your own ram, use external hard drive...but you shouldn't have to.

Customization/non-Apple upgrades: Extremely difficult to do, if at all.

I have balanced these concerns (mostly) with all the positives of the Apple experience I've had since switching. Trade-off I'm willing to make.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline yester64

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 20:00:04 »
Well before i make a purchase of any kind i need still to know how gaming is. Mostly with older titles..

Regarding upgrade, what upgrade? If you have an iMac an upgrade is very limited. Mostly ram, harddrive. Not sure even if its still possible since it supposed to be glued. (from what i heard)
I used to have the BondiBlue iMac and i took that thing apart. There was a gfx upgrade possible but expensive and not really worth it.
A tower is out of reach for me and i think it would be an overkill for what i really do. But there are more upgrades possible. At least in theory.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline tooki

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 10:36:34 »
I'd argue that Win7 has by far the best UI of all modern OS's simply becasue of how easy the taskbar is to navigate and how with one key press you can search (effeicentally) your entire machine for files/programs.

FYI, the Mac has had instant systemwide search (which, frankly, works better than Win 7's) since early 2005. You just press Command-spacebar and start typing. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotlight_(software)

"Similar" but inferior in practice. (I found it to be much worse at searching within files.)

And if pressing one keyboard shortcut (Command-spacebar) is too much effort for you, just go in and change it to some unused single key, like F15.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 11:01:22 »
Customization/non-Apple upgrades: Extremely difficult to do, if at all.

Mostly the case, though I've been surprised on some things.  Because there are only a handful of models, 3rd parties are more incentivized to build custom things.  Of course, for the latest Airs and perhaps parts of the iMac, that's not the case.  But on my ~1.5year old MacBook Pro, I was able to take out the CD drive and replace it with a special mount for a 2nd hard drive for instance.  Other than that, pretty much only thing I do is upgrade RAM.  And then, I never buy it from Apple... always OWC, who has been around forever. (They're also where I bought the CD->Harddrive mount, SSDs, etc.)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 11:02:26 »

"Similar" but inferior in practice. (I found it to be much worse at searching within files.)

And if pressing one keyboard shortcut (Command-spacebar) is too much effort for you, just go in and change it to some unused single key, like F15.

I find it works just fine for me, don't have a problem finding things when I search for them... and I don't need to change anything becasue I don't have a mac...

Offline yester64

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 12:48:57 »
There is a nice useful tool for Windows. Launchy. Easier than the usual way to key command.

Offline brialona

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 15:27:49 »
similar to , "whats the better color? red or blue?"
ozil

Offline tooki

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 20:06:05 »
Purple!

(That really is my favorite color!)

Offline tooki

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 20:09:32 »
I find it works just fine for me, don't have a problem finding things when I search for them
I'm glad it works for you. When I had to use it, I found it to be a reliable program launcher but a wretched file content search.

and I don't need to change anything becasue I don't have a mac...
Huh? It's not a platform issue, the key binding is purely a matter of personal preference. I've never found any need to change it from Command-spacebar, but could if I wanted to. I assume you could change it on Windows if you don't like using the Windows key.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 20:13:04 »
Or if you have a winkeyless keyboard.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tooki

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:04:12 »
Good call!

Offline Malphas

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:17:13 »
reliable
[citation needed]

Wikipaedophiles out.

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 13:47:41 »
Gentoo Linux on my laptop and desktop.

At work it's all windows and I'm a CTO and chief sysadmin.

Arch Linux is also great if you are into over configuring your systems.  I got tired of Gentoo, Arch, and other technical Linux distros because I found that I spent more time tuning my system when it was already working how I wanted it, instead of actually using it.  Those type of distros are so customizeable that they can become a time vampire.  Crunchbang is my current favorite, it's GUI is pretty minimal(less is more for me), relatively easy to customize, and best of all doesn't come with tons of bloat.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 19:48:08 »
Mac (again), because: plug in a new keyboard (same keyboard in both instances), Mac says "press this key, press that key, ok, good to go" and Windows says "new hardware has been detected, you must reboot to use your new hardware".

Bleah.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 12:41:48 »
MACS SUCK. THERE IS NO REASON TO LIKE THEM BETTER THAN WINDOWS. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 13:51:54 »
Mac (again), because: plug in a new keyboard (same keyboard in both instances), Mac says "press this key, press that key, ok, good to go" and Windows says "new hardware has been detected, you must reboot to use your new hardware".

Bleah.

