Author Topic: [IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion  (Read 53090 times)

Offline pasph

Re: [IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 18:49:41 »
Can't see the pics
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 18:58:58 »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:22:17 »
Ah, I bet I know why, fix inc.
DSA:

Cherry:

Difference between font/profile only (same color pattern):

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:30:03 by tjcaustin »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
[IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:41:43 »
Oh my goodness, oh my dayum!

Dat white on orange!

I can't decide between the large, centered, retro legends on spherical DSA, or the thick, bold, contrast-y legends on THICK ABS from GMK.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:45:07 »
I saw these renders... so good!
Whoops, I see you've posted them. I saw them on the Flickr. :D

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:49:30 »

Dat white on orange!

I can't decide between the large, centered, retro legends on spherical DSA, or the thick, bold, contrast-y legends on THICK ABS from GMK.

I no rite?  If there's enough interest, I may run both and let DSA/SP have more color options and GMK have dat orangey goodness(partly because it looks the best for cherry profile, partly to limit fragmentation and lose MoQ).

Offline redeye

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:52:04 »

Dat white on orange!

This is exactly what I'm weighing up, but the boldness just nudges it for me. Having said that, I'm in with whatever is decided (as long as the orange is right on the money). this is an opportunity to get a unique gorgeous set.

Offline redeye

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:55:50 »

Dat white on orange!

I no rite?  If there's enough interest, I may run both and let DSA/SP have more color options and GMK have dat orangey goodness(partly because it looks the best for cherry profile, partly to limit fragmentation and lose MoQ).

well imagined Tj, I would never had thought of it

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:59:50 »

Dat white on orange!

This is exactly what I'm weighing up, but the boldness just nudges it for me. Having said that, I'm in with whatever is decided (as long as the orange is right on the money). this is an opportunity to get a unique gorgeous set.

Indeed.  I want one of each.  All.  Every font/cap profile combo.  Orange with white, and white with orange.     :D

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 21:02:37 »
Ahhh.. Creamcicle! Yum! Love the colors both ways! Forward and reverse, that is.. If I had to chose one, I'd go w/ the SP/DSA, based on these renders. They look more refined to me.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 21:18:02 »
Sign me up!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 21:59:52 »
Man, these went from an inkling to a render in no time flat. The orange modifiers with the  'white' base set looks so, so good. Any chance of having 60% mods available?

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 22:30:45 »
Oh man. I swear, you can take any color you like, and make that kind of keycap set (color x as legends on alpha and color x as base on mods) and it'll look great.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: [IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 00:34:53 »

Please do the solid orange GMK option!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 04:08:28 »

my favorite option as well :)

Offline realex

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 05:23:26 »
since originative seems to be in a somewhat undisclosed state right now, shouldn't dolch become an option again? iirc the reason it was dropped from the ic was, because a lot of people assumed it might be the next on their to do list.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 March 2013, 05:56:43 by realex »

Offline pasph

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 05:32:48 »

my favorite option as well :)

+1
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
[IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 07:41:17 »
since originative seems to be in a somewhat undisclosed state right now, shouldn't dolch become an option again? iirc the reason it was dropped from the ic was, because a lot of people assumed it might be the next on their to do list.

TJ is trying to stick with new, original ideas for now, not rehashes of existing sets. Besides, for the price of a full set from Orignative, you can find a Dolch PAC (maybe even just the keyboard) on eBay all the time.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 12:23:51 »
Wasn't sure I'd be a fan but if it was DSA would definitely pick up a set.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 21:52:24 »

TJ is trying to stick with new, original ideas for now, not rehashes of existing sets. Besides, for the price of a full set from Orignative, you can find a Dolch PAC (maybe even just the keyboard) on eBay all the time.

Also, considering the rabble for Dolch, I'm sure *someone* not named T.J. could run a group buy for them.  Right now, I'm a little frustrated at the lack of any communication from GMK.  I guess I'll have to call them on Monday.  Worst case, I'll look into helping Dan/Hash finish the cherry replica project and use it after Toxic is in production.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 23:35:21 »
I vote for CCnB, I see CCnG around but I don't think I've ever seen any CCnB run  :(

Blue ftw LOL.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 23:59:50 »
Heya TJ, I need you to start a new GB right now, okay?

