Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 618145 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • * Maker
  • WHO INVITED YOU
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #6300 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 01:30:13 »
dropped off a bunch more of mine yesterday

nearly complete this end

behind on updating the support tickets tho but ill get that done this weekend

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #6301 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:42:49 »
well... ****.

here we are years later and i am about to move. i need to change my address for this. i am not sure what the status of my order is or what is going on at all. hell, i havent even logged into this site in almost 2 years. sorry i got distracted.

so SamWise is doing this now? should i reach out to him directly? any help would be appreciated.

thanks guys. keep clacking.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |

Online iamtootallforthis

• Something Slightly Funnier
  • * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6302 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 12:23:24 »
well... ****.

here we are years later and i am about to move. i need to change my address for this. i am not sure what the status of my order is or what is going on at all. hell, i havent even logged into this site in almost 2 years. sorry i got distracted.

so SamWise is doing this now? should i reach out to him directly? any help would be appreciated.

So either Hoff, Mashby or Spamray has your order as they are the US people in charge of shipment.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Exalted Elder
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6303 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 12:57:29 »
well... ****.

Technically you last posted 6 months ago but that's ok. :P

Mashby is your proxy and he is currently MIA however given his past trustworthiness and being an all around great guy I'm sure it is only a matter of time before he can come up for air and check in. Last update we have from mashby is he was covered up with real life issues much more important than keyboards.

Honestly for anyone moving for any proxy it shouldn't be an issue as we will send a paypal invoice for shipping charges you have to pay before we ship anything thus you have all the power in regards to what address we ship to as we will ship to your paypal confirmed address.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #6304 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:34:36 »
well... ****.

Technically you last posted 6 months ago but that's ok. :P

Mashby is your proxy and he is currently MIA however given his past trustworthiness and being an all around great guy I'm sure it is only a matter of time before he can come up for air and check in. Last update we have from mashby is he was covered up with real life issues much more important than keyboards.

Honestly for anyone moving for any proxy it shouldn't be an issue as we will send a paypal invoice for shipping charges you have to pay before we ship anything thus you have all the power in regards to what address we ship to as we will ship to your paypal confirmed address.

Have we come up with how we're going to handle the diy kits with smd components, I know the plan was to ship these separate from the other kits because there were a lot of parts. Any updates on that?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Exalted Elder
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6305 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 15:06:00 »
well... ****.

Technically you last posted 6 months ago but that's ok. :p

Have we come up with how we're going to handle the diy kits with smd components, I know the plan was to ship these separate from the other kits because there were a lot of parts. Any updates on that?

I believe the below quote is the latest information on the DIY kits

Really happy that something is finally coming my way, but just curious if a decision was made about DIY orders?

I have been waiting to see if the DIY kits are needed after all this time.  And also (well, primarily) procrastinating on dealing with that little box of evil.

However, I have now received two separate requests for info on the DIY kits.  I'll go open the box and see what it will really take to deal with.

And as always, anyone who wants to take this delightful little task off my hands is welcome to it!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Auto-typed by my GH-122 keyboard.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Two desks, too many keyboards.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #6306 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 09:49:48 »
Sigh.  I didn't do that.  I will.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #6307 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 14:17:58 »
Ok, I went and looked at this.  Lots of taped parts, so maybe I can use a ruler to cut measured lengths of (e.g.) teeny tiny diodes.  I'll try to make up a couple of kits just to see.   Shipping will be annoying because a blank PCB has to go with each kit.  Perhaps they could be shipped in Priority Mail envelopes?

If there is a person or two in the US who would actually build a DIY kit, let me know and I'll drop one in the mail.  (You have to already be on the list as a buyer, of course.)

Also, the little GH60 stickers ARE in there as well.  Those will be simplest to just drop in the mail in a regular envelope.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline odd

« Reply #6308 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 16:06:21 »
Ok, I went and looked at this.  Lots of taped parts, so maybe I can use a ruler to cut measured lengths of (e.g.) teeny tiny diodes.  I'll try to make up a couple of kits just to see.   Shipping will be annoying because a blank PCB has to go with each kit.  Perhaps they could be shipped in Priority Mail envelopes?

If there is a person or two in the US who would actually build a DIY kit, let me know and I'll drop one in the mail.  (You have to already be on the list as a buyer, of course.)

