Author Topic: Keyboard-slurring?  (Read 1321 times)

Offline bitbang3r

Keyboard-slurring?
« on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 22:22:55 »
I'm having a weird problem that seems to be getting worse over time, and I don't really know what to do about it. My typing skills actually seem to be deteriorating as I get older.

It's been decades since I've given typing any conscious thought, and as far as I can tell, I'm typing faster now than I ever did at any point in my life (at least 120wpm when I'm typing conversationally, if not more). Iv'e (yep, that was a typo I just made) been told by coworkers that I type so fast, they can't even hear discrete keys being pressed half the time when I type.

I've always made occasional typos, of course... but they were almost entirely of the 'teh' variety. Or 'almsot' ('almost') 'hte' ('the') same thing.

It's bothering me. Really, REALLY bothering me. A lot. I'm starting to feel like someone who's developing slurred speech or starting to mumble all the time.

Have I just outgrown the Model M, after using them daily since literally my teens? In some ways, the keys ARE almost starting to feel "sloppy" on me, like I'm actually typing faster than the key itself can bounce back sometimes. I'm starting to wonder whether some of my problem might just be something with a perfectly rational explanation, like keybounce, or dirty springs, or even (if I'm typing two keys with opposite hands too quickly) some weird artifact related to N-key rollover caused by pressing key #2 before key #1 has been fully released.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this?
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2013, 22:24:47 by bitbang3r »

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Keyboard-slurring?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 22:45:00 »
The same thing happens to me. I'm fairly sure it's just an issue of one hand typing faster than the other.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Keyboard-slurring?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 01:19:07 »
Stop giving your keyboard alcohol, you monster!