Author Topic: Hi from Toronto  (Read 1488 times)

Offline dichotomy

Hi from Toronto
« on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:15:27 »
I got sick of hunching over my laptop 8+ hours a day so decided to get a stand for it, of course that meant a new keyboard, I decided to try something a little different. Hunting around for keyboards landed me here. After some reading I grabbed (and returned) a Razer blackwidow to give the blue cherry switches a feel and damn are those guys loud (I abuse my keyboard) but what a difference in typing accuracy over my old desktop's Logi k800. Recently picked up a Filco 87 key brown switch and loving it.  :cool:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Hi from Toronto
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 09:18:54 »
Congrats, and welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Did you not like the Blues? Just the noise?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 10:09:55 »
Howdy!

I use a keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches at work, super board and not too loud.  I'm a heavy-fingered typist, I think I could make the old rubber dome keyboard sound just as loud as the new mechanical board with Browns, and I love the click when the contact engages.  I think it's helped me be a faster typist, but that's just my impression. 

Let us know where your keyboard obsession takes you, you're among family now!   ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 14:52:00 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What do you think of the tactile feedback from browns compared to blues?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 16:33:46 »
Yo! Toronto checking in.
I love Elzy

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 16:49:49 »

Offline dichotomy

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 16:16:14 »
Blues were decent but just too loud, feels like the brown has a bit more resistance also which I'm digging.. Grabbed HPE-87 for home already....lol