Author Topic: Does anyone know if there's a CC sale planned anytime soon?  (Read 10858 times)

Offline link_tree

Does anyone know if there's a CC sale planned anytime soon?
« on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 12:02:41 »
I'm looking to get my first CC but I don't want to pay the premium prices that comes with the older ones (although I absolutely love the candy corn and oktoberfest keycaps)

so does anyone knows if there's a planned sale?

Offline MattBuzzy

Re: Does anyone know if there's a CC sale planned anytime soon?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 12:05:14 »
I sure hope so link, looking to get my first cc as well.

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 12:09:19 »
I would guess not until Easter! They usually co-inside with national holidays  :)
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 13:44:51 »

You'll have a better chance the now as the new sales are run through a random lottery, instead of who has the fastest finger. :)
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 13:49:48 »

You'll have a better chance the now as the new sales are run through a random lottery, instead of who has the fastest finger. :)

Awesome, I would honestly just be happy with one of any colour, but I can imagine once you have 1 the collector bug kicks in.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 14:06:36 »
CC tends to have some sneaky sales on top of public sales.  Always pay attention to his subforum.  I always analyze what he says down to the letter to make sure I didn't miss anything....but usually I just confuse myself lol

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 14:16:27 »
You know that crush you have?? You know how you stalk her on facebook??

You need to stalk this forum 100x harder.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 14:29:56 »

I'm gonna crochet this on a pillow and sleep on it every night.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 14:50:08 »
Just prepare yourself. Clacks are pretty limited and most people want them. I've been here about 5 months and have entered for hack orange and 4 other clacks from EK and still have had no luck. Plus I have missed a few random sales that he has done as well despite checking this forum about 100 times a day.  There's people on here who have tried more/longer and don't have a single one yet. But it's kind of what makes you want them more.  And the new lottery system IMO is much better then camping and hoping your Internet can send off a message fast enough. Good luck to you.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 14:54:56 »
Just prepare yourself. Clacks are pretty limited and most people want them. I've been here about 5 months and have entered for hack orange and 4 other clacks from EK and still have had no luck. Plus I have missed a few random sales that he has done as well despite checking this forum about 100 times a day.  There's people on here who have tried more/longer and don't have a single one yet. But it's kind of what makes you want them more.  And the new lottery system IMO is much better then camping and hoping your Internet can send off a message fast enough. Good luck to you.

*le climbs on satirical high horse

The lottery system lets filthy casuals have a chance at climbing the social ladders of the keyboard community.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:02:34 »

*le climbs on satirical high horse

The lottery system lets filthy casuals have a chance at climbing the social ladders of the keyboard community.

They want CCs!  Let them eat cake!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:19:16 »
Not sure if...

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:25:41 »

I'm gonna crochet this on a pillow and sleep on it every night.

Life lessons to be learned here^
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:42:22 »
The lottery system is boring and killed CCs for me.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:46:28 »
Let me do this so I can save SmallFry some typing...

Soon™
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:54:28 »
Sounds like it is going to be fun trying to get one :D

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:41:46 »
I just want one. I'd like to not spend $70 on an unremarkable one, but it seems thats what I'd have to do to get one :(
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:46:00 »
Be patient.  Your time will come.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 21:31:27 »

Agreed. I stayed up until 4 am every night for a week to make sure I'd get one. I checked all day every day until it was finally sold. I was very, very disappointed when I found out about the lottery system. It was kind of fun trying to "race" for it. But now that all you gotta do is throw your name in and hope, it feels less fair to me. I understand that not everyone can camp out like I did, but that's just how it's gonna be. To be fair, yeah I'm a little salty that I missed out on it, but I firmly believe the new lottery system isn't all that fair. Then again, I do think it's nice that it does offer a chance to help out those that wouldn't even find out about a clack sale until after it was too late.

