Author Topic: Twerk team presents: Big Filco giveaway! [CLOSED]  (Read 85745 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: Twerk team presents: Big Filco giveaway!
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 19:38:57 »
star wars tattoo beats helmet

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 19:39:17 »
im am sooooo ready for that beautiful red board

Hey don't forget the guy in the stormtrooper helmet  ;)

Or the only guy to actually twerk in addition to posting a pic and doing the twist.

But good luck to everyone and may the worst (and by worst I mean most horrible, yet amusing) person win.

star wars tattoo beats helmet

Show Image

Twerk beats Ewok  (why did I just post that again?)
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 June 2013, 19:41:23 by nubbinator »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 19:40:08 »

Or the only guy to actually twerk in addition to posting a pic and doing the twist.

But good luck to everyone and may the worst (and by worst I mean most horrible, yet amusing) person win.

hey........ im not the most horrible

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 19:49:52 »

In all seriousness, I love your tattoo and good luck with the contest.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 20:29:50 »
I'll always remember Moose's comment on my video...

"You browse the internet in a suit? My man!" Or something in that region. <3
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 20:30:41 »
That guy with those keychains and other accessories was pretty cool too.

Always be prepared!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #356 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 20:30:57 »

No, you're not.   In fact, you're quite awesome.  I actually meant it not as horrible as in a horrible person, but more of a "that was so horrible and awful that it's amazing" type thing. 

Offline lyrill

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 21:37:15 »
you are just making me look bad aren't you?

Nope. He's just making truthful observations.  It's Glissant's giveaway, he can run it however he wants and complaining about the post requirement does come off as entitled.  When I run contests for /r/buildapc and people complain about the rules, it makes me not want to run contests in the future.  When people say I'm sad I don't qualify, hopefully I do in the future, congratulate the winner, and say thanks for the contest, it makes me more likely to do contests in the future that they may qualify for.

That's why when there have been other awesome giveaways that I didn't qualify for because of my posts, I just said thanks for the awesome giveaway, congratulated the future winner, and moved on.  Doing that is far more endearing that complaining about the limit. 

to me it's a debate over what is more mature: actually being able to say what you really think, or just trying to please everyone and be "nice" whenever possible.

and I think it sounds like I am the only person here that is not that obsessed with making cheesy posts in order to maybe please whoever gives freebies to win. You did not go as far as to say that there is an obligation to please whoever gives out free stuff, but I get how people will be annoyed when the person giving out free stuff looks at the takers as cold blooded takers. Well I apologize if I come off as that. I am not. Clear cut doesn't exist. That's not me. I am not even metacommenting on what I said.

Maybe I am just the douchebag that makes people feel bad. But oh wow, big deal that I don't know my manners. What exactly is manners worth? What exactly is speaking sincerely worth these days?
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 June 2013, 21:42:17 by lyrill »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 22:02:44 »
What exactly is manners worth? What exactly is speaking sincerely worth these days?

In this thread? Maybe a Filco keyboard.

There are no requirements for when manners are necessary, my friend. I hope you have a good day.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 04:14:47 by VesperSAINT »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 22:03:28 »
Please martyr more...you're so brave...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 June 2013, 22:15:08 by VesperSAINT »

Offline lyrill

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 22:14:21 »
Please martyr more...you're so brave...

LOL

Offline lyrill

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 22:15:23 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oL7PSlUuWPs#t=16s

actually the only good part in that movie. thanks to no character driven whatsoever, not a good movie unless you rename it Joker, the last show before its actor dies.

the reason why the last 2 movies were given great reviews, is because most of the reviewers were given tickets to watch in cinema, and they ended strong. I don't particularly think Batman Begins ended strong, but its core content are way more character driven than the sequals. yeah you got all the joker presence and mindless violence and the grand scheme that looked cool in 2 sequals, but it already got old when the third one started
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 June 2013, 22:20:20 by lyrill »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #363 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 03:30:36 »
Oh how lovely. You're still here.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 04:02:24 »
It is tomorrow, who won?  I need to know who to send congratulations to.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 04:07:18 »
im pretty sure lyrill won

Offline Glissant

« Reply #366 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 04:13:30 »

Drawing will be tonight ;).