Wait, mac makes you press keys? I knew windows had stupid hardware detection, but mac does too? Damn. When I had a mac forever and a half ago I guess I never bothered with non stock keyboards.

On my linux box I plug in a keyboard and it works as a keyboard. No wizards, no detection, no pressing keys to set up, no popup messages, nothing. It just works as a keyboard. I can plug in literally any keyboard I own that has usb (Even self made ones like my edox and teensy modded wyse) and it works without even bothering to tell me.

I mean if you plug in new headphones they'll work on anything without the computer even bothering to mention you plugged in new headphones, why should keyboards be different? Or does windows take five minutes to recognize new cans (and does mac make you listen to a few test sounds)?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 14:01:35 »
I KNOW I NEVER HAD ANY DUMB HARDWARE WIZARDS WHEN I CONNECTED DIFFERENT KEYBOARDS TO WINDOWS PC'S. THEY ALWAYS WORKED.

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 14:10:21 »
I KNOW I NEVER HAD ANY DUMB HARDWARE WIZARDS WHEN I CONNECTED DIFFERENT KEYBOARDS TO WINDOWS PC'S. THEY ALWAYS WORKED.
Pretty much any time I have to use a windows machine for whatever reason it does some setting up device thing when I plug in my board and takes around 30 seconds.  When I plug in a keyboard on my linux box, it's instant. I could be holding down a key as i plugged in in and it would register.

No wizard, but the wait is irritating.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 14:27:26 »
I USUALLY PLUG IN MY KEYBOARD BEFORE I START UP THE COMPUTER. MOST OF THEM ARE EITHER AT OR PS/2, SO THEY DON'T TAKE ANY TIME AT ALL TO LOAD DRIVERS IN WINDOWS.

USB KEYBOARDS CAN BE A BIT OF A PAIN IN WINDOWS XP, BUT THEY'VE MADE IT A LOT BETTER IN WINDOWS 7 I NOTICED.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:08:39 »
I use Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows, depending up the work that I need to do, but my primary and most frequent OS is Mac OS X. At home, I have a Dell PC running Linux, a Mac mini running Windows 7 under Bootcamp, and a Mac mini running OS X. At work, I have three workstations running Linux, two Mac Pros running OS X, and a workstation running Windows 7.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 16:57:47 »
linux
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:13:23 »
I use Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows, depending up the work that I need to do, but my primary and most frequent OS is Mac OS X. At home, I have a Dell PC running Linux, a Mac mini running Windows 7 under Bootcamp, and a Mac mini running OS X. At work, I have three workstations running Linux, two Mac Pros running OS X, and a workstation running Windows 7.

MAC OS X IS TOTALLY UNCOOL

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:23:52 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:25:23 by cactux »
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:24:58 »
Windows is just a fancy crappy os. If The regiaters gets damage/corrupted  your are done. Osx is by far more stable/reliable than crappy windows. For servers linux base by far better than crappy windows
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:30:05 by cactux »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:28:50 »
Windows is just a fancy crappy os. If The regiaters gets damage/corrupted  your are done. Osx is by far more stable/reliable than crappy windows.

WINDOWS IS NOT CRAPPY! IT IS SUPREME. OS X IS UNSTABLE AND UNRELIABLE. IT IS ALSO VERY SLOW AND ONLY RUNS A LIMITED AMOUNT OF SOFTWARE. WINDOWS ALSO BOASTS A FAR SUPERIOR GUI.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:31:30 »
Man, osx unstable lol lol.

Windows is just a fancy crappy os. If The regiaters gets damage/corrupted  your are done. Osx is by far more stable/reliable than crappy windows.

WINDOWS IS NOT CRAPPY! IT IS SUPREME. OS X IS UNSTABLE AND UNRELIABLE. IT IS ALSO VERY SLOW AND ONLY RUNS A LIMITED AMOUNT OF SOFTWARE. WINDOWS ALSO BOASTS A FAR SUPERIOR GUI.

Offline yester64

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:36:02 »
It is unlikely that a registry gets damaged. In all the years i use a windows version, i never encountered a situation like this.
Stability is in the eye of the beholder. True with windows 98 i've seen sometimes the blue screen but today i never ever see this screen ever.
Preferences are preferences.
But i am not with the rest of us who has money to buy an actual apple product.
Personally i don't even care because all i want is to play certain games and so far, not all of the can be played on either osx or linux.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:53:10 »
Try not to feed the troll, especially when he is shouting - you will only get sprayed with crumbs.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:54:25 »
Man, osx unstable lol lol.

