Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3554371 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #10750 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 20:33:52 »

In terms of feel, are there any differences though? Thanks for your input!

To me the metal case makes the typing experience feel more solid. The polycarbonate can flex and yield while typing, which to me feels less solid.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #10751 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 22:03:16 »

To me the metal case makes the typing experience feel more solid. The polycarbonate can flex and yield while typing, which to me feels less solid.

Ah okay, thanks! I was curious as I'm complementing whether if I should get a poly carb plate for my KMAC.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #10752 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 22:09:30 »

Ah okay, thanks! I was curious as I'm contemplating whether if I should get a poly carb plate for my KMAC.
Definitely go for a metal plate if you're dropping that much on a nice keyboard
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #10753 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 22:18:58 »

Ah okay, thanks! I was curious as I'm contemplating whether if I should get a poly carb plate for my KMAC.

I second this motion and would like to add if going with a KMAC I would go with a steel/stainless plate over aluminum, though with a TKL the difference isn't as noticeable as on a full sized board
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #10754 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 22:26:56 »

I second this motion and would like to add if going with a KMAC I would go with a steel/stainless plate over aluminum, though with a TKL the difference isn't as noticeable as on a full sized board
Or if you want to go all out: titanium

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #10755 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 01:39:13 »
Is Ducky Shine Zero TKL and Ducky Shine TKL 2/3 the only backlit TKL keyboards that fit in those aluminum cases? Also does anyone know if the Novatouch can fit in a Aluminum case?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #10756 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 02:14:16 »
What is the stem spacing like on a 6x Cherry spacebar? If I put Novatouch parts in a FC660C, will a Cherry 6x work?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #10757 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 02:22:42 »
What is the stem spacing like on a 6x Cherry spacebar?
Three keymounts, one middle mount 0.5 units (9.525mm) right from centre, left 3 units (57.15mm) and right 2 units (38.1mm) apart from middle mount.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10758 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 08:12:15 »

1) Is Ducky Shine Zero TKL and Ducky Shine TKL 2/3 the only backlit TKL keyboards that fit in those aluminum cases?
2) Also does anyone know if the Novatouch can fit in a Aluminum case?

1) I think the rapid I would fit into a TEX TKL set.
2) I don't know offhand. I don't have a TKL case to test this idea with. But I wonder if it would fit into a digilog case or if it was similar enough to a QFR that it'd fit a QFR compatible case.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #10759 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 03:46:44 »
What is the stem spacing like on a 6x Cherry spacebar?
Three keymounts, one middle mount 0.5 units (9.525mm) right from centre, left 3 units (57.15mm) and right 2 units (38.1mm) apart from middle mount.

Thanks... sounds like it won't work, since Topre has equidistant stem spacing.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #10760 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 16:55:59 »
I might be getting a mech with a 4P4C connector soon. I know you can use a Teensy with Soarer's firmware, but are there any easier ways to convert it? Ideally I'd like to do so without soldering since I don't really have the time or availability (can't solder in my dorm without setting off fire alarm). I don't know much about the board other than it is an Altos using Cherry MX Blacks with a 4P4C modular connector.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #10761 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 16:58:42 »
Is Ducky Shine Zero TKL and Ducky Shine TKL 2/3 the only backlit TKL keyboards that fit in those aluminum cases? Also does anyone know if the Novatouch can fit in a Aluminum case?

those won't fit IIRC

and no the novatouch doesn't have any alu case options yet
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #10762 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 17:19:06 »

1) Is Ducky Shine Zero TKL and Ducky Shine TKL 2/3 the only backlit TKL keyboards that fit in those aluminum cases?
2) Also does anyone know if the Novatouch can fit in a Aluminum case?

1) I think the rapid I would fit into a TEX TKL set.
2) I don't know offhand. I don't have a TKL case to test this idea with. But I wonder if it would fit into a digilog case or if it was similar enough to a QFR that it'd fit a QFR compatible case.

Hmm ok, I will look out for a rapid I

those won't fit IIRC

and no the novatouch doesn't have any alu case options yet

Aww, guess Rapid I is my only option

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10763 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 17:33:50 »
I might be getting a mech with a 4P4C connector soon.

I have a beautiful board with a 4P4C connector that I would love to somehow rig up.

Since I have limited time, I have not delved into it too deeply, yet, but I would love to know how you do it, if you are successful.

I have a multimeter, but I have some doubts that I would trust your pinout. Mine is a Televideo.

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #10764 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 22:54:38 »

I have a beautiful board with a 4P4C connector that I would love to somehow rig up.