Another personal beef is that I find myself having little to no luck. Some people might not believe in luck, but in the scenarios where it could come into play it seems to never be present for me. But this isn't a fault to the lottery system by any means, it's just a personal reason for me to dislike it.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 21:35:26 »
Out of everything I got from this thread...it's that I want cake.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 21:39:14 »
There is no cake. I ate it. All of it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 21:48:01 »
The cake is a lie!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 21:52:52 »
Well Ima make a cake, that has an MSRP higher than a clack, eat that boys.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 21:53:27 »
Pics or it didn't happen. Let's see it Halvy!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 21:56:37 »

Its been awhile since I made a ballin cake...soon as I do it...you'll all wish you could eat it. DAymumnnn....Ima make a clack cake!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 00:37:50 »

Its been awhile since I made a ballin cake...soon as I do it...you'll all wish you could eat it. DAymumnnn....Ima make a clack cake!
It's an Entenmann's, they have a display case at the end of the aisle.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 02:09:10 »
Sure if...

I still love ya Halvy.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 02:11:49 »

Ok, not to be rude or anything.. but how would you want the system to work instead of lottery? A system which automatically give you a CC every time there is a sale? Kinda seems like that is how it works anyway, from the recent sales/lotterys, all the people whom already got the most clickclacks got them anyway, even if it was a lottery.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 02:14:53 »
Don't count your luck on it if you the date of the sale is announced before hand + first come first serve basis.

You'll have about 5-10seconds to purchase them.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 03:50:54 »
^ hack orange was even faster. A lot of people who sent their e-mail the very second the clock turned didn't get in on the sale or the dibs afterward. Of course location and connection speed play a big part in that. That could explain why certain people win all the time in the traditional sales and others, despite their best efforts can never win. Yes, the traditional sales were definitely much more entertaining to be a part of, but that's not going to mean a whole lot if you're one of the unlucky ones who's location prevents you from ever getting in on a sale which I believe is the case for a lot of us. If you have had success in the traditional sales in the past, of course you would prefer that method. So would anyone but there's something to be said about equal opportunity and though the lottery system is by no means perfect, it's a step in the right direction. No one person is more entitled to a Clack than another. Unless of course your just someone looking to turn a profit but those people exist in both methods of sale. That's where it's up to us as consumers to prevent ridiculous resale inflation by simply not buying. 
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 03:54:46 »
^ hack orange was even faster. A lot of people who sent their e-mail the very second the clock turned didn't get in on the sale or the dibs afterward. Of course location and connection speed play a big part in that. That could explain why certain people win all the time in the traditional sales and others, despite their best efforts can never win. Yes, the traditional sales were definitely much more entertaining to be a part of, but that's not going to mean a whole lot if you're one of the unlucky ones who's location prevents you from ever getting in on a sale which I believe is the case for a lot of us. If you have had success in the traditional sales in the past, of course you would prefer that method. So would anyone but there's something to be said about equal opportunity and though the lottery system is by no means perfect, it's a step in the right direction. No one person is more entitled to a Clack than another. Unless of course your just someone looking to turn a profit but those people exist in both methods of sale. That's where it's up to us as consumers to prevent ridiculous resale inflation by simply not buying.

The hack orange sale was the only sale on GH that I've ever taken part in. I woke up 5am my time, an hour early because I didn't calculate well -.-. I think I submitted 10seconds late, and I didn't get in.

I agree with the resale inflation thing. but there are always people who can pay more for things that they want, haha.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 07:01:13 »

Ok, not to be rude or anything.. but how would you want the system to work instead of lottery? A system which automatically give you a CC every time there is a sale? Kinda seems like that is how it works anyway, from the recent sales/lotterys, all the people whom already got the most clickclacks got them anyway, even if it was a lottery.

First come, first served.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 07:31:02 »
Internet connection is a handicap if you happened to live further away from Cali though.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 07:38:37 »
Only with 4grabs which I also disliked, the EK first come first served sales were the best.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 07:45:08 »
Dislike 4grabs? It is for people who were a tad too slow to make sure more eventually get caps. Even then it really is a "first come, first served" in order of email received.

