Author Topic: [GB (almost) CANCELLED] BSP DYE SUB  (Read 99141 times)

Offline mattics

Re: [GB (almost) CANCELLED] BSP DYE SUB
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 16:25:26 »

I think a simple letter stating the money owed is the first, correct step. Any attempt at threatening (not suggesting that anyone here would) would likely cause him to run and if it got to a legal setting in which the money was retrieved would be a mark in his favour.

Do you really think GH will condone vigilantism?  Or threats against bodily harm? lol
What if you guys are wrong about the address?  Are you willing to take responsibility for something that happens to an innocent party?

I clearly stated a letter stating money owed is what should be done. If it goes to someone else they just ignore or say "sorry, not me". End of story.

Also in my first post on the matter I said I was not going to post any personal information. Tinlong didn't post anything either, it is freely publicly available for you to find it yourself so how have either of us condoned any sort of vigilante.

Edit: Just to clarify a few things here.
  • I did not take part in this GB so have not lost anything.
  • I obviously do not condone any sort of threatening behaviour towards the OP (as stated twice already).
  • I do think that at the very least the OP should be contacted just to "remind" him that he owes some people some money, most people do things because they know/think they can get away with them, if he feels he has been found it is likely the kick up the bum he needs to take action and pay some people back.
  • I do not want to cause any argument or have a falling out with anyone - due to this I have edited my above post to be less argumentative :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 October 2013, 16:45:57 by mattics »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #301 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 18:13:03 »
Sorry  for That!

Offline Neal

« Reply #302 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 18:16:56 »
I live >very< close by, I can be the sender of this letter if it comes to that if that were to happen.
Or if anything else requires a local, lmk.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #303 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 21:26:24 »
stuff

What are you trying to say, in essence?  Don't do anything at all?  I don't see anyone talking about sending threats or anything like that--quite the opposite.  Why are you so against people getting a resolution to this situation?  Trying to get in touch with different parties to get information is a step toward resolving this.  Posting long negative replies here and doing nothing is not going to help in any way.

because you're setting the blame the wrong way
if you want to try to contact the OP, that's fine
contacting BSP is not the right way, nor is trying to get BSP to give you $$.  Not to mention as i said b4, they'd just ignore you.

Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is like many other GBs that organizers just "disappear" from GH, if you can do chargeback with your Credit Card, you do it.  If you can chargeback through paypal, you do it.
Other than that, there's really nothing you can do except chalk it up as a learning experience and deal with people who you personally think is "safe"

The whole GB system relies on a trust between all parties.  If you're not willing to assume the risks of the GB, you're better off buying it from Venders/suppliers.  AT least that way you're guaranteed $$ back if anything goes wrong.

That being said, good luck to you guys who have your $$ stuck in this horrible situation.  Hopefully you get better luck than I did on previous GBs and Sales where people just disappear.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 October 2013, 21:28:44 by projectD »

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 10:57:18 »
Please serch to him.  :blank:

Its not small money.
Many user lost a huge of money.

Unbelivable....

I live >very< close by, I can be the sender of this letter if it comes to that if that were to happen.
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 11:31:27 »
stuff

What are you trying to say, in essence?  Don't do anything at all?  I don't see anyone talking about sending threats or anything like that--quite the opposite.  Why are you so against people getting a resolution to this situation?  Trying to get in touch with different parties to get information is a step toward resolving this.  Posting long negative replies here and doing nothing is not going to help in any way.

contacting BSP is not the right way, nor is trying to get BSP to give you $$.  Not to mention as i said b4, they'd just ignore you.

Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is like many other GBs that organizers just "disappear" from GH, if you can do chargeback with your Credit Card, you do it.  If you can chargeback through paypal, you do it.
Other than that, there's really nothing you can do except chalk it up as a learning experience and deal with people who you personally think is "safe"

The whole GB system relies on a trust between all parties.  If you're not willing to assume the risks of the GB, you're better off buying it from Venders/suppliers.  AT least that way you're guaranteed $$ back if anything goes wrong.

That being said, good luck to you guys who have your $$ stuck in this horrible situation.  Hopefully you get better luck than I did on previous GBs and Sales where people just disappear.

I'm pretty sure that interested parties are not as naive as you keep making them out to be.  It's not like all of them don't know good business practices.  Your resolution is to accept the loss and do nothing, and you were not involved into this group buy, so your money is not on the line.  The people who were involved do want some answers, and I don't see any harm in them trying to get them.  Once again, it doesn't hurt to ask.  It appears that the organizer will not be back if nothing is done.