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #367 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 04:18:37 »
I win! Ill take the white thing! :p

<3

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #368 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 05:59:49 »
Show Image

Don't know if you've seen it before. :D Makes me howl everytime.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #369 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 07:13:39 »
Show Image

Drawing will be tonight ;) .

Because it'll take you all day to go through all the awesomeness in this thread.... ;D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #370 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 07:21:26 »

enough said

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 09:46:05 »
Show Image

It already IS tonight. Somewhere. ;D

BTW, lyrill, go poop on someone else's thread. This is your one and only warning by me. One more negative comment toward Glissant, BunnyLake or really anyone in this thread will get you blacklisted by me. That means no group buys, sales, or giveaways that I host. And it may sound like conceit, but I think I organize or help organize some pretty cool **** on this forum. That is all.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 09:48:44 »
Show Image

BTW, lyrill, go poop on someone else's thread. This is your one and only warning by me. One more negative comment toward Glissant, BunnyLake or really anyone in this thread will get you blacklisted by me. That means no group buys, sales, or giveaways that I host. And it may sound like conceit, but I think I organize or help organize some pretty cool **** on this forum. That is all.

TESTIFY!!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 10:39:43 »
That made me chuckle, foxer :D.

And to the rest of you impatient silly people; watch it or I'll just do it night time EST instead =p.
I'm home from work now, so I'll start looking through the entries and see who wins what. I have some D20s here I need to use, so who knows what will happen.

Fingers crossed that someone will win. It would suck if nobody won anything ;).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #374 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 10:42:17 »
Glissbro you're playing DnD?? What a baller. Let me know when you decide so I can make a decision as well. Still got that numpad to give away ^__^

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 11:00:16 »
Can I win the D20's? :))

j/k
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 12:50:33 »
I miss playing DnD, though DMs usually hate me. Something about actually playing a chaotic neutral properly makes them annoyed...like when you decide to go looking for magic mushrooms on a stroll through the forest.  I mean, that seems totally normal to me.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 12:53:25 »
Show Image

woah, so if I eat that up and take my dignity away with your comment basically saying: I was pooping, I was being negative, I deserved to be blacklisted, I don't deserve to be spoken to more than once--all these and you call it" that is all"???

and why do you even have to be so vicious and cliche and make it so that after I already said how unfriendly people are, how rude they are to newcomers, you still insist on acting just like that, if not more?? And all these warning stuff?? What is this a prison that I have to earn my respect ? A corporation that I have to climb ladder on? THIs is the internet, and you are just bullying, the internet is not supposed to be like this, and your moral just slipped down Nth mile from where it should be.

You think I am ignorant of the fact that this is not the approriate place or thread to argue about irrelevant things? Well I didn't start all these, I was merely questioning the rules, and people start to jump at me as if I am some kind of virus

Mod edit: user was warned for this post
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:45:19 by hashbaz »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:13:45 »
woah, so if I eat that up and take my dignity away with your comment basically saying: I was pooping, I was being negative, I deserved to be blacklisted, I don't deserve to be spoken to more than once--all these and you call it" that is all"???

and why do you even have to be so vicious and cliche and make it so that after I already said how unfriendly people are, how rude they are to newcomers, you still insist on acting just like that, if not more?? And all these warning stuff?? What is this a prison that I have to earn my respect ? A corporation that I have to climb ladder on? THIs is the internet, and you are just bullying, the internet is not supposed to be like this, and your moral just slipped down Nth mile from where it should be.

