Author Topic: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~  (Read 129828 times)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:47:26 »
The thick PBT Duckies that are coming out soon are not very expensive vs other offerings-- on par with Shine IIs.  My problem is impatience.  Unless they give word of when these will be released and with what switches, I'll get something else sooner.  Same with CM, who can't give an estimate for when QFR with Clears will be out for sale.  If I had a date, Id be more willing to wait.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:49:14 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:47:30 »
Is Zero shine somehow has lower quality?

I wouldn't say that it's lower quality but it will definitely have less custom light settings and will have only one color setting.

The thick PBT Duckies that are coming out soon are not very expensive vs other offerings-- on par with Shine IIs.  My problem is impatience.  Unless they gives word of when these will be released and with what switches, I'll get something else sooner.  Same with CM, who can't give an estimate for when QFR with Clears will be out for sale.

I'd definitely go Thick PBT over backlit any day but that's just me :P The feel is more important for me than the looks. Also, the Ducky G2 Pro with Thick PBT's are priced amazingly. A spectacular value keyboard, if you ask me.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:49:44 »

I wouldn't say that it's lower quality but it will definitely have less custom light settings and will have only one color setting.

The thick PBT Duckies that are coming out soon are not very expensive vs other offerings-- on par with Shine IIs.  My problem is impatience.  Unless they gives word of when these will be released and with what switches, I'll get something else sooner.  Same with CM, who can't give an estimate for when QFR with Clears will be out for sale.

I'd definitely go Thick PBT over backlit any day but that's just me :P The feel is more important for me than the looks.

"One color setting"? Does that mean one level of brightness or?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:51:28 »
Too many rumours flying around and everyone making assumptions.

As far as I can tell from PCCG product descriptions, Shine Zero does not have multiple backlight modes, maybe not adjustable brightness, and non-detachable cable.

Also I have only seen blue and orange backlighting.

Note that this is all from the PCCG site, and they do not necessarily list all variations and it might be pre-release information.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:53:52 »
Cheaper? Really? Interesting because I totally assumed it'd be more expensive with the Zero shine being slightly cheaper than Shine II... I am so confused at what they're doing... my logic skills are going bonkers here. Them Chinese are so crazy, man.

lol I feel the same way too, as of now the listed price on Ducky Zero Shine is only $10 cheaper than Ducky Shine II.

Source:  http://ncix.ca/search/?categoryid=0&q=ducky

So if Shine III is cheaper than Shine II it would mean that Shine III is very close in price to Ducky Zero Shine.

So far we only know that Ducky Zero are made in China while Ducky Shine II are made in Taiwan.  As to whether or not it will effect the quality no one knows yet.

Need to wait for some Ducky Zero long term review.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:54:25 »

I'd definitely go Thick PBT over backlit any day but that's just me :P The feel is more important for me than the looks.

"One color setting"? Does that mean one level of brightness or?

As in, I assume that the Shine Zero will not feature multiple colors on each individual keyboard.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:58:50 »
Probably brightness, as lighting mode and brightness are the only two variables you can change on Shine and 2.

Except for the 78 version ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline shifted

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 08:29:05 »
As long as the backlight brightness can be adjusted on the Zero Shine and it is remembered through a boot I am thinking I'll go with that.  I don't care about different backlight customizations which leaves keycap material (and availability) as the biggest factor.  I like the volume keys on the Zero (hopefully Shine Zero as well) better than the mail/internet and I can't remember what other keys on the Shine 2 as well.

Would ducky ever add usb or mic/headphone jacks to their products?  Maybe that would be another thing added to the Shine 3?
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 08:54:34 by shifted »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 09:35:58 »
More detail on that Shine 3 space bar lighting...

Quote from:  Ducky Keyboard's Facebook Page
Shine 3: Color space bar lighting effect

The space bar is backlit by red, green and blue LEDs. Colors are individually adjustable to combine into your favorite colors. The on-board memory can store up to 9 sets of customized settings to suit your moods.