Since I have limited time, I have not delved into it too deeply, yet, but I would love to know how you do it, if you are successful.

I have a multimeter, but I have some doubts that I would trust your pinout. Mine is a Televideo.

I have same 4p4c televideo. WYSE also used 4p4c as well as (I think) IBM.

I might be getting a mech with a 4P4C connector soon. I know you can use a Teensy with Soarer's firmware, but are there any easier ways to convert it? Ideally I'd like to do so without soldering since I don't really have the time or availability (can't solder in my dorm without setting off fire alarm). I don't know much about the board other than it is an Altos using Cherry MX Blacks with a 4P4C modular connector.

anyway: I can't think of a way to get it working unless you solder. Most likely a WYSE board under a different brand though. (there's lots).

Also: I know from lots of experience (and 2 years in the society of Fire protection enginnering club) that you can indeed solder inside the dorms without setting off the fire alarm. Or just go to someone's apartment.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 December 2014, 22:57:35 by dorkvader »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10765 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 22:58:00 »
Does anyone know how to change the lighting mode on a Leeku PCB? I tried using Esc + Home. I have my Leeku 1800 in hand but I don't know how to change the lighting.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #10766 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 00:15:33 »
Does anyone know how to change the lighting mode on a Leeku PCB? I tried using Esc + Home. I have my Leeku 1800 in hand but I don't know how to change the lighting.

Try this CPT:

FN = Pause

Pause = FN + Scroll Lock

LED Control = FN + Esc

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10767 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 06:16:09 »

Try this CPT:

FN = Pause

Pause = FN + Scroll Lock

LED Control = FN + Esc

This works like a charm. Thanks infiniti!

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #10768 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 10:23:31 »

I have same 4p4c televideo. WYSE also used 4p4c as well as (I think) IBM.

anyway: I can't think of a way to get it working unless you solder. Most likely a WYSE board under a different brand though. (there's lots).

Also: I know from lots of experience (and 2 years in the society of Fire protection enginnering club) that you can indeed solder inside the dorms without setting off the fire alarm. Or just go to someone's apartment.

Yeah, at the same time the smoke detector is right over my desk... And I don't wanna have to move my bed, dresser, and desk to fix that. Plus I'm not very experienced with solder.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Geoph

« Reply #10769 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 18:29:41 »
Could cigarette smoke/ash cause problems with cherry switches? At random some of my keys start becoming unresponsive so I clean them with some 99% isopropyl and everything works just fine for a while. Also, should I re-lube my switches after using isopropyl?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #10770 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 21:30:10 »
Could cigarette smoke/ash cause problems with cherry switches? At random some of my keys start becoming unresponsive so I clean them with some 99% isopropyl and everything works just fine for a while. Also, should I re-lube my switches after using isopropyl?

It is possible.  I have replaced CPU fans from a computer that was in a bar for a few years.  The fan was so gummed up with tar that it wouldn't spin at all.  I refused to even allow bar computers into my house after that cause it took 3 weeks for the smell to vacate my house and I smoked at the time though not in my house.  Cigarette smoke will also destroy pretty much any electronics that have active cooling fans as well.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10771 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 21:33:23 »

absolutely possible

like you said, 99% isopropyl will clean it out to some degree

you shouldn't be smoking at your keyboard anyway though, it yellows white plastics, and the ash gets all up in your fans
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #10772 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 21:34:45 »

absolutely possible

you shouldn't be smoking at your keyboard anyway though, it yellows white plastics, and the ash gets all up in your fans

Not to mention the tar makes the ash stick to everything that much more.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10773 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 21:35:54 »

absolutely possible

yeah, it's not nice to computer

i'm not gonna say don't smoke, make your own choices and all that

just don't do it in front of a computer

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #10774 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 21:41:52 »

absolutely possible

yeah, it's not nice to computer

i'm not gonna say don't smoke, make your own choices and all that

just don't do it in front of a computer

Pretty much my sentiments as well.  I personally recently quit smoking myself using a good e-cig after smoking for 15+ years.  In those years I never smoked in my own home.  Couldn't stand my house smelling like that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10775 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 21:51:34 »
a few of my friends smoke, but i don't because i don't want my clothes to smell

that's literally the only reason, but it's important to me

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #10776 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 22:38:18 »
how to apply file to teensy w/ soarer controller

Soarers/docs/index/tools something like that. What I am telling you is incomplete from my memory.

When you run Teensy.exe (from pjrc) it will ask you for a hex file. If you point it to soarers "atmega32" it should take care of the rest automatically.