Round3/DSA Retro style. DSA profile. Large, centered WYSE (SP default) legends. ALL CAPS (CENTERED) ON MODIFIERS. Dolch colorway; WA on GE/GX.

Okay? Go now. If you need help, I'll help you run it. :D

in memoriam

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 00:36:11 »
I'd do that if I didn't just send a quote in to Melissa for my next group buy, Orange Madness (seriously *just* thought that up, btb).  Or maybe it'll just be Orange Crush Madness(even though the jokes feel more plentiful than the angry angry klaxoning), I haven't decided quite yet.

Options are going to be:

Full sets in OoCC or CCoO (including traditional and tsangan mods, so if someone only wants one uniform color for a tkl board, they order whichever they want)(easy to just get two base kits and get everything in every color tkl)
Mod sets in OoCC or CCoO (including tsangan mods) to mirror first choice if you want a basic contrast
10key sets in OoCC or CCoO (includes both matching and mirror non-numeric keys)
ISO (whichever has the most buyers)

Hopefully, this will limit order confusion and my sorting time/confusion as well.  That will probably go up in around a month, once I have CCnG payments collected and set to SP for that.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 00:41:33 »
Hear anything from GMK yet? (lol) :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 03:40:33 »
Will there be more mock ups for the available options for my lazy brain?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 06:08:03 »
The GBs are comin out of the wood work. It's only April! :)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 12:27:23 »
Hear anything from GMK yet? (lol) :)

Lawl

Will there be more mock ups for the available options for my lazy brain?

You bum, there are renders in this thread :P  But there will also be mock ups

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 12:29:21 »
Is it possible to get the ISO kit in both colours? Just asking as both are great but not knowing which ISO means ordering both and then cancelling the one that doesn't get it rather than buying both, if that makes sense.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 12:39:43 »
Is it possible to get the ISO kit in both colours? Just asking as both are great but not knowing which ISO means ordering both and then cancelling the one that doesn't get it rather than buying both, if that makes sense.

I plan on offering both colors this time.  I've been toying with the idea of just including it in the base set, depending on the quote I get back from Melissa and GMK

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 12:41:22 »

I plan on offering both colors this time.  I've been toying with the idea of just including it in the base set, depending on the quote I get back from Melissa and GMK

Great stuff, thanks.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 12:52:34 »

I think including those 4 ISO Keys in the base set is an awesome idea!

This way the actual costs for them will go down from ~15$ to like ~4$. Of course many ANSI users won't need those keys, but they profit from better tiers made possible by ISO users as well.

I think it's a fair trade-off and a nice gesture for us ISO users :)

Offline pasph

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 15:16:01 »

I can't believe it...:)

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 18:38:13 »
I'd do that if I didn't just send a quote in to Melissa for my next group buy, Orange Madness (seriously *just* thought that up, btb).  Or maybe it'll just be Orange Crush Madness(even though the jokes feel more plentiful than the angry angry klaxoning), I haven't decided quite yet.

Options are going to be:

Full sets in OoCC or CCoO (including traditional and tsangan mods, so if someone only wants one uniform color for a tkl board, they order whichever they want)(easy to just get two base kits and get everything in every color tkl)
Mod sets in OoCC or CCoO (including tsangan mods) to mirror first choice if you want a basic contrast

Hopefully, this will limit order confusion and my sorting time/confusion as well.  That will probably go up in around a month, once I have CCnG payments collected and set to SP for that.

is it gonna be CC or white?

renders are white right?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 18:39:42 »

Options are going to be:

renders are white right?

Nope, they're cream.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 18:43:56 »
Nope, they're cream.

Should be called CSoO & OoCS, sicle starts with s not c :)

Edit - I guess that really doesn't make sense lol
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 April 2013, 18:49:56 by Jocelyn »

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 18:58:44 »

Options are going to be:

renders are white right?