And finally, if one person scams another person, that's a certain amount of money owed to that one person.  In this case, we're talking about a LOT of people effectively scammed out of a lot of money.  So acceptance comes with greater difficulty.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 11:48:11 »
None of you are about that life so stfu. Call your cc companies and get it sorted. Or walk the walk and stop pretending like you're going to do something.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 12:18:37 »
stuff

I'm pretty sure that interested parties are not as naive as you keep making them out to be.  It's not like all of them don't know good business practices.  Your resolution is to accept the loss and do nothing, and you were not involved into this group buy, so your money is not on the line.  The people who were involved do want some answers, and I don't see any harm in them trying to get them.  Once again, it doesn't hurt to ask.  It appears that the organizer will not be back if nothing is done.

And finally, if one person scams another person, that's a certain amount of money owed to that one person.  In this case, we're talking about a LOT of people effectively scammed out of a lot of money.  So acceptance comes with greater difficulty.

you're making it seem like this is the only time this ever happened here on GH
I assure you, this wasn't the 1st, and it won't be the last.
Also why do you think you guys that are involved in this GB had it worse than anyone else who had a GB go wrong??

I don't think this GB is any smaller than the Changdrew nonsense that happened last year (or was it 2 years), or the countless other GBs that ended up having organizers run off.  Lets be honest, unless you're gonna be able to serve him in small claims court (which i don't even know the jurisdictions in Europe for that), its just a bunch of saber rattling.  He's not gonna reply to you, BSP isn't gonna give you the $$.

Maybe you'll get lucky to get someone to walk over to his address and talk to him.  I doubt it'll accomplish anything.  What else is it?  Gonna call the cops on him?  Gonna beat him down for the $$?  I keep asking as I didn't bother looking up this guy's details:  What if the whois info is wrong?  What if its an innocent person?  What if it goes the same way as Spike Lee tweeting out an address that was allegedly george zimmerman's address, but instead ended up being an innocent elderly couple who got death threats/bomb threats to their home that they had to flee?

None of you are about that life so stfu. Call your cc companies and get it sorted. Or walk the walk and stop pretending like you're going to do something.

this basically.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 October 2013, 12:21:30 by projectD »

Offline piraterice

« Reply #308 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 06:44:45 »
Any evidence of OP's address anywhere? Mods must have his IP? Worth tracing ? Demand Letter/Law suit? Even if its not worth it individually, pool a small amount of money together? Stop him doing it again?
+1

Offline piraterice

« Reply #309 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 06:46:40 »
Bsp has no clue who we(members) are. How can they give out information someone else ordered? I'd be pissed if a company gave out information. There's nothing that can be done, chalk it up to a learning experience. Not the 1st time a GB gone bad, and won't be the last time. Ive been in some as well that's gone bad (changdrew for example)

It's not your money, it's not your ass which was on fire, so you don't give a ****.

But some of us did spent money on this GB, what do you think we should do ?
agree!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #310 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 12:08:25 »
Bsp has no clue who we(members) are. How can they give out information someone else ordered? I'd be pissed if a company gave out information. There's nothing that can be done, chalk it up to a learning experience. Not the 1st time a GB gone bad, and won't be the last time. Ive been in some as well that's gone bad (changdrew for example)

It's not your money, it's not your ass which was on fire, so you don't give a ****.

But some of us did spent money on this GB, what do you think we should do ?
agree!

Do you guys not have banks/cc companies to call? Most will fight fraud for you. But really, blame the people that had an itchy trigger finger and filed a dispute before OP fixed the problem and paypal shut his account. Dudes didn't even let him fix it.

Offline dr/owned

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 04:29:01 »
(no dog in this fight)

3 months later...this dude is either dead, in the hospital, or never coming back.

At least 2 ways to weed out wimpy GB leaders:

a)Organizer != Purchaser .  Example: I had to order a $700 transformer for a project.  I'm the one on the phone speaking to company reps making sure it aligns with specs, etc.  They send me invoice, I sent invoice to my purchaser who pays it directly to the company.

b) Organizer has to go through same rules needed to get a PO Box in the US.  2 forms of ID on file tied to a physical address, on file with an Admin.
Realforce all 55g (work keyboard)
Realforce all 45g (sold)
CM Storm Quickfire Cherry MX Green (home keyboard) w/ White Thick Dyesub PBT keycaps.

Offline dr/owned

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 04:29:56 »
Double post.
Realforce all 55g (work keyboard)
Realforce all 45g (sold)
CM Storm Quickfire Cherry MX Green (home keyboard) w/ White Thick Dyesub PBT keycaps.

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 16:12:11 »

I just wanna know how this thing is going.Would you please contact him and ask whatever this is going?

We are not blamming him. We just wanna know if he still working on this thing or not.

And do let him updata something in this topic,please.

Offline Neal

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 16:50:50 »

I just wanna know how this thing is going.Would you please contact him and ask whatever this is going?

