Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 804199 times)

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #6500 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 14:29:53 »
Wanted to let y'all know that I'm trying to get in contact with mashby and see if I can take over the shipping for the orders he has.

I have a 6 week break from school in December/January and believe I would be able to get all of the orders shipped during that time. I've had someone text him and I have been trying to get in touch with him on Twitter which he seems to be active on.

Really hoping this works out and that those of us remaining will be able to get our boards!

If you want help, let me know! I've volunteered several times, but it always seems to fall on deaf ears.

I'm plenty good at counting things and putting them in boxes.

Krav

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • colemak is the way to go
« Reply #6501 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 15:32:21 »
Wanted to let y'all know that I'm trying to get in contact with mashby and see if I can take over the shipping for the orders he has.

I have a 6 week break from school in December/January and believe I would be able to get all of the orders shipped during that time. I've had someone text him and I have been trying to get in touch with him on Twitter which he seems to be active on.

Really hoping this works out and that those of us remaining will be able to get our boards!

Go for it if you feel you are up to it, you'll have to get address updates and request shipping fees. but given things are separated out by region it does make things easier. Has he cut himself off from everyone though?

GLOD
The Invisible.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6502 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 14:34:26 »
Turns out I won't be taking over the shipping. Mashby wants to finish it himself. He said he is going to post here soon(tm) with an update on shipping.

Hope it goes well for him.
Quote from: lurch
strong combo

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6503 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 16:30:38 »
Turns out I won't be taking over the shipping. Mashby wants to finish it himself. He said he is going to post here soon(tm) with an update on shipping.

Hope it goes well for him.

Thank you for offering to help, billnye - much appreciated from everyone involved. 

Mashby is hoping to post a status update shortly; I just hope we can get this whole thing closed out sooner than later...

Offline vorn

« Reply #6504 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 03:12:19 »
Has Mashby been active? I know he had a lot going on towards the end of last year. Hoping to see an update in the months to come. Fingers-crossed!!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6505 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 10:06:44 »
Has Mashby been active? I know he had a lot going on towards the end of last year. Hoping to see an update in the months to come. Fingers-crossed!!

I was in contact with him in early December; he said he was just coming out of a crazy hectic time but is committed to seeing this project through.  He expected to make a post here in the next couple weeks, but that obviously hasn't happened.  I still trust mashby and believe that he will get this wrapped up, sadly that does seem to involve some delays.

Offline hellerbarde

• stumbling through the mechanical keyboard world.
« Reply #6506 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 13:40:54 »
Hey @bunnylake! Thanks for all your efforts!

I just checked my ctrlalt account and realized I apparently never paypal'd you the money for the shipping (a year ago,... my bad...  :-[ ). My ctrlalt username == hellerbarde (same as here). Can you look into my ticket and stuff?

I hope your family is well.

Cheers,
hellerbarde
objectoriented when someone felt like it.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #6507 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 07:33:36 »
All hail the bunny! It looks like my part of the GB might be salvaged too.

Kind of funny to see the invoice from mid 2013. The many times I gave up on this over the years.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • * Maker
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6508 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 07:35:01 »
Hey @bunnylake! Thanks for all your efforts!

I just checked my ctrlalt account and realized I apparently never paypal'd you the money for the shipping (a year ago,... my bad...  :-[ ). My ctrlalt username == hellerbarde (same as here). Can you look into my ticket and stuff?

I hope your family is well.

Cheers,
hellerbarde

All hail the bunny! It looks like my part of the GB might be salvaged too.

Kind of funny to see the invoice from mid 2013. The many times I gave up on this over the years.

ill be finished with my toxic shipping a week on saturday

after that ill get back on top of any and all outstanding tickets and cross another buy off my list

<3

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #6509 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 15:25:34 »

I was in contact with him in early December; he said he was just coming out of a crazy hectic time but is committed to seeing this project through.  He expected to make a post here in the next couple weeks, but that obviously hasn't happened.  I still trust mashby and believe that he will get this wrapped up, sadly that does seem to involve some delays.

Um....Any news?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6510 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 15:49:16 »

Um....Any news?

I haven't heard from him since making this post. 

Offline vorn

« Reply #6511 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 00:00:30 »

Um....Any news?

I haven't heard from him since making this post.