Nope, they're cream.

would you see the difference on a white case?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 19:04:29 »
Yes, and all the renders have a white case, which makes the cream stand out a bit more.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #187 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 20:10:08 »
Gonna rock CCnG and CCnO. Miami Hurricanes!!!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 18:42:31 »
Orange Madness pricing.  How freaking awesome are they?  That input kit will be all you need for a tkl board.  And the number on the right for it is including ISO pieces.  I'm *pumped*.

Input/Base Pack (87 total keys, including 1.5mod/7xspacebar)/includes ISO (not completely sure if this is guaranteed)

25 sets                   $76.25 per set/88.37

50 sets                   $58.92 per set/66.62

75 sets                   $53.15 per set/59.37

100 sets                 $50.26 per set/55.74

150 sets                 $47.37 per set/52.12

200 sets                 $45.93 per set/50.31

250 sets                 $45.06 per set/49.22

Modifier Set (13 total keys)

25 sets                   $28.03 per set

50 sets                   $18.69 per set

75 sets                   $15.57 per set

100 sets                 $14.02 per set

150 sets                 $12.46 per set

200 sets                 $11.68 per set

250 sets                 $11.21 per set

ISO (5 total keys - Enter key is DCS)

25 sets                   $14.12 per set

50 sets                   $9.70 per set

75 sets                   $8.22 per set

100 sets                 $7.48 per set

150 sets                 $6.75 per set

200 sets                 $6.38 per set

250 sets                 $6.16 per set

Numpad Set (26 total keys - includes the 3 extra 1x keys pictured)

25 sets                   $30.66 per set

50 sets                   $21.88 per set

75 sets                   $18.95 per set

100 sets                 $17.49 per set

150 sets                 $16.03 per set

200 sets                 $15.30 per set

250 sets                 $14.86 per set

Geek Hack Keys (2 total keys)

25 sets                   $2.88 per set

50 sets                   $2.83 per set

75 sets                   $2.81 per set

100 sets                 $2.80 per set

150 sets                 $2.79 per set

200 sets                 $2.78 per set

250 sets                 $2.75 per set

Shipping to me/to you is not included, neither is paypal fees, paying for my keys or sorting costs, but worst case will be the same as last time (9.50+paypal fees)
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2013, 22:09:30 by tjcaustin »

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 18:53:59 »

Options are going to be:

Apologies if this has been spelled out elsewhere in the thread, but which font and profile did you settle on?  The centered Wyse font, or the upper-left Cherry font?  And on which profile?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 19:11:20 »
Cherry is out...

Large centered WYSE on DSA!!!

rite?

in memoriam

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 19:18:07 »
Cherry is out...

rite?

That's what I'm hoping for... 

;)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 22:07:27 »
Cherry is out...

rite?

rite.  GMK can't get back in touch with me so whatevs

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 23:18:26 »
We should wait till Cherry legends are finished for this.  It will look beautiful.  I wish I knew what daniel's progress was with it.  Haven't seen him in the Toxic thread lately.  Maybe that means he's busy.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 23:33:38 »
So while the pricing is awesome, it didn't include everything I asked for in that the base price doesn't include matching 1.5xmods/7x spacebar and the mod price is *just* the cost of tsangan when I wanted both popular sets included so that people could get contrasting mods for their base sets.

Though, considering the prices now, that may still be what it is so that people that need tsangan kits pay the whatever extra and if someone wants contrast, they can just buy a full set.

Hm.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 01:12:00 »
Is it possible to make the modifiers in caps?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 01:15:34 »
I will ask Melissa.

She has a couple of pricing changes to send me and I'll get a thread up soon.  I'm also extending talks to matt3o to borrow his GB software and such.

Depending on pricing, a base set may include 1.25/1.5xmodsand 6.25/7xspacebar for all sorts of inclusivity and a mod set will include 1.25/1.5x and 6.25/7x spacebar.  The price I've shared today is base set without the tsangan sized stuff and the mod set only being a tsangan kit.  The downside to this would be if someone wanted contrasting colors for mods, they would have to buy two base kits that would also include the contrasting alpha kit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2013, 01:21:06 by tjcaustin »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 01:22:22 »
Is it possible to make the modifiers in caps?

I like this also.

in memoriam

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 01:22:54 »
R1 or 2 was caps wasn't it?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 01:24:09 »
R3 and R4-R3 :)

in memoriam