Author Topic: Help picking my first mechanical keyboard?  (Read 902 times)

Offline 222lu222

Help picking my first mechanical keyboard?
« on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 13:07:41 »
Hey guys i was looking to buying a mechanical keyboard, i have heard very good things about them and how they improve your overall experience, so i was looking to ask the community which keyboard are the best for the money. The only thing is i need it to have cherry mx blues, I also want LED's  any color should do fine. other than that i am looking for quality. I want it to be not so expensive but am looking to spend up to 150$ only more if it is VERY worth it. The one i am looking at at the moment is the Ducky Shine 3 (it is not out yet) but i could wait. The corsair ones look really nice but only have mx reds.  I have also bren recomended filco but i dont know which ones have mx blues and backlighting, if
You want please leave a link for USA. Thanks for your help, i appreciate it!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Help picking my first mechanical keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 18:54:46 »
You can't really go wrong with Ducky, although the Shine 3 is not out yet and hence no-one has reviewed one yet.

But if they are as good as the Shine 1 and 2, they will be very well received.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