Plus with EK there were leftovers from people violating rules that came up weeks after initial release. With the lottery I guess that will not happen anymore, though.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 10:57:55 »
Wasn't this thread just a guy asking when the next CC sale was?

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:08:58 »
Most of the people who sniped the EK sales through the old system were the ones who didn't resell their CC for 10X the price.
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:12:58 »
Most of the people who sniped the EK sales through the old system were the ones who didn't resell their CC for 10X the price.

That's true, but we can assume those same individuals are also hoarding them :)

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:13:29 »
I'd rather have hoarders than profiteerers any day
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:21:45 »

This could be true, but when hoarders get doubles they tend to sell them and then they are 10x the price anyway :P

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:22:51 »
I'd rather have hoarders than profiteerers any day
Agreed

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:27:27 »
I also dislike the lotto system and consider it a complete failure. It serves no point to help 10 people get their 1st CC, while at the same time 30 other new people are trying to sell them for $100 each. There has never been as many overpriced CC's for sale or trade following a CC sale as this last lotto one.
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline keymaster

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:33:52 »
I also dislike the lotto system and consider it a complete failure. It serves no point to help 10 people get their 1st CC, while at the same time 30 other new people are trying to sell them for $100 each. There has never been as many overpriced CC's for sale or trade following a CC sale as this last lotto one.

That's probably just a coincidence. A more logical explanation would be simply that they're more sought after than ever before. Even without a lotto, the next batch would see even more overpriced sales.

I don't understand why people don't see that a lottery is more fair than whoever orders first. With a lottery system, by definition, EVERYONE has the same chance at getting one. With a first-come-first-serve system, only those willing to be at the computer at a a specific time will get one. This only further creates a gap from the haves and the have-nots.

...feels like a Marxist vs Capitalist argument in here :P

Offline dirge

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:34:34 »
I got 2 clacks in the EK draws.  I loved it.  I got 3 clacks from the surprise EK stock that came up, was very lucky.

Every other time for me has been the middle of the night, so I never even had a chance.

Prefer the EK draws personally, seemed a lot fairer and open to people not based in the USA.  Was just the same resale as every bloody event.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:42:15 »
I don't understand why people don't see that a lottery is more fair than whoever orders first. With a lottery system, by definition, EVERYONE has the same chance at getting one.

that is not true because this lotto has hidden criteria on exclusion.  If you got flagged as possibly cheating the system, maybe due to just being on the same ISP as someone else of having a common last name, then you are forever excluded. And you'll never know this either

A fair solution to the initial CC sale's has been proposed many times in previous threads, and hopefully that will happen in the future sales.
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline keymaster

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:46:51 »
I don't understand why people don't see that a lottery is more fair than whoever orders first. With a lottery system, by definition, EVERYONE has the same chance at getting one.

that is not true because this lotto has hidden criteria on exclusion.  If you got flagged as possibly cheating the system, maybe due to just being on the same ISP as someone else of having a common last name, then you are forever excluded. And you'll never know this either

A fair solution to the initial CC sale's has been proposed many times in previous threads, and hopefully that will happen in the future sales.

If this is true, then just how often would this REALLY happen? Miniscule chances.

On the other hand, when the door is open to first come first serve...I think we all know what happens EVERY time.

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:47:08 »

This could be true, but when hoarders get doubles they tend to sell them and then they are 10x the price anyway :P

Hoarders don't sell, they trade.
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline keymaster

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:48:53 »

Hoarders don't sell, they trade.

As if trading devalues in them in any way  :rolleyes:
I've seen these being traded for ~$100 item equivalent items such as keyboards.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:54:06 »
If this is true, then just how often would this REALLY happen? Miniscule chances.

An EK rep has hinted that this is an issue from the most recent CC lotto. He said something along the lines of "Okay...some of you guys are BEGGING to be disqualified". I believe this was in one of the original threads about the upcoming CC draw. IIRC the EK rep commented while there were talks of people getting friends and family to enter to increase their chances. I wouldn't be surprised if someone entered 8 times for each member of the household.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:55:30 »
It would have been extremely easy to cheat the system.