Author Topic: KeyCon 2013  (Read 87865 times)

Offline jcrouse

Re: KeyCon 2013
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 11:02:25 »
I am selling some vintage video game stuff, mostly Nintendo Virtualboy stuff. I have:
NIB console
a couple of used consoles
many games

I also have a GCE Vectrex. It is in great shape, with working controller. It also has two additional brand new controllers made from Sega Genesis pads. I will sell cheap. I just don't want to ship it for fear of damage.

John

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #351 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 12:20:07 »
I am selling some vintage video game stuff, mostly Nintendo Virtualboy stuff. I have:
NIB console
a couple of used consoles
many games

I also have a GCE Vectrex. It is in great shape, with working controller. It also has two additional brand new controllers made from Sega Genesis pads. I will sell cheap. I just don't want to ship it for fear of damage.

John

Oh, now that sounds tantalizing!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #352 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 12:59:26 »
Oh mani wish I could go to this thing, but my buddy's getting married on the 17th in LA :(

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #353 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 13:13:29 »
Got a couple WYSE terminal boards I will be bringing that I am auctioning right now.  Will be accepting bids at Keycon.  Post in Classifieds section.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #354 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 17:14:25 »
Not titalizing, just tantalizing?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 17:38:17 »
Not titalizing, just tantalizing?

Every kind of izing good sir!

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 00:37:29 »
**** why did I imagine the date was the 24th not the 17th >_< I just came here to doublecheck and this sure surprised the **** outta me... ****. Might not be able to make it now :(
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 08:34:38 »
**** why did I imagine the date was the 24th not the 17th >_< I just came here to doublecheck and this sure surprised the **** outta me... ****. Might not be able to make it now :(

But what about the 25 punches I paid for?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 08:38:06 »

You can transfer those to me and I'll take care of it when I go back to the twin cities in the fall.  ;D

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 08:40:13 »
Is there a way to hide this thread?

Reading it is making me wish that I could go even more.

TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 08:43:53 »

That's just how it is around here people pay for things they never get.

#sarcasmfail

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 17:59:39 »
Can any of you going to KeyCon possibly fix this up for me within the 2-3 days that I stay?

Filco cable .
I love Elzy

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:23:46 »
Can any of you going to KeyCon possibly fix this up for me within the 2-3 days that I stay?

Show Image

Filco cable .

I can bring my iron, solder, and wire cutter/stripper but you may not want me to work on your filco.  If there is a pin in the connector I can bring my pin remover tool.  I will be bringing my PC so you can test the repair there as well.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:25:18 »

Show Image

Filco cable .

I can bring my iron, solder, and wire cutter/stripper but you may not want me to work on your filco.  If there is a pin in the connector I can bring my pin remover tool.  I will be bringing my PC so you can test the repair there as well.

Bring everything. You're not working on the Filco I'm not worried about that I'm not even bringing it, I just want this damned cable fixed so I can sell it (it's a MiMiC one and I've sent it back for repairs/attempted myself like 5000 times)
I love Elzy

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 22:18:12 »

Looks like I will be able to make it! But AFAIK, no one has paid me for the punches :) They are still available, though! Shoot me a PM ;)
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:30:08 »

Show Image

Filco cable .
i won't bring any tools because the TSA will think i'm a terrorist, but i am happy to laugh at your misfortune and take a picture of you frowning.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:35:18 »
I could show off my shop via some pictures I have and try to answer any questions about woodworking if anyone has an interest in it (I doubt there is any interest). Otherwise I just plan on showing my boards and some of the projects I'm working on.

Anyone bringing a soldering station to teach CPT how to soldapullt?

Anyone interested? I don't want to waste my time putting something together if no one is interested.

PS, saying you're not interested won't hurt my feelings
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:43:36 »
i am very interested. also, you should grow a beard and look like ron swanson. you're not allowed to not look like ron swanson.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:44:37 »
i am very interested. also, you should grow a beard and look like ron swanson. you're not allowed to not look like ron swanson.

Ok, I'll bring some stuff (case templates, the wood cases, some rests....) and do a small shop tour via pictures.