We are not blamming him. We just wanna know if he still working on this thing or not.

What do you expect me to do?

There is a domain that is the exact same as his username, and its the same country.
That's all we have, if I were to step by. What do I ask, if he's who we think he is? He could just say no, same thing with a letter.
Sure I could go step by, but we're not even 100% sure if this guy is the same guy.

I'd like to not take initiative on this, but if the communnity would like to write a letter or of something requires a local I can do that.
I guess I could go and ask if he's kboardvintage.

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 20:27:55 »

What do you expect me to do?

There is a domain that is the exact same as his username, and its the same country.
That's all we have, if I were to step by. What do I ask, if he's who we think he is? He could just say no, same thing with a letter.
Sure I could go step by, but we're not even 100% sure if this guy is the same guy.

I'd like to not take initiative on this, but if the communnity would like to write a letter or of something requires a local I can do that.
I guess I could go and ask if he's kboardvintage.

You are right. I have nothing former to say. Let's just hope this thing won't go that bad way.

Offline zenuty

« Reply #316 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 07:45:43 »
I can directly request to BSP about refund ?

Where is my $ 350 USD...  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline mattics

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 17:48:42 »
Did you pay via PayPal, zenuty? I believe there is a time frame for refunds with PayPal of around 3 months(?) but it might be worth contacting them anyway. If possible I would try to call PayPal as you will get the best response from them, emails seem to get no where judging by others experience.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 17:59:17 »
I'm glad I haven't participated in this GB, but I feel terrible for those have. Have the admins anything to say about this?

This is pretty bogus. kboardvintage has not logged into GH since July 5th, 2013. Unless OP is dead or in a coma, there is NO EXCUSE for him to not update everyone who participated in the GB on the situation. It's almost November now and nothing has changed. OP still basically has hundreds (maybe thousands) of dollars floating around. It doesn't matter if BSP "has the money" or not -- he is still the one responsible. What a shame...

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 18:09:34 »
Did you pay via PayPal, zenuty? I believe there is a time frame for refunds with PayPal of around 3 months(?) but it might be worth contacting them anyway. If possible I would try to call PayPal as you will get the best response from them, emails seem to get no where judging by others experience.

The time frame is 45 days and it was well past that when things started to get a bit complicated. Paypal won't even look into it if it is past the 45 days.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #320 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 23:38:31 »
So did the Op rip off people ?

Offline mattics

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 01:51:49 »

The time frame is 45 days and it was well past that when things started to get a bit complicated. Paypal won't even look into it if it is past the 45 days.

That is a real shame. I had hoped that maybe because others had got their money back from the same purchase PayPal might have some common sense.

@acid I don't think kboard set out to rip anyone off, it just ended that way. I think he just didn't/couldn't handle the situation for whatever reason. And then didn't/couldn't stick around to handle the mess.

Offline zenuty

« Reply #322 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 09:09:25 »
I was paid through paypal invoice
and i was tried dispute to paypal.

But Still not found any answer.

Im very sick and headache How i can resolve this problems...
I just flow tears from my eyes... ㅠ_ㅠ

I cant speak to english as well and im live in korea
I cant call to paypal call center.

I need to help.

I hope G.B Organizer come back to here and start refund.....
But He was gone a long long time ago.

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 October 2013, 09:11:39 by zenuty »
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline nullstring

« Reply #323 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 09:52:26 »
For the record, I think BSP has the right to sell it's product however they like. They have the right to give deals to some people and selectively enforce their MOQ.
Further, I think that if BSP committed to doing this and money was already paid, they do not have the right to simply cancel the agreement to keep in good faith with another customer.

• So, BSP offered to let vantage hop on someone else's order. That's fine, they can sell their product for whatever price they choose.
  • Then Sherryton found out and called BSP out on this. That's fine, he had the right to do this. I probably would've too
  • BSP decided to cancel the agreement to keep good faith with Sherryton. This is not fine.[\li]

Offline zenuty

« Reply #324 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 19:12:46 »
I was tried dispute to paypal resolution center.

But Failed. Paypal is not accepted dispute...
I was too lated..  :-[

Non-receipt - Claim - #PP-002-615-479-806

www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline zenuty

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 13:53:52 »
I need to water gun...
I would fill pee and shot to irresponsibility man....  >:D

www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #326 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 15:42:50 »
I need to water gun...

