Author Topic: SP or Cherry Double Shot? UPDATE: Tai Hao Double Shot $8.00 per 104 key?!?!?!?!  (Read 21283 times)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
==============================  UPDATE  2  ==============================

Group buy up !!!  Price is $8.00 per set (104 keys)  :D

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43745.0

==============================  UPDATE  ==============================

So I've finally got my hands on Cherry double shot but realizing that I'm not too fond of Cherry profile and scooped F and J.

Luckily I heard there is a third source of double shots which is from Tai Hai from Taiwan.  They make thick ABS double shot with OEM height.  They have a MOQ of 500 units but they sell at $6.50 USD per set (104 keys).

Only drawback is that they won't have bottom row that fits the typical Filco layout.

Personally I've been too busy working lately so I won't be able to run the group buy for it.  If anyone's willing to step up and run it then it would be great  :D

Company Website

Examples of their keycaps.

==============================  ORIGINAL POST  ==============================

Lol before you guys jump to conclusion (I know most will just say Cherry) I'd like explain the situation a bit.

I've tried imsto's PBT recently and I realize a few things, that I prefer ABS over PBT better and I also prefer OEM profile over Cherry profile.  But I'll also agree thick does feel more solid.

Color wise ideally I want something like CCnB.  So in a perfect world I'd want thick OEM ABS double shot with CCnB theme.

But since such keycap doesn't exist so I'm down to a few options:

1. SP profile (closer to OEM height) thin double shot, might have to wait for group buy for it.

OR

2. Cherry profile thick double shot, Olivetti theme from Sherryton (he seemed to came back, *cross fingers*).

OR

3. Wait for IvanIvanovich to run a GMK full set buy and hopefully CCnB theme will be an option.

What do you guys think?  Does SP's thin ABS feel a lot different than thick ABS?

This and too bad Ducky is doing thick OEM height PBT, if only it was ABS.

Lol the dillema....  :P
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 May 2013, 22:03:04 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: SP Double Shot or Cherry Double Shot?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 03:08:23 »
(I know most will just say Cherry)
Cherry  :p

3. Wait for IvanIvanovich to run a GMK full set buy and hopefully CCnB theme will be an option.

This^ Unless people start reporting they're getting their stuff from Originative :)

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 05:15:11 »
I would agree with Jocelyn and it's what im going to do aswell.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 05:31:00 »
I love my cherry DS way more than any of my SP sets. I love the look of most of the SP sets that have come out/are coming out, but when it comes to typing, I'd take an ugly cherry set everyday.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 07:34:29 »
Whether you choose Cherry or SP, there was a mod posted here by lunartuna which actually raises the height of the caps to roughly OEM height. Maybe you might wish to look into that.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 07:48:21 »

I have the same feeling here, and I would wait for GMK group buys to get new sets. Higher height? Install a ring underneath, as esoomenona referred.

I love my cherry DS way more than any of my SP sets. I love the look of most of the SP sets that have come out/are coming out, but when it comes to typing, I'd take an ugly cherry set everyday.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 07:52:07 »
Neither  :eek:. You should try to find some set made by Tai-Hao. They are only ones that make OEM, they are thicker like Cherry. Even though I strongly dislike OEM high and insist that Cherry profile should be only that exists, some people don't share my opinion.

They also make some funny really short and flat rubber doubleshots...
I know quite a few that would like OEM doubleshots and Tai-Hao could be the answer, someone should do some work to get in touch with them and try and make a groupbuy for them or something.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 08:15:14 »

If you open a group buy for the flats I would love to try them  :) .

Neither  :o . You should try to find some set made by Tai-Hao. They are only ones that make OEM, they are thicker like Cherry. Even though I strongly dislike OEM high and insist that Cherry profile should be only that exists, some people don't share my opinion.
Show Image

I know quite a few that would like OEM doubleshots and Tai-Hao could be the answer, someone should do some work to get in touch with them and try and make a groupbuy for them or something.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 08:16:10 »
I am far too busy with other stuff, it can be someone else project. I only came in here to tell it was another choice.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 22:29:27 »
Neither  :eek:. You should try to find some set made by Tai-Hao. They are only ones that make OEM, they are thicker like Cherry. Even though I strongly dislike OEM high and insist that Cherry profile should be only that exists, some people don't share my opinion.
Show Image

Ohhhhh thanks IvanIvanovich !!!

