Author Topic: Need help with identifying switches  (Read 868 times)

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
Need help with identifying switches
« on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 05:33:40 »
Hello Geekhackers,

I've found a seller on our local auction site, who claims that this keyboard is mechanical and clicky. Does anyone have a clue what switches it might have? (I feel tempted to buy it just to check it, but price is too high for such test).

These images are the only available in his auction. Can you help me with identification?:)

Thanks,
DamnDan

Offline Masterchief79

Re: Need help with identifying switches
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 06:33:32 »
Could be something from Mitsumi, I have one here which looks kind of similar. I don't know about clicky Mitsumis though (the mechanism works that way: under the keycap, there is a spring. Thats it. xD)
Let's just wait for the gurus ;)
Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 02:09:48 »
Could be something from Mitsumi, I have one here which looks kind of similar. I don't know about clicky Mitsumis though (the mechanism works that way: under the keycap, there is a spring. Thats it. xD)
Let's just wait for the gurus ;)

So i can see that mitsumi has similar design as the C64 switches then (in terms of under keycap spring)?:P From deskthority wiki I read that Mitsumi are either cherry stem compatible or not compatible with any other switch stem. Do you have any Mitsumi switch pictures? I have trouble locating them on the web.

Thanks for the response :)

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:59:37 »
There are at least two kinds of Mitsumi switches, I have one kind at home, I will take some pictures. The keyboard I have isn't really similar to yours (different font, keycaps etc.)

Here's a picture of the first kind of Mitsumi switch, the rather tactile one:
http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/eingabegeraete-und-peripherie/5089-zeigt-her-eure-eingabegeraete-127.html#post5133383
Post is in German but I think the pictures speak for themselves.

These are like reverse rubberdomes to create the tactile feel above mechanical switches (I guess^^).

Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II