Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 2035472 times)

Online LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #16600 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 04:18:46 »
Is there a name for the layout with 10 macro keys on the left side? Like the Rama Zenith? I think it was common in vintage keyboards.
I'd call it 65XT.

Offline ab042896

« Reply #16601 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 13:05:13 »
Does there exist an index/list/database for side profiles or common types of side profiles for various cases?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16602 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 16:30:50 »

What's the difference between these two?

The orange one is "complicated" Alps, one of the very best, in my opinion.

The blue is not Alps, it is SMK "Alps mount" and is also a very nice switch but harder to work with than Alps.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/SMK_Alps_mount

The difference in characterization of crime and who commits it skews what criminality looks like demographically. "What we're seeing so far is very similar to the process that we see with Islamic violent Jihad radicalization," said former FBI Assistant Director Frank Figliuzzi, "This wanting to belong to a cause greater than yourself, wanting to get affirmation from a group who may not even know who you are or ever met you. And then feeling like you're part of this deployment, this cause. You heard him say on the clip 'It's my job to protect this.'
No, it's not your job. But you think it is. And video last night shows him walking around roaming around with the assault rifle not really doing much of protecting anything." Figliuzzi made it clear that calling these characters "troubled" is a misnomer. "I would assert," Figliuzzi continued. "that it's time we stopped using the word ‘troubled’ with regard to white young people who act out like this and start thinking about the radicalized term that we used when people of color or people of Islamic faith act out like this. This is a radicalization process that's happening. It happened with the El Paso shooter in Texas. We kept hearing he was troubled. No, he was radicalized. And it's happening online."

Offline Surt

« Reply #16603 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 11:17:57 »
I have litterly just today got into this custom keyboard stuff and I thought a good place to start would be go looking for different parts, look at prices, materials, types, variations etc... I thought finding a set of black top printed key caps to go on a 60% keyboard would be a simple task but I was quickly proven wrong. Is there any site that sells sets of top printed keys alll in one colour?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16604 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 12:43:44 »
Is there any site that sells sets of top printed keys alll in one colour?

Yes, there are many though you'll probably have to buy a fullsize board's worth and probably in a non-neutral colour.

With shipping from China taking an age due to Covid a source near home would be good - where in the world are you?  What language and layout (ANSI or ISO) are you looking for?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod
MX Brown 30g, HHKBish
Vortex OEM PBT
for See how the other half lives challenge!

Offline LineReaderUltimate

• A guy who reads the terms of service every time..
« Reply #16605 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 00:22:03 »
Hello, I have just purchased a Unicomp Ultra Classic, and was wondering if it potentially would fry my board if I were to plug it into my Mac's USB Type-C port (via an adaptor). Is there anything I should be concerned about voltage wise?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16606 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 07:52:54 »

Is there anything I should be concerned about voltage wise?

I don't know about Apple gear, but the "universal" in Universal Serial Bus says that 5 volt DC @ 0.5 amp is the standard electrical specification.

Later USB iterations made greater current available, but as long as the voltage is its specified 5V, then the device will pull whatever current it needs (if it is available).
The difference in characterization of crime and who commits it skews what criminality looks like demographically. "What we're seeing so far is very similar to the process that we see with Islamic violent Jihad radicalization," said former FBI Assistant Director Frank Figliuzzi, "This wanting to belong to a cause greater than yourself, wanting to get affirmation from a group who may not even know who you are or ever met you. And then feeling like you're part of this deployment, this cause. You heard him say on the clip 'It's my job to protect this.'
No, it's not your job. But you think it is. And video last night shows him walking around roaming around with the assault rifle not really doing much of protecting anything." Figliuzzi made it clear that calling these characters "troubled" is a misnomer. "I would assert," Figliuzzi continued. "that it's time we stopped using the word ‘troubled’ with regard to white young people who act out like this and start thinking about the radicalized term that we used when people of color or people of Islamic faith act out like this. This is a radicalization process that's happening. It happened with the El Paso shooter in Texas. We kept hearing he was troubled. No, he was radicalized. And it's happening online."

Offline Hblcats

« Reply #16607 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 17:04:35 »
Should I lube (just) the springs in my Alps Oranges with Krytox 105 to try to reduce switch ping? Or is that a bad idea?

Offline Hipyo

• Youtube
« Reply #16608 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 18:59:07 »
If I wanted to make a custom deskmat run, where would I go to get it produced?

Offline ddrfraser1

• 7u > 6.25u
« Reply #16609 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 09:36:40 »
Anyone know what keyboard this is? Thanks.

249721-0

Offline ddrfraser1

• 7u > 6.25u
« Reply #16610 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 16:30:48 »
Thinking about spray lubing my Steel Series Apex Pro. If I do, will it mess up the Omni point switches?

Offline beybladebarti

« Reply #16611 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 20:14:43 »
Hey everyone, new member here. I was looking to upgrade to a Leopold FC660C, and was wondering if anyone had any insight into where to get one. I've tried looking for proxy services and such, but I simply cannot find this keyboard. If anyone knows where or how to get one, I would love to know. Thank you!

Offline ab042896

« Reply #16612 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 20:26:11 »
Anyone know what keyboard this is? Thanks.

(Attachment Link)
Duck TC-V3  :thumb:

Offline CarnageHimura

« Reply #16613 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 11:17:16 »
Can I use the "bag technique" to lube springs with Kritox 205g0 or this only work with more liquid lubes?

Thank you in advance!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16614 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 11:22:33 »
Hey everyone, new member here. I was looking to upgrade to a Leopold FC660C, and was wondering if anyone had any insight into where to get one. I've tried looking for proxy services and such, but I simply cannot find this keyboard. If anyone knows where or how to get one, I would love to know. Thank you!
Not sure where in the world you are but https://mechanicalkeyboards.com has some in the USA and this one is on ebay in the UK (I have no experience with this seller, mk.com is legit)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod
MX Brown 30g, HHKBish
Vortex OEM PBT
for See how the other half lives challenge!

« Reply #16615 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 01:16:03 »
is there a name for that gap that i loathe on 60% keyboards?
It's that gap between right control and the left arrow key.

im new here,
thanks in advance

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #16616 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 11:56:31 »
I am designing a product for a future GB and would like a bit of guidance. Is there a guide for making an IC and is there a discord for makers? Tried searching but to no avail... thanks!  :)

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #16617 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 11:58:50 »
is there a name for that gap that i loathe on 60% keyboards?
It's that gap between right control and the left arrow key.

im new here,
thanks in advance

I think you may be mistaken, as there are no arrow keys on a 60% keyboard. Can you give an example of the board you're referring to? Some gaps are called 'blockers' if they block off a keyswitch.