Maybe I'll send them an e-mail and see what they say.  Though I don't think I'm experienced enough to run group buy yet but I guess I'll find out what the deal is first  :P

OEM profile thick ABS, that sounds sexy lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 05:16:36 »
Cherry owns SP in feel, thickness, and seams. SP wins when it comes to customizations of color and legends. Although GMK is capable of matching SP in this aspect, they require a ridiculous MOQ.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:11:53 »
One becomes experience for groupbuy after they run one, never before ;)

Offline Hyde

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 23:02:42 »
Damn you IvanIvanovich making me type Chinese LOL.  My Chinese typing speed is probably something like 10 word per minute.

Though I've sent Tai-Hao an e-mail and let's see what they say  :P

Offline Hyde

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:12:08 »
So here's the update, they e-mailed me back saying the MOQ is 500 units.  =______=

This is worse than GMK BUT !!!!!  Price per set is USD $6.50 and the keycaps are made in Taiwan.  I've e-mailed her back to confirm that it's $6.50 per set (aka 104 keys) to make sure she didn't misunderstood me, though I haven't got a reply yet.

As for color, the choices are black, red, green, and blue.  She didn't specify the letter color so I'm guessing it's white.  Since it's double shot so it's probably white over black/red/green/blue.  HOWEVER she says only alpha can have color rest will be black, by alpha I'm guessing 37 key.

So if it ever does happen it sounds like we might have to order 500 set of white on black thick OEM ABS double shots.  Personally I think at the price it's not bad, but I've been too busy with full time work recently so hopefully someone who has time can run this group buy  :P

Also another news is that Sherryton seems to have came back, so I've ordered a Cherry Olivetti double shot from him and have got a shipping tracking number already.  I'll let you guys know when I actually gets it.  :D

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:30:37 »
So here's the update, they e-mailed me back saying the MOQ is 500 units.  =______=

Price per set is USD $6.50 and the keycaps are made in Taiwan.  I've e-mailed her back to confirm that it's $6.50 per set (aka 104 keys) to make sure she didn't misunderstood me, though I haven't got a reply yet.

lol $6.50 per set!?!?! I doubt there would be any trouble hitting 500 MOQ at that price, but seriously, $6.50 for a 104 set? >.>

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:31:05 »
Also another news is that Sherryton seems to have came back, so I've ordered a Cherry Olivetti double shot from him and have got a shipping tracking number already.  I'll let you guys know when I actually gets it.  :D

Noob question here, where can I order through Sherryton? Can you give me a link?

Thanks!  :D

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:32:12 »
I think it's $6.50 per set for the 37 key / alpha series, if it is the actual price, I wouldn't mind ordering 2 sets of it!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:32:41 »

Noob question here, where can I order through Sherryton? Can you give me a link?

Thanks!  :D

originativeco.com

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
SP Double Shot or Cherry Double Shot?
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:34:08 »
At $6.50 a set, I'd buy a dozen! Probably use them as....who knows!

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:34:15 »
originativeco.com

Much obliged good sir!

Offline Hyde

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:43:12 »
I think it's $6.50 per set for the 37 key / alpha series, if it is the actual price, I wouldn't mind ordering 2 sets of it!

lol that's why when I read it I'm like WTFBBQ?!?!?!?!?!  So I've sent another e-mail to double check but they haven't got back to me yet  :(

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:12:28 »

lol that's why when I read it I'm like WTFBBQ?!?!?!?!?!  So I've sent another e-mail to double check but they haven't got back to me yet  :(

Oh right, I got too excited about 104 for $6.50, but that price for 37 is still incredible!!

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:18:22 »
Definitely still an awesome price for the 37 key set for $6.50! I might just even order red, blue, green and yellow for the fun of it!

Offline tauburn

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 08:04:55 »
i really want the blue on beige set he sells but >$90... idk..  :-[

Offline Hyde

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 19:08:03 »
Ohhhhhh she replied to my e-mail !!!

So yes it's confirmed that 104 key per set sells at $6.50 each  :eek:

And they only do 1 colour per set.  They can only do white letter but base can be black/red/blue/yellow (I think she mentioned green in one e-mail but the other e-mail she says yellow so I believe it was a typo).