Offline Lycoth

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 10:11:16 »
The spacebar doesn't bother me so much I guess. So not sure if i'll go for a Shine II or Shine III. Gonna be a tough decision.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 10:14:50 »
THe Shine3 looks really nice and those PBT keys are really slick!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline enjen

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 10:15:51 »
The spacebar doesn't bother me so much I guess. So not sure if i'll go for a Shine II or Shine III. Gonna be a tough decision.

How do people have the option?  I've tried finding a Shine 2 brown with white or blue backlight (US) and they're sold out everywhere.  For me, my decision is the Shine III based purely on availability.  Maybe I just don't know where to look.  :-[

Offline Lycoth

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 10:22:07 »

How do people have the option?  I've tried finding a Shine 2 brown with white or blue backlight (US) and they're sold out everywhere.  For me, my decision is the Shine III based purely on availability.  Maybe I just don't know where to look.  :-[

Oh I had the exact same issues, part of the reason I went with a Filco for my last keyboard. The only reason I'd be able to find a Shine II is because I'm happy to use a Chinese Layout instead of a UK or US.

Offline shifted

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 11:00:33 »
THe Shine3 looks really nice and those PBT keys are really slick!

So this is confirmed they are using PBT keys?  That's cool if they are.  I cannot tell just by looks but maybe people can? Going to make my choice harder...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 21:08:23 »
"... customized settings to suit your moods" - I love it when they say things like this :)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 21:37:35 »
"... customized settings to suit your moods" - I enjoy the feeling when they say things like this :)
FTFY lol.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 21:44:22 »
Ducky metal key cap

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Online Tempest790

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 21:48:03 »
Looks neat, but I think I'd hurt my finger pressing that.

Offline jabar

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 21:51:58 »
Just to avert confusion, there are no PBT backlit keys here. boost was talking about the new thick PBT G2PRO boards, not the Shine 3.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 22:44:54 »
Looks like I'll finally be able to get a hold of an MX Brown/White LED shine once these hit the market (or so I hope). I do hope that awful space bar is optional though.

How long after Computex last year did the Shine IIs become available?

Offline Mainian

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 22:51:20 »
Good thing I bought that Ducky 2 off ebay on monday T_T.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 22:59:51 »
Good thing I bought that Ducky 2 off ebay on monday T_T.

Well it's not like Shine 3 will be amazingly better.  I just got my Shine 2 (the last one with MX Browns and Purple LEDs that wasn't overpriced), and I absolutely love it.  Nothing about Shine 3, except a pure aluminum case, would make me disappointed about not waiting.  So don't feel bad!

Offline jabar

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:09:54 »
Here's what will happen:

Ducky Zero 2108S = old Shine 2s, same functionality, new non-Cherry non-Costar stabilizers
Ducky Shine 3 = aluminum case + 5mm LED nonsense on spacebar, polling rate control, some other upgrades

Zero Shines will be $10-15 cheaper than current Shine 2s (why I would be hesitant to buy a Shine 2 unless you need TKL right away)
Shine 3 prices, who knows? I'm guessing $150-160 range if they skimp and have just an upper aluminum case. I can't see Ducky pushing much beyond that when cheaper Topre options are slowly being released.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:16:57 »
Here's what will happen:

Ducky Zero 2108S = old Shine 2s, same functionality, new non-Cherry non-Costar stabilizers
Ducky Shine 3 = aluminum case + 5mm LED nonsense on spacebar, polling rate control, some other upgrades

Zero Shines will be $10-15 cheaper than current Shine 2s (why I would be hesitant to buy a Shine 2 unless you need TKL right away)
Shine 3 prices, who knows? I'm guessing $150-160 range if they skimp and have just an upper aluminum case. I can't see Ducky pushing much beyond that when cheaper Topre options are slowly being released.