Also, the little GH60 stickers ARE in there as well.  Those will be simplest to just drop in the mail in a regular envelope.

- Ron | samwisekoi

I would love to build a GH60 from a DIY kit. What do you need from me to make this happen?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • * Maker
  • WHO INVITED YOU
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6309 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 17:28:00 »
just to let my guys know im super super behind on support tickets

including the most recent ones i now have just 13 orders left to send

tomorrow night ill tackle support tickets so i apologise to anyone who is due a reply

Offline osxoep

« Reply #6310 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 17:14:42 »
just to let my guys know im super super behind on support tickets

including the most recent ones i now have just 13 orders left to send

tomorrow night ill tackle support tickets so i apologise to anyone who is due a reply

bunny did you manage to drop off the ones you messaged about last week?
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • * Maker
  • WHO INVITED YOU
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6311 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 17:16:01 »
I did, almost all went out last week but I dropped 5 of them off this morning including yours, so it will either be with you tomorrow or Monday, its first class recorded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline osxoep

« Reply #6312 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:03:46 »
I did, almost all went out last week but I dropped 5 of them off this morning including yours, so it will either be with you tomorrow or Monday, its first class recorded

got it today :)
thanks for all your work with this GB
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • * Maker
  • WHO INVITED YOU
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6313 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 14:29:10 »

got it today :)
thanks for all your work with this GB

my pleasure sir

sorry for the lack of communication on the slight delay

the trouble is once i get the kid down for the night, i only have a few hours, and if i went on and replied to all my messages etc, well id never get anything done but reply to messages

glad it arrived safe

Online Korseir

« Reply #6314 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:10:47 »
Will there be extras or another chance to get in on the group buy?

Online iamtootallforthis

• Something Slightly Funnier
  • * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6315 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:46:24 »
Will there be extras or another chance to get in on the group buy?

This group buy is 4 years old. I don't think there will be another round but if you want a board check http://techkeys.us/collections/accessories/products/gh60

Online Korseir

« Reply #6316 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 08:18:25 »
Ah thank you sir

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6317 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 15:33:06 »
I feel like the pcb mount 6.25 stabilizer doesn't work with the plate. The metal part of the stabilizer hits the bottom of the plate causing the mx mounts of the stabs to raise.

It's like there isn't enough clearance.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • * Maker
  • WHO INVITED YOU
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6318 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:33:32 »
I feel like the pcb mount 6.25 stabilizer doesn't work with the plate. The metal part of the stabilizer hits the bottom of the plate causing the mx mounts of the stabs to raise.

have you tried turning the wire over, like flipping it so the kink in the wire heads towards the pcb rather than the plate

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6319 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 21:36:33 »

have you tried turning the wire over, like flipping it so the kink in the wire heads towards the pcb rather than the plate
I'll try

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #6320 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:00:23 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

It's been so long I can't recall how many DIY kits I had ordered, but I believe there were more then a few. I'd be in interested in getting them if possible. In fact, given the quantity you could probably drop all the little parts in a Ziploc bag and ship me those and the boards in a small flat rate box. I originally wanted to take on another soldering challenge, but that was a few years ago, I'm still up to it again though...

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #6321 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:45:08 »
It's been so long I can't recall how many DIY kits I had ordered, but I believe there were more then a few. I'd be in interested in getting them if possible. In fact, given the quantity you could probably drop all the little parts in a Ziploc bag and ship me those and the boards in a small flat rate box. I originally wanted to take on another soldering challenge, but that was a few years ago, I'm still up to it again though...

You ordered qty = 8 DIY kits according to the master spreadsheet.  Please PM or e-mail me your shipping address and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Auto-typed by my GH-122 keyboard.

Offline zoidbergslo

« Reply #6322 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:55:15 »

I'll try

Costar stabilizer had to be turned around as well. Wire still hits that switch but it works without a problem.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:59:19 by zoidbergslo »
Filco Tenkeyless

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6323 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:59:58 »

I'll try

Costar stabilizer had to be turned around as well. Wire still hits that switch but it works without a problem.
What if I use my backup plate mount cherry stabs? Do you think that could work as well?

I have multiple 2u, 6.25u, and 7u cherry stabs.