This is all in Soarer's excellent documentation but you may have to dig around a bit.

once the soarer's code is on the teensy, you add the file with the following
open a command line
make sure the file is the layout and options you want
navigate the the /tools directory (where scinfo, scdis scas and scwr are locatied)
run scas <filename.sc>
run scwr <filename>

If you are in windows you can just run scaswr <filename.sc>

I put my layout.sc file in the/tools directory of the soarer install to make things easy.

The above info is also in the HTML documentation, but it's a little hard to understand sometimes.
my teensy broken i use pro micro now
i cant open scas/scwr when i click its not showup
yup im in windows i open scawr i drag/drop <filename.sc>
my bad its run in cmd :))
C:\Users\User 7>Desktop>tools> run scas <myfilename.sc> run scwr <myfilename>
right?

but always show
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
what's wrong?

i tried drag n drop
and show like this
Code: [Select]
error at line 5: invalid command
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 December 2014, 04:54:15 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #10777 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 16:50:17 »
Question about Ducky year of the horse:

1. does it have a plate?

2. Will the pcb fit into one of the custom 60% cases? for example the FMJ case?

watching the production video here at 1m47s mark, the pcb looks to have red circle marked holes for the standoffs.
t=1m47s

Thanks in advance!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10778 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 17:52:55 »

1. does it have a plate?

watching the production video here at 1m47s mark, the pcb looks to have red circle marked holes for the standoffs.
t=1m47s

Thanks in advance!
1) yes
2) not 100% sure but I think so. Never actually tried it myself but I'd assume so.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #10779 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 18:05:01 »

1. does it have a plate?

t=1m47s

Thanks in advance!
1) yes
2) not 100% sure but I think so. Never actually tried it myself but I'd assume so.

I don't think it would fit, since the mini USB placement for most aftermarket 60% cases are at the back where as on the ducky mini is on the side.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10780 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 21:12:46 »

I don't think it would fit, since the mini USB placement for most aftermarket 60% cases are at the back where as on the ducky mini is on the side.

That makes a lot of sense. My guess was totally wrong haha. Thanks!

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #10781 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 22:48:27 »

That makes a lot of sense. My guess was totally wrong haha. Thanks!

Thanks for the answers guys!
as for question number 2.

please take a look at the video, the side mini usb is actually connected by a pretty long wire to the pcb, so I'm thinking I could make it work by just gluing the mini usb to the back of the fmj case.

the only thing I'm worried about is the screw placement for the pcb/plate will not match the standoffs on a FMJ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10782 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 23:00:41 »
Thanks for the answers guys!
as for question number 2.

please take a look at the video, the side mini usb is actually connected by a pretty long wire to the pcb, so I'm thinking I could make it work by just gluing the mini usb to the back of the fmj case.

the only thing I'm worried about is the screw placement for the pcb/plate will not match the standoffs on a FMJ

FMJ Case

Ducky Mini PCB

Looks like there's a third stand off on the FMJ case that will interfere with the Ducky PCB. The Mini looks to have 4 holes and the FMJ has three stand offs; one being offset.

And you're right. There's a little daughter board where the USB port is so you can move it around as is.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 December 2014, 23:02:12 by CPTBadAss »

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #10783 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 23:08:57 »
It would be really helpful if we could find a picture of the bottom case of the ducky year of the horse, and see if the standoffs on that matches the FMJ case.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #10784 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 01:28:11 »
Any one know if it's possible to just buy novatouch stems, or do they have to be harvested.
eh o well

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #10785 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 01:44:08 »
Any one know if it's possible to just buy novatouch stems, or do they have to be harvested.

Right now, they have to be harvested. I could see them potentially being available in the future. If you only want one or two, then matt3o has a design that can be 3d printed that he has been working on.

Offline jackalope

« Reply #10786 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 01:50:27 »

Right now, they have to be harvested. I could see them potentially being available in the future. If you only want one or two, then matt3o has a design that can be 3d printed that he has been working on.

Thanks, I may just have to buy a novatouch and swap stems with my HHKB.  Determined to have miami on my HHKB.
eh o well

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #10787 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 01:52:46 »

Thanks, I may just have to buy a novatouch and swap stems with my HHKB.  Determined to have miami on my HHKB.

No worries, check amazon, they were $160 with prime shipping at one point in time, and you can always resell it with regular topre stems. The "novabrid" as tj calls it..