Though there's only one problem, they don't have 1.25 size window key, menu key, and no 6.25 spacebar.  Otherwise this seems like a pretty sweet deal and sent me an example picture.  Doesn't look as thick as Cherry double shot but still not bad  :)

20729-0

20731-1

20733-2

lol and she's worry about me breaking the stabilizer bars when taking apart large keys.

Should've been like don't worry I'm from geekhack lol.

And someone start a group buy  :P
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 19:47:34 by Hyde »

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 19:14:33 »

GTFO!

I know someone's going to ask so it might as well be me. Can they do blanks? lol

Edit - I'm asking about blanks full sets AND blank 1.25 (for (Windown/Menu) & spacebars btw
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 19:16:13 by Jocelyn »

Offline Hyde

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 19:52:24 »
lol I know right?  The price is ridiculous.  And I'm not sure about blanks, I assume the whole point is thick OEM double shot so I forgot to ask  :P

Though initially I was writing Chinese e-mail then I got lazy and noticed their English is actually pretty good so I start writing in English afterwards, you should shoot them an e-mail and see what they say lol.

E-mail:  sales@tai-hao.com.tw

Are you gonna start a group buy for this?  @_____@  Jocelyn you're the best !!!  *glittery eyes*

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 20:08:58 »
If I wasn't moving soon, I totally would and if it doesn't start by the time I relocate, I'll pick it up, but I have a feeling someone else will between now and then.

Edit - Oh and I'm sorry lol, but I guarantee this will happen one way or another sooner or later :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 20:17:58 by Jocelyn »

Offline Hyde

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 21:25:35 »
lol another e-mail, those guys reply FAST !!!

1. Yes, we can support blank keys (without letter printing) for windows & manu keys – 1x1 or 1x1.25 size are all available.
2. My quotation didn’t include metal bar and plastic parts under the keys.. Besides, I don’t know whether our keys which need metal bar and plastic parts are suitable for Filco keyboard or not.. \
3. Now the major problem is spacebar. We only have spacebar size at 1x5 and 1x7, no 1x6.25..

I'm assuming the stabilizers shouldn't be a problem might just need to order the plastic clip from WASD Keyboards for those that uses a Costar type.

And seems like it's possible to do blanks for win and menu key so that's taken care of.

Now the problem with the spacebar.  Not sure what we'd do but worst case scenario I guess everyone can order their own from WASD Keyboards also  :P
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 21:27:35 by Hyde »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 21:29:47 »
Wonder if the colours would match though.  WASD yellow is very pale, for example.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 21:31:07 »
Now the problem with the spacebar.  Not sure what we'd do but worst case scenario I guess everyone can order their own from WASD Keyboards also  :P

Wonder if the colours would match though.  WASD yellow is very pale, for example.

Maybe ask Feng to do another GB for aluminum spacebars :)

Edit - Carrying this over from the last page :)

lol another e-mail, those guys reply FAST !!!

1. Yes, we can support blank keys (without letter printing) for windows & manu keys – 1x1 or 1x1.25 size are all available.
2. My quotation didn’t include metal bar and plastic parts under the keys.. Besides, I don’t know whether our keys which need metal bar and plastic parts are suitable for Filco keyboard or not.. \
3. Now the major problem is spacebar. We only have spacebar size at 1x5 and 1x7, no 1x6.25..

I'm assuming the stabilizers shouldn't be a problem might just need to order the plastic clip from WASD Keyboards for those that uses a Costar type.

And seems like it's possible to do blanks for win and menu key so that's taken care of.

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 21:32:54 by Jocelyn »

Offline tauburn

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 21:52:17 »

wasd everything is pale. idk how they stay in business

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 22:10:34 »
Wow, those are amazing prices.   I would be in for several at those prices regardless of the space bar.  If some other people in the LA/Orange County area wanted to help with sorting, I'd definitely be down for running or helping organize the GB.  That is as long California isn't one of those states that are starting to treat those kinds of transactions as taxable income.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 22:35:55 »

This is an almost hard to believe price, and making the MOQ of 500 sets, a moot number. Each person can buy 10 full sets and it will still be cheaper than 1 GMK set. The whole GB payment is only $3250, which is not much at all.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 23:34:55 »
*encourages Hyde to do interest check*

sign me up for a few lol this is crazy price, the space bar would be a problem but that just means i wouldn't use it on the 1.25 keyboards, got enough SP for those 1.25 layouts anywayz.

