Author Topic: Me and my keyboard collection :)  (Read 2696 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Me and my keyboard collection :)
« on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 01:37:33 »
Hi GeekHackers!

I got fascinated by mechanical keyboards a year ago and was and silent reader here for a couple of months. But now I decided to register and start posting :)

I am a 30 year old nerd from Germany and this is my humble collection (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)

http://i.imgur.com/pSGayST.jpg

You can see the following keyboards:

Blue Switches Cherry G80, QPAD-MK 50, DAS Keyboard Ultimate, Filco Majestouch TKL
Clear Switches Cherry G80
Red Switches QPAD-MK 50
Brown Switches Zowie Celeritas, Keycool 87
Black Switches Cherry G80

It all started with the 3 Cherry boards because I couldn’t decide on a switch type and wanted to try multiple types. So I bought them all at once and from there I couldn’t stop buying new boards. Nowadays I always have two keyboards connected to my PC – one is the Filco and the other one is a random board of choice.

Next on my list is a board with green switches - probably a QFR Stealth :)

Last but not least I want to ask for a little favor. I know this isn’t the right place, but I can’t post in the classified section yet :D

I am looking for double shot Starcraft 2 key caps from this group buy

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=16091.0

There are Starcraft 2 caps available on the common reseller sites but none has a key cap with the random race icon (dice) or modifier keys.

If you wanna sell some caps please make an offer incl. shipping to Germany. I'd buy TeamLiquid keycaps as well 

Thanks in advance!

Offline Poom

Re: Me and my keyboard collection :)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 06:33:57 »
Hi, an impressive collection indeed.

All your keyboards have German layout?

Im also interested in a board with green switches, I live in Switzerland and I cant help but realized that this isnt a country to live in if you love mechanical keyboards.

Where do you get your boards from? do you ship them from the US? Im very much interested in a board with green switches, if you can find it somewhere please let me know and if you need to ship them from the US, maybe we can share the shipping costs??

lastly, welcome to Geekhack!!

LG, Poom

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 10:51:14 »
Hi!

Yeah, all those boards have German Layout except for the Keycool, but as you can see I switched the keycaps for the number row and the umlauts ;)

And you are right, finding good boards with ISO DE layout is hard.

I plan on setting up a Mini-Group Buy once the Quickfire Rapid Stealth with green switches is realeased from this site:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=213

If I find ~5 people to participate we might be able to cut shipping costs down to ~15 Euro per person. I'll get back to you once this board is released!

Offline Poom

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 14:34:58 »
oh wow that is a nice looking board.

Im definitely in. Hope the wait isn't too long...

by the way do you know of any place to get a board with clear switches in Germany or around Europe?

another thing, I'm interested in a cherry g80 board in US layout. do you also if you can find them here in Europe?

Thanks

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 12:48:38 »
This is a list of vendors that sell the Cherry G80 with clear switches:

http://geizhals.at/eu/cherry_g80-3000lqcde-2_a10756.html

But better check twice whether they really sell the "LQC" version - that's the one with the clear switches.

LPC is blacks
LSC is blues

Nice to know you are on board with the mini group buy - I'll get back to you when it starts (totally depends on the release of the QFR Stealth).

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 13:00:49 »
Oh and this one here has US Layout and black switches:

http://geizhals.at/eu/cherry_g80-11900lpmus-0_touchboard_a679104.html

It's rather pricey, but it's really unique with the extra function keys and the touchpad :D

Offline Poom

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:17:17 »
Hey, Thanks for the info.

I got myself a G80 with Clears wich I am using at work for the past few months.

I like the big bump. but a little too stiff at first, but after say... 2 months it broken in pretty well, so now it is very typable. Im curious to try out the Ergo clears though.

By the way, did you get your hand on the Green switches yet? mechanicalkeyboards.com has the Cm strom rapid with green now, also I found a taiwanese guy who can get the Limited Edition Ducky with ninja stype keycaps with mx green switches.

I think the clears are at the limit of how stiff I can take. green would definitely be too stiff. so im not looking into it anymore, maybe late just for the collection sake.

Godo day, Poom

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:19:32 »
Lechner, you can buy TeamLiquid caps from the TL shop. They have an EU store now so shipping shouldn't be that bad.

And those modifiers you're looking for are insanely hard to find. I got lucky and finally found the Terran mods I wanted after 6 months of being on GH.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:30:58 »
Wow, how did you stumple upon this old thread :D

Thanks for your reply! I already ordered 4 Team Liquid caps once they opened the EU store - as well as one of their awesome sweaters ;)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:33:21 »
Sorry haha, someone bumped it and I thought I'd just answer your question. I can't help myself sometimes...

Anyways, I have one of their hoodies and they're incredible. I hope you love yours just as much as I do.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:35:17 »
Of course I love it!

I hope summer is over soon so I can wear again during my ladder sessions ;)