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:46:22 »
I could show off my shop via some pictures I have and try to answer any questions about woodworking if anyone has an interest in it (I doubt there is any interest). Otherwise I just plan on showing my boards and some of the projects I'm working on.

Anyone interested? I don't want to waste my time putting something together if no one is interested.

I'm interested in wood but I have limited experience and access to tools.  So I probably wouldn't know what to ask or what to expect you to talk about.  I'd be happy to hear you speak about it though and show off examples and whatnot.  I've been thinking about getting one of your wrist rests so hearing you talk about it could help with that.  :)  Also if you have examples?  I speak only for myself here though, not sure what others' interest is.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:49:06 »

I'm interested in wood but I have limited experience and access to tools.  So I probably wouldn't know what to ask or what to expect you to talk about.  I'd be happy to hear you speak about it though and show off examples and whatnot.  I've been thinking about getting one of your wrist rests so hearing you talk about it could help with that.  :)  Also if you have examples?  I speak only for myself here though, not sure what others' interest is.

I have a bag full of cutoffs from pretty much every rest I've made. I can bring that (they aren't sanded or finished, but it might give you some idea of what you'd like)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:49:18 »

Ok, I'll bring some stuff (case templates, the wood cases, some rests....) and do a small shop tour via pictures.
seriously, that would be awesome.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #372 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:50:41 »
I have a bag full of cutoffs from pretty much every rest I've made. I can bring that (they aren't sanded or finished, but it might give you some idea of what you'd like)

That would be spectacular.  Then I could see the wood and how it actually looks instead of just pictures.  :)  If it's too much to bring with then it's your call but I'd like to see it all.   :D

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:53:20 »
I'm interested in hearing about woodworking....some of those woodworking videos are soooo satisfying to watch...like this one:

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #374 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:54:42 »
I'm interested in hearing about woodworking....some of those woodworking videos are soooo satisfying to watch...like this one:

demik showed that to me a couple days ago, it was amazing! I wish I was that good

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #375 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 00:06:11 »

Show Image

Filco cable .

you'll need the crimpable wirehousing to fix that.. :/
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2013, 00:20:32 by mistakemistake »

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 00:09:07 »
that jigsaw work. oh my god. OH MY GOD

amazing.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 09:45:03 »
We are trying to finalize some number for lunch and dinner....if you are attending, please complete the KEYCON POLL

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 09:58:23 »
Poll completed.  This is getting close!

Also, what ever happened to good ole pepperoni pizza?  Chicago is crazy.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 09:59:59 »
Beast, bring your swag. I'm very interested.

Speaking of which, does anyone want me to put something together about machining/plastic molding/3D printing? If not, we can just talk shop when you see me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2013, 10:09:07 by CPTBadAss »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 10:06:12 »
Beast, bring your swag. I'm very interested.

Speaking of which, does anyone want me to put something together about machining/plastic molding/3D molding? If not, we can just talk shop when you see me.

Honestly, I'm interested in learning about anything.  Talk to me about your area of expertise and I will listen.  I love hearing about stuff like that.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 10:07:25 »
Come find me at Keycon. I'll have some 3D printed goodies (to show, not for sale :P) and The_Beast and I can talk about the case we designed. Or if you just have any questions, come find me. PMs work here as well. ^__^
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2013, 10:11:25 by CPTBadAss »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 10:11:35 »
Come find me at Keycon. I'll have some 3D printed goodies and The_Beast and I can talk about the case we designed. Or if you just have any questions, come find me. PMs work here as well. ^__^

Will do.  :D  KeyCon is gonna be soo busy...

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 10:17:20 »
Also - Registration will close on Thursday (via PM to me)

At that point I will assign everyone a Raffle number via PM.

There will be prizes (TechKeys and hopefully other vendors) to be raffled at KeyCon.

THE ONLY WAY TO GET A RAFFLE NUMBER IS TO HAVE A GREEN CONFIRMED NEXT TO YOUR NAME IN THE OP

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 10:26:32 »
i3oilermaker, would it be possible for me to add some raffle prizes as well? I've got a wood wrist rest from iomania and 62g springs to giveaway. And I might add some other things

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #385 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 10:35:54 »
btw I'll be there.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 11:23:02 »
Also - Registration will close on Thursday (via PM to me)

At that point I will assign everyone a Raffle number via PM.