I think my reactions can best be summed up in gif form:

Offline lyrill

« Reply #379 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:17:03 »

Show Image

of course you don't, you are like the Justin Bieber of IgnorantLand

and I have seen tons of appear-to-be trolls as a spectator, never once did I partake in the gang bullying pathetic act, but yes every time there is no shortage of participants--why the heck no when some people are too timid to be a man and bully in real life right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:19:10 by lyrill »

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #380 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:20:05 »

Show Image

Now why would you stoop that low to the point of bringing up Beiber in a keyboard thread.

OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #381 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:23:09 »

and I have seen tons of appear-to-be trolls as a spectator, never once did I partake in the gang bullying pathetic act, but yes every time there is no shortage of participants--why the heck no when some people are too timid to be a man and bully in real life right?

please take this to PM's and stop threadcrapping.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #382 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:25:48 »
Nah, keep posting. I want to hear more about the bullying and corporation stuff.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:26:25 »

please take this to PM's and stop threadcrapping.

I asked nothing of trolling comments towards me, I did not target my comments towards anyone, THEY targeted me intentionally for fun, and you ask me to take this to elsewhere? I am the one crapping threads?

this does not get any more personal, I have always not sit up with bullying, and it's not like I live just to shout back at people trolling me, but if they ever do, I am not gonna just get slapped.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:28:15 by lyrill »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #384 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:32:53 »
Show Image

You think I am ignorant of the fact that this is not the approriate place or thread to argue about irrelevant things? Well I didn't start all these, I was merely questioning the rules, and people start to jump at me as if I am some kind of virus

ok so enough is enough

this guy is clearly a complete ****

you are arguing with the most welcoming and giving people i have ever met on the internet

if you feel unwelcomed by these people, the problem isnt with them, its with you, your attitude and your terrible personality
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:21:15 by BunnyLake »

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #385 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:42:36 »
I came for the twerking but stayed for the troll
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:45:58 »
lyrill has been warned for trolling.  If he continues to derail this thread he'll be muted.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:46:36 »
lyrill has been warned for trolling.  If he continues to derail this thread he'll be muted.

good guy hashbaz saves the day

Offline tgujay

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:50:09 »
Will I be able to enter this when I get home from work?  Around 6PM EST?
Gotta collect them all

Offline lyrill

« Reply #389 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:56:03 »
don't say I didn't try to protect my integrity,

the end

now let's all be friends, this sounds like a great community, people seem to give stuff for free, there is all this group buys, don't know much about them but the 8$ keycap seems like a deal.

how's that for moderated posting?

and I think I finally realize the simple truth that nobody ever tells me: I just don't get along with people only because I refuse to mingle with them, something that most people consider an obligation of starting normal friendship. I don't because I am not attracted to that kind of relationship. Thus I am neither not trying to be nice, nor failing to get along. I wasn't trying to be nice, I wasn't trying to convince people that I can get along with anyone, I am merely defending my rights as a human being to voice a difference because the world lacks character to a point where any sight of difference is shut down by false labeling such as "trolling"

I don't care if you find similarity to other people that you meet that are intentionally being bad personality or bad entertainment or whathaveyou, I am not a product of any negativity that exist in the world.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:13:10 by lyrill »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:10:41 »
Someone give this man a medal: "Bravest newcomer to Geekhack". He's singlehandedly trying to take down the corporate interests and *******s who are trying to give something away for free. What a hero. I bet I know who I want to give my keypad to now. -_-

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #391 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:11:39 »

the end

now let's all be friends, this sounds like a great community, people seem to give stuff for free, there is all this group buys, don't know much about them but the 8$ keycap seems like a deal.

and I think I finally realize the simple truth that nobody ever tells me: I just don't get along with people only because I refuse to mingle with them, something that most people consider an obligation of starting normal friendship. I don't because I am not attracted to that kind of relationship. Thus I am neither not trying to be nice, nor failing to get along. I wasn't trying to be nice, I wasn't trying to convince people that I can get along with anyone, I am merely defending my rights as a human being to voice a difference because the world lacks character to a point where any sight of difference is shut down by false labeling such as "trolling"

