Author Topic: Is my quickfire pro dead?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline mariusmssj

Is my quickfire pro dead?
« on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 05:14:31 »
hey guys,

Came to work today booted my PC and realised that I can't type in the password. The keyboard keys did light up and everything but it would not recognise my key presses. So I changed the usb port and nothing so Tbasically I tried every usb port on the pc but nothing. tested the keyboard on another 2 machines it lights up but no key output at all.

Anything else I can do before calling the retailer?

Thanks
CM Storm QuickFire Pro [MX RED]

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Re: Is my quickfire pro dead?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 10:10:09 »
Try another cable.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 10:17:31 »
Does the QFP have a detachable cable? I know the QFR does, but I'm not sure about the pro

Offline mariusmssj

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 08:07:05 »
Hey guys got an update. So brought the keyboard back home as I got the exact same one on my home machine and the one from work still wouldn't work. So I tested it on a different machine on USB3.0 port and the windows poped up with installing drivers and now the keyboard work fine again.

Seems like it was a software issue in the keyboard
CM Storm QuickFire Pro [MX RED]

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 09:19:22 »
Does the QFP have a detachable cable?
yes.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 11:21:50 »
Another reason to go with native PS2 I guess :S
Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II