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #10788 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 02:02:24 »

No worries, check amazon, they were $160 with prime shipping at one point in time, and you can always resell it with regular topre stems. The "novabrid" as tj calls it..

$177.37 at the time of this post.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MY3S288/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline jackalope

« Reply #10789 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 02:07:48 »

$177.37 at the time of this post.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MY3S288/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thank you.

This is why I shouldn't drink and browse GH, think im about to pick that up, lol.
eh o well

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #10790 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 13:12:32 »
Is there anywhere a guide to opening the IKBC F-104? Or at least of opening a keyboard similar to it?  This is the first keyboard that I open.  I plan to replace the switch springs.  I understand that this board has some special modability for leds, I don't intend to install any leds however.  Will this led function be in my way in any way?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #10791 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 21:34:19 »
I had to look up some pictures.

Top "case" clips on to bottom. There are likely some screws holding it on as well.

step one: find all the screws. There might be one under a label or a QC sticker. Take them out.
Step two: get a butterknife, credit card, guitor pick, nylon stick, fingernail, etc to pry the top case off.

For additional info look up a guide on removing a filco top case, as it is very likely similar.

as to the LED: it was really hard to find PCB photos but it looks like all you need to do is remove the solder from the LED holes and install an LED.

Note: if you don't want LEDs then it won't get in your way at all.

Also note: to change springs you will have to desolder. The KB I found pictures of is plate-mounted.

Just desolder the switches, open them up, change springs, solder them back and you're good to go!
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 December 2014, 21:36:25 by dorkvader »

Offline cypherzion751

« Reply #10792 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 22:54:52 »
I have two questions for you guys:

1) Where can you buy a KBC Poker II PBT with Brown cherry MX switches?

-Hoping to buy two of them
-I know I missed the massdrop
-Mechanicalkeyboards.com is out of stock
-Newegg has two? One made by five star and the other listed as generic? Where are the Vortex boards at?  :confused:

2) I know that single color led backlighting is an easy mod on the poker II but has anyone tried to put multicolor leds in them instead?

-Hoping to switch between red, green and blue.  I don't need mixed colors so that would make it easier.

Thanks for the help guys.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #10793 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 05:02:13 »
the position two month is same as usually?

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #10794 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 10:25:44 »
Show Image

The English here is hard to understand, so I will attempt my best.

Are you asking "it this was 2unit keycaps should look like?", or maybe "why do these look this way?"

If either of those are close, I can say that those 2u keycaps are from a POS board, which used two switches to provide stabilization, instead of using one switch in the middle and a stabilizer bar connecting to two outer points on the keycap.

Hopefully that answers your question, but if not, an alternate translation might help.  :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10795 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 10:32:27 »

-Newegg has two? One made by five star and the other listed as generic? Where are the Vortex boards at?  :confused:

2) I know that single color led backlighting is an easy mod on the poker II but has anyone tried to put multicolor leds in them instead?

-Hoping to switch between red, green and blue.  I don't need mixed colors so that would make it easier.

1) I'd wait for MK.com to restock. Vortex is known for odd supply issues. They're out of China.
2) IIRC Jixr has a Poker 2 that looks like an American flag with the LEDs. It's possible.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #10796 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 10:52:13 »
What does a beam spring keyboard feel like?  :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #10797 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 15:27:21 »
Magical

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #10798 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 15:58:14 »

1. I recommend just waiting for the next drop.
2. You can put different colour LEDs in it like red on some green on some, etc. You can also get LEDs that change colour over time, (check it) but you can't put in LEDs that can be multiple colours (like bipolar bicolour LEDs and RGBLEDS)

Show Image

Usually 2-unit keys have three stems, one in the middle. Those keycaps are for a POS keyboard and are designed to fit over two separate switches. They are common on matrix POS boards.

They tried to get the feel of the selectric typewriter. The beamspring is similar but with a soft click rather than a loud thunk.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #10799 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:49:40 »
Show Image

The English here is hard to understand, so I will attempt my best.

Are you asking "it this was 2unit keycaps should look like?", or maybe "why do these look this way?"

If either of those are close, I can say that those 2u keycaps are from a POS board, which used two switches to provide stabilization, instead of using one switch in the middle and a stabilizer bar connecting to two outer points on the keycap.

Hopefully that answers your question, but if not, an alternate translation might help.  :)
Usually 2-unit keys have three stems, one in the middle. Those keycaps are for a POS keyboard and are designed to fit over two separate switches. They are common on matrix POS boards.
yup, the 2month position is same as like 3month just leave one month in middle, right?
or different spacing?