Author Topic: First post: Vintage Expo Keyboard?  (Read 3691 times)

Offline benchworth

First post: Vintage Expo Keyboard?
« on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 22:08:34 »
Hey Geekhack! I've lurked here for a bit while I get into the keyboard community. I want to thank all of you that take the time to post and educate users, even those of us who never said thank you previously.

I wanted to post about this vintage keyboard I found and I'm typing on right now. Searching has yielded nothing, so I'm not sure what I have on my hands here. Any information would be great! It had an AT connection and I've used an AT to PS/2 cable to get it working on my system. It works great and has a very satisfying typing experience.  It also had double shot keys. :D

Any idea what kind of keyboard I've got? Also, any idea what this type of keyboard might be worth, if anything? I've thought about selling it to try out different types of switches... also because the girlfriend complains it's a little loud.  :))

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: First post: Vintage Expo Keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 22:20:56 »
Looks like a Futaba switch.

Offline benchworth

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 22:25:36 »
Looks like a Futaba switch.

I'd say that's it! The description matches exactly. So it's a Futaba with a MX Cherry mount. Thank you very much for that information.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 01:05:26 »
looks more like an SMK to me
http://deskthority.net/wiki/SMK_Cherry_MX_mount

Note the two mounting tabs on the sides and how they differ from the futaba (on the corners).

Nice doubleshot keycaps, though.