THE ONLY THING I CAN RELY ON MAC OS X FOR IS TO BE SLOW AND CRASH. SO THAT IS WHY I USE WINDOWS 3.1 AND 98.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:07:45 »
98 first edition, right?

Offline yester64

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:08:06 »
Try not to feed the troll, especially when he is shouting - you will only get sprayed with crumbs.

True. I got tempted  :-[

Offline vasouv

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:12:17 »
I'm a Windows guy but I wouldn't mind getting that little Mac Mini what it's called for my first Mac.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:20:37 »
I'm a Windows guy but I wouldn't mind getting that little Mac Mini what it's called for my first Mac.
I'm multi-OS, but among Linux, Mac OSX and Windows, I prefer OS X for daily use. At home, my Windows machine is a Mac mini running Windows 7 under Bootcamp, and everything runs fine. The Mac mini is a nice and capable little machine.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:44:21 »
Windows, I would like to try Linux but I feel I may lose out on features/ compatibility and such.
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 17:32:31 »
Windows, I would like to try Linux but I feel I may lose out on features/ compatibility and such.

A WISE CHOICE! WINDOWS IS A GOOD OPERATING SYSTEM. LINUX ISN'T TOO BAD EITHER, BUT WINDOWS IS COOLER. BUT DON'T USE MAC OS X!

Offline frogamic

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:53:27 »
Another multi os user over here, on my PC I have Windows 8 and Xubuntu, my MBA has OSX and Xubuntu. I like the lightness of OSX, and the intuitiveness of the trackpad for mobile use, and the fact that it's very linux like while still allow me to run mainstream commercial software. I use Xubuntu on my machines for programming mainly, using geany and the avr toolchain. I use Windows 8 for gaming, ms office and autodesk inventor.
Filco TKL | Filco ISO105 | Acer 6311-K71

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 13:53:39 »
MAC OS X IS NOT LIGHT. IS SLOWER THAN MOLASSES!  IF YOU WANT A LIGHT MAC OS, GET SYSTEM 6. THAT'LL RUN ON A MAC PLUS.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 18:11:48 »
microsoft windows: Have you actually used Mac OS X?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 18:50:35 »

YES I HAVE. I USED IT AND IT RUNS TERRIBLY. IT IS SLOW AND HOGS UP TOO MANY RESOURCES. THAT IS WHY I USE WINDOWS. WINDOWS IS CLEARLY A SUPERIOR OPERATING SYSTEM IN EVERY WAY. THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT USE MAC OS X. WINDOWS IS THE WINNING SOLUTION FOR THE COMPUTING OF THE FUTURE. YOU SHOULD USE WINDOWS ON EVERY COMPUTER YOU HAVE.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 23:01:24 »
You are waisting your time, just take a look at his avatar and alias

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 23:05:14 »
You are waisting your time, just take a look at his avatar and alias

Just curious if he would admit anything.

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 23:14:42 »

A WISE CHOICE! WINDOWS IS A GOOD OPERATING SYSTEM. LINUX ISN'T TOO BAD EITHER, BUT WINDOWS IS COOLER. BUT DON'T USE MAC OS X!

In what is (I'm pretty sure) total facetiousness, you're actually articulating my own genuine opinions.

Windows is way cooler. And the older and more wonky the version, all the more so. Macs used to be okay before OSX (loved programming on my Apple ][e); now they are just for abjectly hipster sheep.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 09:17:26 »
IMO, Mac OS X is a bit frustrating, this coming from a person who has literately used windows since age 3. When I click on the red X, why won't the program close?! And also, I find the multitasking irritating. Why must I sort through a bunch of icons on the side, even including apps that aren't even open?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 10:02:15 »
To each his own. To me, part of the beauty of OS X is the internal structure based on unix, which greatly facilitates my scientific work. I use OS X alongside linux, and occasionally I use Windows for specific applications. The situation is similar with choosing any tool. When I go into my workshop, I use a hammer for driving nails and a screwdriver for turning screws, but I do not regard the hammer as generically better than the screwdriver.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 10:09:57 »
You usually don't have to sign an EULA to use your hammer, do you?

Offline ssdt

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 10:17:52 »
Windows.
8 on my desktop build and 7 on my netbook. Very pleased with 8, even more than with 7 tbh. The only thing bothering me is that 3dcc is not working for 8 :/

Poker II         HHKB Pro 2

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 10:22:48 »
You usually don't have to sign an EULA to use your hammer, do you?
Ya got me! :)

No, but my ladder is a different story. I fear if I were to remove all the warning labels, the ladder might collapse.