There will be prizes (TechKeys and hopefully other vendors) to be raffled at KeyCon.

THE ONLY WAY TO GET A RAFFLE NUMBER IS TO HAVE A GREEN CONFIRMED NEXT TO YOUR NAME IN THE OP
note that you are still encouraged to come if you don't PM boilermaker in time, but you may have to find your own lunch and you won't be entered in the raffle.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #387 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 11:24:50 »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 13:46:50 »
So plane tickets are a lot cheaper than I thought, but I still have to figure out what to do with my dogs...

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #389 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 14:09:19 »
No straight up pepperoni pizza? :(
I love Elzy

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 14:20:33 »
Mashby - want to add a Pepperoni option?

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 15:34:16 »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #392 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 16:17:34 »
Form completed.  Though the wife and I may find our own lunch.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 16:21:38 »
Form completed.  Though the wife and I may find our own lunch.

This is a team activity!  You will eat with us and you will like it!

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 16:46:04 »
I hope they have big tables. May need to rent a trailer though, to get there ...

31562-0

Can't forget the clacks ...

31564-1

This is gonna be fun.

John

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 16:54:02 »
I hope they have big tables. May need to rent a trailer though, to get there ...

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

This is gonna be fun.

John

Oh wow..........   :eek:       :cool:

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 16:58:42 »

(Attachment Link)

If those are all clacks, you may only be second to kisakuku...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #397 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 16:58:53 »

(Attachment Link)

This is gonna be fun.

John

nice collection ya got there ;)

again, sad i can't make it

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 17:26:43 »
Wow only bringing 1/10 of your collection jcrouse? soft.
I love Elzy

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 18:02:15 »
Mashby - want to add a Pepperoni option?

Added it to the form.

The Agenda
KeyCon 2013 is basically an "un-conference", which simply means that it's a participant-driven meeting. There is a loose outline, but the intent is provide plenty of time to nerd out on what interests you most, not have a pre-determined series of presentations. Below is the current draft of the working agenda.

11:00 - 11:15 | General Welcome
11:15 - 11:45 | Introductions
   - Say your name
   - Talk about what you brought, what you're selling, etc.
12:00 - 01:00 | Lunch from Giordano's
   - Courtesy of...
01:00 - ??:?? | Show & Tell
   - Go around the room and ask if anyone has anything they'd like to share
   - Stand up and talk about a project, or something of interest
   - When that peters out, then just break up and let people mill about the room and have fun
03:30 - 04:00 | Wrap Up
04:30 - 07:00 | "After Party" at Three Aces

About Lunch - Giordano's Pizza
Since the conference starts just before the lunch hour, it made the most sense to have lunch brought in. This way we get to maximize the time together and not have to leave and come back. Given that we're in Chicago, having local legend Giordano's pizza nearby made the decision to have them bring it in a no brainer. Giordano’s has been acclaimed “Chicago’s Best Pizza” by NBC, CBS Chicago, New York Times, Chicago Magazine, Chicago Tribune, etc. I would encourage you to browse their menu.

The Cost
Ideally, a sponsor will provide lunch and soda with zero out-of-pocket expense for attendees. The estimated cost is approximately $300 and we're and I'm waiting to hear back from a few leads on this.

A large pizza costs approximately $30 a pie and my estimate is that one pie can feed 4 people. I mention this because although I added plain Pepperoni as an option in the form, we won't make a final determination on what pizzas will be available until we run the final numbers. LOL! I guess what I'm saying is that there is a MOQ of 4.  :p

In the event we can't find a sponsor for the lunch, then we can always opt to brown bag it, or simply charge a flat $10 to cover the costs and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

About The "After Party"
We have to be out of the room at 4pm so we are planning on having an "after party" at Three Aces, which is located at 1321 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL (GoogleMap). i3oilermaker has made us a reservation and it's an easy walk from UIC. However, you'll have time if you want to put stuff in your car, take a break, whatever.

Current Numbers
Based on the responses thus far, we have 15 responses. 18 people are attending the conference and approximately 16 attending the after party. Form has only been up for less than 12 hours, but if you haven't filled it out yet, please do.