Author Topic: Lbeuol-Scammer  (Read 17363 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Lbeuol-Scammer
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 10:49:46 »
Well they have not won the dispute yet, but it's paypal so I am just going to assume they will. The money is already out of my account while they 'investigate'. Yes, they waited until after they had received the keycaps to file it.

Offline limmy

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:06:34 »
Does anyone have experience with paypal dispute when you were on seller side? How long does it take and what is the decision process like?

Is he doing this on purpose? It seems like it according to Ivan's remark.

Ivan, when did you receive the dispute notification? I got mine on 6/24/2013. Same here on the amount taken out of my account. The disputed amount was taken out on the date and they are not coming back yet.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:13:33 »
My experience as a seller is, getting totally ****ed over by PayPal, lost £300+ selling an iphone through eBay.

Then as a Buyer I have been ****ed over for £100 when buying a VPS which I was never given; but because the company I bought from was financed by a bigger company, screw the little-man, I don't know weather they don't like me or something. Its mental!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:19:13 »
Hrm, well, I'm out of excuses for that behavior :(  If it's on-going like that after June 24th or so.  Could you not contact PayPal and talk to them, mentioning to look into the recent history of the person's account and all the disputes they've been opening with completely different people?
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:22:36 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:41:53 »
Sorry to hear about what happened, it is always crappy reading about these kinds of goings on.
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 13:19:51 »
Hrm, well, I'm out of excuses for that behavior :(  If it's on-going like that after June 24th or so.  Could you not contact PayPal and talk to them, mentioning to look into the recent history of the person's account and all the disputes they've been opening with completely different people?

Any delays at the moment are due to paypal communicating with the actual credit card company as this was instigated there and not through paypal.  The ones that went through paypal were done in less than 48 hours.

Offline cix

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:16:56 »
I'm gonna jump on the scam wagon, he just filed a dispute with me, sent the reply to Paypal, gonna hang back and get the lube ready....

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:25:00 »
This sucks.

I'm not familiar with this kind of major problem with Paypal.

It seems scary. What's to stop anyone from disputing every single transaction after they have received their goods.

Couldn't anyone do this?

I tried disputing once. It ended up not falling in my favor. The seller got me then disappeared.

Its an interesting story. It kind of reminds me of someone else on this forum.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:40:33 by Latin00032 »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:29:34 »
What's to stop anyone from disputing every single transaction after they have received their goods.

Couldn't anyone do this?

Don't you see that that's exactly what's going on here? I suppose anyone could, but we operate on the basis of a given respect and trust. Some people just destroy that.

Offline cix

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:30:29 »
I just noticed that Lbeuol is also trying to participate in the DSA DOLCH REPLICA group buy and has monies due.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:33:12 »
I would think at some level either the credit card company and/or PayPal would realize what is going on.

However what if someone stole an identity or credit card etc then bought a bunch of stuff from people on a forum then the 'real' person found out and started doing chargebacks....

I just noticed that Lbeuol is also trying to participate in the DSA DOLCH REPLICA group buy and has monies due.

I sent DrugER a pm.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:39:54 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:42:09 »
I would think at some level either the credit card company and/or PayPal would realize what is going on.

However what if someone stole an identity or credit card etc then bought a bunch of stuff from people on a forum then the 'real' person found out and started doing chargebacks....

I sent DrugER a pm.

Is there a GH black list?

Then again, what's to stop him from creating a new Paypal name?

Offline cix

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 12:43:05 »
I was gonna post in his group buy forum but you sir have more grace then me.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 14:49:54 »
That's why we need blacklist with ALL the info, usernames, emails, real names, mailing addresses, etc. that are known to be associated... and if they get slammed from having their info in the open, well that is karma.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 15:20:26 »
I understand what you're saying, Ray. But I have a strong suspicion that if someone stole a persons identity and CC#s, that they wouldn't sign into a forum and buy things for months, but would try to get things in a quicker manner...

Offline cix

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 15:44:45 »
I understand what you're saying, Ray. But I have a strong suspicion that if someone stole a persons identity and CC#s, that they wouldn't sign into a forum and buy things for months, but would try to get things in a quicker manner...

Yea, sounds pre-meditated to me, sounds like we're putting him on trial.   Identity thiefs that are successful usually charge a high amount real quick then disappear.  Happened to two of my buddies.  Their only saving grace was the CC's had smart monitoring i.e.  anything that looked like abnormal spending  sent a red flag.  The charges wouldn't  clear until the individual called in to verify.  Theif would have gotten away with a lot more but that put a stop to it.  It took my buddies a while to reverse the carnage.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 17:16:13 »
Is it worth, or even possible, to alert PayPal to the number of these claims he is making - so they can see he is just scamming everyone?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DrugER

• * Vendor
  • JACKASS@KBDmania
    • JACKASS76@WORDPRESS.COM
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 22:40:12 »

I sent DrugER a pm.

he didn't pay yet.
if he do not pay till this week, i'll drop his order.
JACKASS76@WORDPRESS.COM
RED-LINE.KR

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 02:32:01 »
Umm read the thread. You do NOT want to him to pay, because once you ship him the stuff, he'll reverse the transaction and you're out money and keycaps. Drop his order now while you still can.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 10:14:31 »
Yay! PayPal got back to me, and they said they're covering at least one of the chargebacks, the most expensive one. Still have to wait and see on the other two, but good news is good news.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 10:18:23 »
Umm read the thread. You do NOT want to him to pay, because once you ship him the stuff, he'll reverse the transaction and you're out money and keycaps. Drop his order now while you still can.
THIS ^ 
Please don't let him ruin this for the rest of us!!!   :-\
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 11:23:00 »
This just in: Paypal is no longer holding onto my money. All's well that ends well, I suppose. Hoping for the best for the rest of you!
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 11:57:44 »

I sent DrugER a pm.

he didn't pay yet.