As far as I know, here are are the advantages of a Shine II vs Zero:

- Mac compatible
- Removable USB cord
- Reactive + Pulse lighting modes
- Multiple function DIP switch
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:20:04 by Lastpilot »

Offline jabar

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:25:18 »
As far as I know, here are are the advantages of a Shine II vs Zero:

- Mac compatible
- Removable USB cord
- Reactive lighting mode
- Muliple function DIP switch
- Mac compatible: unless it has the NKRO hack built in by default (a la Choc Mini), the board should be Mac compatible
- Removable USB cord: would be surprised if Zero Shine isn't removable, but it could be fixed
- Reactive lighting mode: it does look like LED functionality is curtailed with the DK2108S
- Multiple function DIP switch: not sure myself

I'm not completely sure if all the specs for the Zero Shines were revealed. I can see why Ducky chose to go this route: to compete with the likes of Keycool and Vortex who have provided cheaper backlit platforms for a while now.

Phantom 7bit

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:36:21 »
I am basing these features on the current Zeros available now.

According to this Zero models are not mac compatible.
The same link reveals that there is no DIP switch capability when compared to a Shine II.

Here is a picture of the Ducky Zero's back showing the non-removable cord.

The official reveal site also lacks any mention of mac compatibility and dip switch. The above image is also featured on this site.
If you read the Facebook comments on the Zero Shine announcement, Ducky confirms that there is no reactive mode. This is exclusive to the Shine series.

I was mistaken on the pulse mode, the Zero model will have this.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:40:56 »
That is alarming that it is not Mac compatible.  What makes a keyboard Mac compatible?  My SHine 1 worked fine on my Mac.  So does QFR.  So does KeyCool.

Non-removable cable.

Limited backlighting - maybe just on or off.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:43:51 »
Unlike the Shines, the Zero features a key that disables the windows buttons instead of utilizing dip switches. I'm guessing this might require the firmware to be "hardwired" for windows.

The same thing can be said for the Corsair boards which feature the same button. Windows only.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:03:24 »
This KeyCool has a similar function (and a green LED under F12 which, when pressed in conjunction with Fn), apparently disables the Win key.

Works fine on a Mac :)

Offline Faceless

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:06:57 »
No idea what they are saying, but.....

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:09:42 »
Ah, the plot thickens!

Hmm...mechanicalkeyboards shows the Keycool as being "limited" on non-Windows systems. What does that mean?

@Faceless: Wow great find! That alu case...I wonder if it is backwards compatible...

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:12:03 »
No idea what they are saying, but.....
nice find!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:20:20 »
Wow, LED overkill!  Watching the video, I was thinking how I wouldn't actually be using any of those modes!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:22:19 »
Wow, LED overkill!  Watching the video, I was thinking how I wouldn't actually be using any of those modes!

Well I have a shine II and I don't use the back-lighting at all....I just wanted the full size board with clears...

I'm interested to see what the shine III had to offer but would probably consider one of the other models since Ducky seems to be adding a few more with clears and greens even!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:24:09 »
I keep the steady full backlight on min brightness.  It's such a nice color, I miss it when I turn it off. 

Would love an actual brushed aluminum case though.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:26:09 »
Yeah it's just overkill... there are 8 modes I think?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:33:26 »

Well I have a shine II and I don't use the back-lighting at all....I just wanted the full size board with clears...

I'm interested to see what the shine III had to offer but would probably consider one of the other models since Ducky seems to be adding a few more with clears and greens even!

This man and I think alike :) I also don't really care for back lighting and I also had previously bought the Ducky Shine II w/ Clears just for the switch type. It should be interesting to see what the new products will feature but I probably won't be planning on getting any of them, at least not just yet :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:35:20 »

This man and I think alike :) I also don't really care for back lighting and I also had previously bought the Ducky Shine II w/ Clears just for the switch type. It should be interesting to see what the new products will feature but I probably won't be planning on getting any of them, at least not just yet :P

You know you miss all those ducky's!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:38:26 »

You know you miss all those ducky's!

