Author Topic: How do I clean my keyboard o.o  (Read 772 times)

Offline Moleboy

How do I clean my keyboard o.o
« on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 16:12:22 »
I have a Ducky Shine (v1), and I'm good with taking the keycaps off--but it's absurdly hard to clean in between the switches...any special way/guide to doing this? =D

Offline Emmiya

Re: How do I clean my keyboard o.o
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 16:15:13 »
Compressed air always worked for me, unless it's baked on(shouldn't be). In which case, just take an old toothbrush/ any sort of fine brush and gently rub then turn upside down and shake.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 17:17:34 »
Why not just get a keycap puller and take the keycaps off? Does not take too long. It is not like you need to do it every day and you can leave any key with a stabilizer on.

Though I can not blame you. I am lazy. Cleaning often means keeping it upside down for a bit, and wiping it down with microfiber cloth.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 17:29:47 »
Vacuum is better than pressure, in general.

Q-tips and alcohol are good.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline birthdaymonkey

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 19:27:07 »
I've always used a vacuum with the narrowest attachment I have. Although sometimes I wish I had an even narrower one.
Realforce 87u 55g | WASD v1 with Blues | Quickfire Rapid with Blues | Filco 87 with Reds