Author Topic: Thoughts on Sennheiser PC 363D  (Read 2869 times)

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
Thoughts on Sennheiser PC 363D
« on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:15:56 »
Since I've noticed the members here have very discerning opinions about most gear, I was wondering what you guy thought about these before I drop 3 bills on them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008O515CK/ref=s9_wish_gw_d9_g147_ir02?ie=UTF8&colid=1OIP6MR9FUQXU&coliid=IRDKM4O7PLTO8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=03ZVSK14KEP2G803CHRS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Since my turtle beaches are hurting me after a few hours of use, I need something comfortable.
Ducky DK9008 Shine II Blue LED Backlit (Red Cherry MX)
Leopold Linear Touch FC500RR/AB (Red Cherry MX)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Thoughts on Sennheiser PC 363D
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:19:51 »
I think that headsets are a waste of money - they're basically a crappy microphone and mediocre headphones for a premium price. I also think that any headphones labelled as 'surround sound gaming' are a gimmick.

You'd be better off buying some decent headphones, a decent amp and a decent microphone. I don't know much about current sound equipment but I'm sure someone can help you out.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:27:29 »
I think that headsets are a waste of money - they're basically a crappy microphone and mediocre headphones for a premium price. I also think that any headphones labelled as 'surround sound gaming' are a gimmick.

PC360 were pretty close to HD555 in terms of sound, and Sennheiser make very good microphones. However, AD700 + ModMic is probably better combo for its price.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:41:42 »
They are probably nice, but you are also paying a premium for a product that does its own audio-processing, has a mic and a headphone all in one.

For the price of this headset, you could also get a separate mic, headphone and soundcard and achieve better results. I like going that route simply because of the number of options available (as opposed to headsets, where the options are more limited in both variety and quality of the audio), and because the sound card and mic will last you a long time, making it the better investment in the long run.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:48:16 »
What are some good options for the headsets and mics?
Ducky DK9008 Shine II Blue LED Backlit (Red Cherry MX)
Leopold Linear Touch FC500RR/AB (Red Cherry MX)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:55:09 »
What are some good options for the headsets and mics?
I just bought the AD900 and Antlion Modmic. You can't beat it (for the price).
P.S. Check out some of the Blue yeti vs Antlion Modmic videos on youtube. Good stuff.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:57:42 »
Depends what you need... ATH-AD700 are very nice (comfortable, very good sound stage, neutral sound), often recommended for gaming.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 14:02:33 »
Depends what you need... ATH-AD700 are very nice (comfortable, very good sound stage, neutral sound), often recommended for gaming.
Very true. In fact, get AD700s and save yourself $50. You could get a fancy sound card, AD700s, and a Modmic for about $200. Ballin  :cool:
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 14:28:21 »
Very true. In fact, get AD700s and save yourself $50. You could get a fancy sound card, AD700s, and a Modmic for about $200. Ballin  :cool:

I agree with this. Though it should be noted that when it comes to the higher price segment in headphones, that individual preference, and the type of sound /music you will listen to plays a large role too. This is the reason why popular mainstream headphones are heavy on the bass (which is bad for a lot of people, but good for the intended audience). Other things to think about is whether you want an open or closed model. This again depends on intended use and preference. I much prefer (generally) open ear headphones at home, but obviously not when I get into situations when I could bother people around me. A closed ear headphone would be a better option if you are going to use it outside rather than just behind the computer.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0