Ya, I thought I'd drop him a mail last week before I said anything in here. I asked for a response as a "proof of life" but didn't get anything. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I ever receive my order, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Offline mauri

« Reply #6512 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:04:12 »
I can't manage to fit the Cherry spacebar stabilizer between the plate and pcb, are there different types of cherry stabs? The one I have looks like a Costar stab so the wire isn't straight.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6513 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:09:08 »
I can't manage to fit the Cherry spacebar stabilizer between the plate and pcb, are there different types of cherry stabs? The one I have looks like a Costar stab so the wire isn't straight.

You are probably using a bar meant for PCB mount stabs, but mounting it with plate mount inserts. If you are using Cherry plate mount stabs, you want a bar that is not bent except for the 90-degree bends on the ends.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6514 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:10:53 »
JD knows more than me, but pictures could help ;D

Offline mauri

« Reply #6515 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:52:27 »

You are probably using a bar meant for PCB mount stabs, but mounting it with plate mount inserts. If you are using Cherry plate mount stabs, you want a bar that is not bent except for the 90-degree bends on the ends.

Dunno how that came to be, I thought I ordered a pcb mount stab set  :cool: But yeah, I guess I do need a straight sb wire.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6516 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 14:24:41 »

Dunno how that came to be, I thought I ordered a pcb mount stab set  :cool: But yeah, I guess I do need a straight sb wire.

If Iím not mistaken, these stabs all came from Ivanís stabilizer GB. The PCB mount stabs from that buy had an extra bend in the wire that got caught between the PCB and plate as you mentioned. I canít remember exactly what ended up happening to resolve the issue, aside from getting a new wire or stabilizer set.

Offline vorn

« Reply #6517 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 03:29:25 »
Anyone hear from Mashby recently?

[EDIT] Silly me, Mashby isn't handling my order.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2018, 05:57:30 by vorn »

Offline mauri

« Reply #6518 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 11:28:28 »
Alright, I'm have the worst ****ing time trying to fit the cherry plate mount spacebar stab, it literally won't fit the universal iso plate. Ya'll got any secret tips, like filing the notches or some voodoo ****.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • * Maker
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6519 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 11:44:43 »
Alright, I'm have the worst ****ing time trying to fit the cherry plate mount spacebar stab, it literally won't fit the universal iso plate. Ya'll got any secret tips, like filing the notches or some voodoo ****.

If you have a bent rather than straight wire you can bend the 2 ends round a little so that the notch doesnít interfere with the plate, itís not ideal but will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mauri

« Reply #6520 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 16:46:26 »

If you have a bent rather than straight wire you can bend the 2 ends round a little so that the notch doesnít interfere with the plate, itís not ideal but will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the problem was with the other black housing, right hand side which has only space for the housing and not much more. I managed to force it in the slot eventually but the tabs on the sides of the housing made it impossible to have it in the correct position. I just went ahead and desoldered everything and used the pcb mounted ones. With the POS soldering iron & solder suck I have I hope this is the last time I'll ever have to desolder a whole keyboard, what an absolute nightmare.

I thought plate mounted stabs were supposed to work with the universal plates. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Side note, how did the flashing work out again? I did the thing with flip in the original post and device manager now recognizes the keyboard as such but keystrokes don't go through. I did use the 0.1 version though, but still surely it should work with it as well.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 April 2018, 05:51:55 by mauri »

Online iMav

• babysitter
  • "En casa del herrero, cuchillo de palo"
« Reply #6521 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 12:36:47 »
So, there's a chance I may actually get the GH60s I ordered so many moons ago??  :)

Offline Puddsy

• Foreman of the salt mine
  • * Exalted Elder
  • Can't handle the heat? Stay out of the kitchen.
« Reply #6522 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 21:44:45 »
So, there's a chance I may actually get the GH60s I ordered so many moons ago??  :)

it would seem that way

also hello, mr imav
QFR (62g blacks) | MJ2 TKL | Realforce 87U | G81-3000 "Schumiboard" | Varmilo Bulgogiboard (Keycon 104) | KBD75 | MIRA (Clearsuns) | Weaven (MOD-M) | TX60 HHKB (soon!)

has puddsy gotten an award for person most involved with things hes not involved in at all, yet?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6523 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:10:06 »
With another semester coming to an end in a few weeks, I thought I would put it out there again that I am willing to do the shipping for the orders mashby has.

If anyone has heard from his recently please let me know.
Quote from: lurch
strong combo

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6524 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 11:39:53 »

Did I miss something? I too, am interested in receiving my vintage GH60. Haha.