Author Topic: Blank (mostly) keycap set for KBT Pure?  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Quasimojo

Blank (mostly) keycap set for KBT Pure?
« on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 21:55:50 »
I think I'm gonna buy a KBT Pure.  I'd like to pick up a set of blank keycaps, but it would be really helpful to me if all the Fn related keys still had the legends printed on the front.  Does anyone know where I can find such a keycap set?
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 January 2013, 10:18:01 by Quasimojo »

Offline Quasimojo

Re: Blank (mostly) keycap set for KBT Pure?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 10:20:46 »
Ok, I just realized I had worded my post poorly.  I've hopefully made it a bit more clear.  A lot of views and no replies must mean either that people were wondering what the heck I was talking about, or that this is, as I suspect, something that's not readily available.

If this is a set I'm just not going to find, would anyone have any suggestions on how I might go about piecing it together?

Thanks!
Q

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 11:23:58 »
Easiest approach buy blank set, make waterslide decal for front print Fn layer and apply them yourself. They are perfectly fine durability wise for front print since you generally don't touch them they shouldn't wear off.

Offline Quasimojo

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 12:06:04 »
0_o... -_-...0_o

I'm sure that sprang into your head with hardly a second's thought, but, being brand new as I am to mechanical keyboards and modding them, such a simple solution hadn't even occurred to me.  Thank you for that!

Now, if you'll indulge me two more questions, would ABS or PBT be better for decaling, and are there any GH users who sell blank Pure key sets?

Q

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 12:18:22 »
I'm not aware of any blank set that come with the 1.75 right shift needed for Pure. Probably easiest to buy blanks from WASD. As far as materials and waterslide goes they work on a lot of material so either ABS or PBT would be fine.