You know you have a problem when zenuty gets mad.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #327 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 18:30:43 »
I need to water gun...

petrol + lighter would give a bigger statement

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #328 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 00:27:07 »
So its official,

this guy ran off with the money

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #329 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 00:28:45 »
I need to water gun...
I think we all do, zenuty :'(

I'm just glad I didn't join this GB when kbdvintage tried to persuade me to do so.. What he's done is just terrible. I hope it gets sorted in the end.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 November 2013, 00:36:06 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline zenuty

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 00:58:18 »
Yes How i can do it now...

im very fever and sick... 
im very regret join to this g.b
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #331 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 01:20:20 »
You're not along zenuty, I put over $500 on this GB. :(

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 01:19:44 »
same me for 4 sets :v

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #333 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 16:05:00 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 12:55:29 »
So did anybody else besides me get a set of these keys?
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:03:24 »

I got a set... from sherryton - but not the keys I paid for as a part of this GB.

Interestingly enough, kboardvintage has logged into GH in the past 24hrs - account last active: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:12:58

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:26:04 »
I don't know if it helps, but I made my bank wire transfer via SEPA to:

Mod edit: Posting personal information is NOT allowed.

So, somebody can work with that?

(yes, this is personal information, but frankly I don't care and she/he deserves it)
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 November 2013, 21:54:22 by jwaz »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 21:09:33 »
I don't know if it helps, but I made my bank wire transfer via SEPA to:

[snip]

So, somebody can work with that?

(yes, this is personal information, but frankly I don't care and she/he deserves it)

Doesn't matter if they "deserve" it. That's not cool in any context.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 01:26:49 »
He finally logged in, shot him a pm but I bet it goes nowhere.

Offline piraterice

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 07:36:31 »
He finally logged in, shot him a pm but I bet it goes nowhere.
i think we should pm him more and more till he come to update!

Offline piraterice

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 09:09:38 »

I got a set... from sherryton - but not the keys I paid for as a part of this GB.

Interestingly enough, kboardvintage has logged into GH in the past 24hrs - account last active: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:12:58
i am going to buy a BSP set from sherryton too....The money of this GB seems to be lost for me ...

Offline zenuty

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 07:10:13 »
You're not along zenuty, I put over $500 on this GB. :(

same me for 4 sets :v

Oh my god...
I cant more countinue comment ...  :'(  :'(
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline zenuty

« Reply #342 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 21:41:33 »
Hmm.......

Last Active: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:12:58
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline piraterice

« Reply #343 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 22:32:10 »
Hmm.......

The starter of this gb may be laughing behind all of us,with all our money on his hand~

Offline Neal

« Reply #344 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 22:51:32 »
Hmm.......

The starter of this gb may be laughing behind all of us,with all our money on his hand~
Please don't take assumptions and start a witch hunt, no one has all the information and can know what has happened.
Details about the GB organizer and what BSP had said/done or even Paypal are unclear.

However its definitely NOT ok for the organizer to just leave and leave people out in the blue.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 23:07:46 »
I've emailed the op numerous times with his paypal email. No reply and pmed him many times. I am sure this guy scum. No way to change my mind about it. It's been a long time and not a word.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 December 2013, 03:24:13 by sleepy916 »

Offline piraterice

« Reply #346 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 08:46:59 »
Hmm.......

Please don't take assumptions and start a witch hunt, no one has all the information and can know what has happened.
Details about the GB organizer and what BSP had said/done or even Paypal are unclear.

However its definitely NOT ok for the organizer to just leave and leave people out in the blue.
What i say was that he just logged in before,without any update for all of us~

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 15:41:49 »
Any progress?
I'm furious.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #348 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:40:40 »
Looks like nothing.

Offline synerr

« Reply #349 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 07:17:19 »
I was not part of this GB, but skimping over it I think there are valuable lessons to be learnt.

Am I correct in my conclusions that what happened was that this sherry dude ordered a bunch of keycaps from bsp and then the kboardvintage guy tried to opportunistically buy direct from bsp additional keysets by asking bsp to extend the run and provide a limited quantity at a favourable price?  Then kboardvintage collected money from users, handed over the money to BSP, then Sherry got upset and strong armed BSP to default on the keysets promised to kboardvintage?

Besides the initials in the bsp sku, does Sherry have any intellectual property rights over those specific keysets that gave him the right to block others from acquiring the same product?

Or did he simply strong arm BSP to kill kboardvintage's gb wth the muscle of a 400 keyset purchase order + possibility of future business?

What happened to the money kboardvintage had collected?  BSP do not owe anyone other than kboardvintage any explanation as far as I can see.  And no one other than kboardvintage owes any of those hurt by the failed GB any explanation.

What however I find most disturbing in interest groups such as gh however is how some players are held in veneration as righteous and the go to people even when their actions speak otherwise.  In this case there have been comments where keyboard enthusiasts have not only lost money on this gb and defended the person who ultimately knifed the gb and put their money in jeopardy but went scurrying back to that user handing over more money for the same keysets.

As the saying goes "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Press any key to continue, any other key to quit.