Get some blank 1x, 2x, and 1.5x and you would be a HERO for ergodox users lol but it sounds like only the 1x would be possible, one can dream though lol.

edit. hell i bet we could make the MOQ of TWO colors, like blue and black and then bam two tone set solved.

sucks the colors are limited though
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 23:43:22 by Glod »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 00:11:05 »
*encourages Hyde to do interest check*

sign me up for a few lol this is crazy price, the space bar would be a problem but that just means i wouldn't use it on the 1.25 keyboards, got enough SP for those 1.25 layouts anywayz.

Get some blank 1x, 2x, and 1.5x and you would be a HERO for ergodox users lol but it sounds like only the 1x would be possible, one can dream though lol.

With as cheap as the sets are, I don't think it would be a big deal to have make the buy come with a 1x and 1.25x and, if they do them 1.5x and 2x as well.  It might add, what, all $0.25 to the order since they said a full set is $6.50.  And I don't know about you, but I'm always happy to have some extra keycaps to play/experiment with, give away, or to trade.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 00:26:42 »
Forget the IC. Someone drop three gees and get us these keys now. Sell them for $7 and make a nice profit for youz self.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 01:01:39 »
Forget the IC. Someone drop three gees and get us these keys now. Sell them for $7 and make a nice profit for youz self.

If I had a spare $3.5k, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 02:18:46 »
IC?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 02:25:22 »
IC?

lol does that mean that you want one to start or rather that you didn't know IC stood for interest check? Being that you are who you are, surely you're requesting an IC start soon, right? :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 02:27:35 »
IC?

DO IT!

I'll even offer to help with the logistics of it all.  I've modded a large sub-reddit of over 100k people and handled the logistics, so I can't imagine it would be much tougher.  Right guys?  Please tell me I'm right.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 May 2013, 02:29:24 by nubbinator »

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 05:51:07 »
I'd be in for one of those taiwanese sets, so cheap  :eek:

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 06:05:03 »
Hahaha $6 for a full 104 key set? They must think that we will order 25000 sets or something :D

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 07:03:38 »
Hahaha $6 for a full 104 key set? They must think that we will order 25000 sets or something :D
Gratz for 1k posts :D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 09:13:21 »
Wow, $6.50 a set, mind blown. Odd they have no 6.25 space when they use 1.25 for bottom row... does not compute. At least with primary colors and OEM profile it might not be too tough to get matching enough from another source.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 21:06:13 »
http://www.tai-hao.com/english/products_detail.php?main_id=1&second_id=44&p_id=309&now_rows=0

Based from the picture it looks like a giant left ctrl and the rest are 1x1.  Such a weird layout.  As for the 1.25 I think it's blank only.

But yeah we should be able to get other match keycaps elsewhere, haha watch the entire set will be cheaper than bottom row we get elsewhere  :P

And sorry guys, I'd do it but now I'm working full time Monday to Friday and Sundays  :(

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 21:39:25 »
I would be in for 4 sets 100% sure, blue,black,red,yellow :)
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 23:06:07 »
Should we start and interest check?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 23:11:06 »
we can do IC, but who will actually do all the packaging,collecting,delivering.... I don't have any experience in GB, but I wouldn't mind a little help. If someone that lives near Tampa Fl wants to pitch in, as solo not sure how will I handle, will think about it and ask Lysol for some tips on wrapping up GB's.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 23:38:15 »
we can do IC, but who will actually do all the packaging,collecting,delivering.... I don't have any experience in GB, but I wouldn't mind a little help. If someone that lives near Tampa Fl wants to pitch in, as solo not sure how will I handle, will think about it and ask Lysol for some tips on wrapping up GB's.

I'm in Southern California and I'd be willing to do/help with the packaging and help run the logistical side, but I don't really know what's the best way to handle the money side of it.  Invoicing shouldn't be too hard with the PayPal Excel plug in, but I'm not sure what's the best way to get everything set up there.  I also know some states, particularly California, it can be tricky with some of the new tax reporting laws they've set up.

I think we would do well to talk to some people who've organized some group buys in the past.