Imaged removed by Boost for violation of VTOS
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:28:19 by boost »

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:15:08 »

the end

I like the effort you put into this, hi5 :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:28:28 by boost »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:16:35 »

the end

i was gonna write lyrill on the end but ran out of desk space, i knew i shoulda done it on the floor
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:28:37 by boost »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:17:47 »
Someone give this man a medal: "Bravest newcomer to Geekhack". He's singlehandedly trying to take down the corporate interests and *******s who are trying to give something away for free. What a hero. I bet I know who I want to give my keypad to now. -_-

I hate all you people with your fancy keyboards!

Send it to me bro!

More

the end

Bunny are these real time? Or do you have them made up to use when the situation dictates?  8)

the end

i was gonna write lyrill on the end but ran out of desk space, i knew i shoulda done it on the floor

nevermind :P

« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:29:29 by boost »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:18:54 »

I hate all you people with your fancy keyboards!

Send it to me bro!

More

the end

Bunny are these real time? Or do you have them made up to use when the situation dictates?  8)

the keys were real time, the snow google helped me
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:29:41 by boost »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:28:00 »
sorry for all the drama guys, no more from me, i couldnt help myself, in my defense im always nice to everybody

i shall leave my contribution with this

Offline lyrill

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:28:39 »

I never said a thing about corporate,   I never had anything against anything related to this giveaway. It's those people--- that make me appreciate the fact that there is giveaway and make me shut up when I question the rules because I felt left out from a great opportunity unfortunately due to the random fact that I just joined and had less than 100 post--that I am not ok with.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:29:08 »
Ahh it's lyrill, he had been raging ever since his arrival in Geekhack, and I happened to witness one of his first: he's posting how he hates green switches, someone then offered a trade with him. Feeling a strong urge to protect his own dignity as a buyer and his respect to the product, he gave the following speech:

first off, it's rare and there is a reason i don't sell any of my stuff. i buy them for a reason and even if i don't like them as much as I wanted to, I am sure as an individual that respect the product being made I am not ignorant and arrogant enough like many other uneducated folks out there and simply go as far as to express their personal approval or disapproval to certain keyboards or claim they will never use this or they will never like that. now it sounds like you assume I did that, but I didn't.

I have not used it much, but through posting about it I feel the obligation to use it more. Yes it is kind of hyped, but it is an alternative that is rarely available when you want it. When we talk about different switches we go online and see what people have to say about it, or we try ourselves. How many people actually have their original uncontaminated opinions about key switches? Even if they have actually owned it to whatever degree, it doesn't mean they really have individual experience off of it. They may or may not approach certain keyboards with pre-assumptions, and therefore their user experiences may change.

In my case, I was pretty stoked about green switches, but as a calm person I did not smash it or post a sale right after my medicore/terrible first impression.

How much are you willing to pay for it though? I understand as a buyer nobody wants to pay for open box item at full price. But as someone who is not interested in selling, that's what I would want if someone wants it badly. See, the item is worth more for me than for others? Then I don't want to sell it. I already paid what was worth for me, and there is no reason to lose the difference and go through all the process of buying and selling, without gaining anything but I don't like Greens. That's just sad, some people may say it's better than keeping it without using it, but I am not broke yet and it's obvious that people who own multiple mech keyboards shouldn't need to sell keyboards unless they really want something else and can't get the cash around to do so.

TLDR: i don't sell stuff i bought. if you want it, consider yourself lucky I don't ask a higher price than MSRP.

Well now and then there would be these kind of people, world is big so -------------------------------- Don't really care about them much :S
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:29:51 »
Glad everything is getting back to the status quo!  I love everyone involved in this giveaway.  Would have loved people without the post count to post regardless of the eligibility to win.  This thread has just been too much fun :)
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."