Don't rub it in man :)) I'm already hurt from letting go of my Ducky Limited Edition Greens and Shine II w/ Clears :(

Offline jabar

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:56:50 »
Ah, the plot thickens!

Hmm...mechanicalkeyboards shows the Keycool as being "limited" on non-Windows systems. What does that mean?

@Faceless: Wow great find! That alu case...I wonder if it is backwards compatible...
All mechanical keyboards are usable on OSX: it has its own keyboard determination utility for non-native Mac keyboards, I've tried this myself using both a Leopold FC700R and a Plu M-87.

MK.com has acknowledged in the past that the specs they list are not completely accurate. Manufacturers often have the Mac incompatible verbage so they don't need to support Macs if issues arise.

Phantom 7bit

Offline jabar

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:59:43 »
I keep the steady full backlight on min brightness.
I do this too, backlighting at minimum brightness, across all my backlit keyboards. Unfortunately for my Deck, that still equates to surface-of-sun brightness.

Phantom 7bit

Offline GrayFoxbr

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:28:50 »
Video showing some of the ducky shine 3 backlight modes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ITXhisJ-yxA

EDIT: just saw this video in a few posts back...sorry for posting it again.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:46:12 by GrayFoxbr »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:33:21 »

Thanks for the video :) Looks like they are finally getting on board with the whole delayed reaction lighting like Corsair. Should be interesting to see pricing on this thing. I can only imagine the aluminum case version will cost quite a bit. Pulsating reaction lighting is quite decadent :)) It's cool but some of those options just seem so useless and no one will use them no matter how cool.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:35:28 by VesperSAINT »

Offline GrayFoxbr

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:41:33 »

Thanks for the video :) Looks like they are finally getting on board with the whole delayed reaction lighting like Corsair. Should be interesting to see pricing on this thing. I can only imagine the aluminum case version will cost quite a bit. Pulsating reaction lighting is quite decadent :)) It's cool but some of those options just seem so useless and no one will use them no matter how cool.
Yep, i share the same opinion. Backlighting is pretty cool but after so many keyboards with that feature i just use it on with the lowest brightness or off. I'm more interested in the ducky mini and in the year of the snake. I think we have a new record, so many mech keyboards being announced on the same computex.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:45:34 »

Yep, i share the same opinion. Backlighting is pretty cool but after so many keyboards with that feature i just use it on with the lowest brightness or off. I'm more interested in the ducky mini and in the year of the snake. I think we have a new record, so many mech keyboards being announced on the same computex.

:)) Glad to see someone shares my opinion. What's the Ducky mini? Ducky releasing a 60% keyboard too?

Offline GrayFoxbr

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 02:58:52 »

:)) Glad to see someone shares my opinion. What's the Ducky mini? Ducky releasing a 60% keyboard too?
possibly.
I saw a post at Mechanicalkeyboards.com facebook page saying
Coming soon from Ducky!

- Limited Edition Year of the Snake
- Shine 3
- DK2087 Zero
- Ducky Mini

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 03:05:31 »
This Ducky Mini intrigues me.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 03:10:18 »
Snaaaaaaaake!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 03:23:45 »
possibly.
I saw a post at Mechanicalkeyboards.com facebook page saying
Coming soon from Ducky!

- Limited Edition Year of the Snake
- Shine 3
- DK2087 Zero
- Ducky Mini

Snaaaaaaaake!

Why is it that the Not a valid %s URL or emoticons don't work sometimes?
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2013, 03:49:07 by VesperSAINT »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 04:25:31 »
Ah, the plot thickens!

I have a white KeyCool (with MX reds) connected to my Mac.

Everything seems to work, except the explorer/calculator keys (the equivalent keys on my Ducky didn't work on the Mac either).

Even the Fn-F12 works to disable the Win key (mapped as Option on the Mac through Preferences).

Oh, Scroll Lock doesn't.  But the Ducky one didn't either, Mac doesn't really do scroll lock.