From what I have read, I wouldn't accept his payment at all.

If it was a case of someone getting a hold of someone else's Paypal, then you can submit all the info you have on the guy to Paypal as he has commited fraud. I never really thought about it, but what happens in those cases when a credit company reimburses you if your credit card gets hijacked? Can they really reclaim the money from the people which the perpetrator paid with the stolen credit card?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 12:58:25 »

I sent DrugER a pm.

he didn't pay yet.

From what I have read, I wouldn't accept his payment at all.

If it was a case of someone getting a hold of someone else's Paypal, then you can submit all the info you have on the guy to Paypal as he has commited fraud. I never really thought about it, but what happens in those cases when a credit company reimburses you if your credit card gets hijacked? Can they really reclaim the money from the people which the perpetrator paid with the stolen credit card?

That's where they'll start, then they'll find and sue the id thief.

Got an email from paypal today saying they're disputing the chargeback

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 13:38:56 »
Nice. It looks like they may have realized that someone who does that many chargebacks/disputes is definitely a scammer.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 13:44:12 »
What they basically told me was that because I followed the PayPal seller rules, I was covered. So if you're selling things as goods, make sure to have a tracking number and insert that shiz into the PayPal system to cover your ass.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 14:02:38 »
What they basically told me was that because I followed the PayPal seller rules, I was covered. So if you're selling things as goods, make sure to have a tracking number and insert that shiz into the PayPal system to cover your ass.

That's what I got, yes. Good to hear you are not screwed, moose!

meebcats - my bad music

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 14:03:50 »
Well, I got hit with three separate chargebacks. One was covered, but I'm still waiting on the other two.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 14:49:26 »
don't forget to submit this thread as proof, paypal will look favorably in this way that other users of paypal are being targeted.

Offline limmy

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 15:14:57 »
I got my funds back.

Hopefully everyone involved in the series of wrongful charge back get their funds as well.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 16:08:47 »
Good to hear that this is getting addressed, at least in part.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 16:39:45 »
I'm surprised, but glad. I hope I get my money back too> It's quite a money for necessity for me, like food and stuff that i need.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 16:42:11 »
I'm surprised, but glad. I hope I get my money back too> It's quite a money for necessity for me, like keyboards and stuff that i need.

I feel you, man.

Offline cix

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 19:56:56 »
Things are looking hopeful, I'm gonna screw the cap back on the lube bottle, glad to hear some positive outcomes.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:23:40 »
So today, I tried to login to my bank account, and my account was suspended. I called to see what was going on. Want to take a guess? This guy is disputing a payment via Chase QuickPay. Really!? Over a month and a half ago... Why is this **** allowed?

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:24:08 »
Jesus holy ****. What.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:26:20 »
Now I have to sit on hold multiple times and verify that I am who I am over and over... Still waiting to see what happens. GAH!

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:30:30 »
Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that whatever lines he was feeding us were bogus. Such a shame.

meebcaps set #4. A set of keycaps that will live in infamy.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:42:38 »
So here's the thing: Chase has ABSOLUTELY NO credibility or accountability with it's QuickPay option. If someone sends you a payment, and then disputes it, you have no say in the matter. Your money is being taken back. Only the sender matters. **** Chase. ****ing bastards. And **** LBEUOL! I swear, I wish I could have 10 minutes with this mother****er.

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 22:49:25 »
Maybe we need a GH enforcer   :))  I'm sure you have his address...  :-X  If his fingers were all busted up...  >:D

lol j/k  :-\
-wd

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:01:47 »
Is there any way we can all figure out a way to keep moose from getting absolutely ****ed here? I don't know how Chase works (I do not bank with them).

This has gotten absolutely ****ed up and absurd.

Edit: I guess something even more important... how can we all protect ourselves from jackasses pulling stunts like this?
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:08:02 by funkymeeba »

meebcats - my bad music

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:13:00 »
As soon as I get home, I'm contemplating whether I should contact the authorities about this, or whether I should just accept it and move the **** on...

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:20:47 »
As soon as I get home, I'm contemplating whether I should contact the authorities about this, or whether I should just accept it and move the **** on...
If it's over $500 it could be considered a Class A Misdemeanor with a larger fine and punishment of up to a year in a county jail. So there is a thought...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:22:37 »
If it's over $500 it could be considered a Class A Misdemeanor with a larger fine and punishment of up to a year in a county jail. So there is a thought...

Don't forget the whole interstate element.  I think people should figure out the total dollar amount that has been scammed or attempted to be scammed.  Wire fraud is a serious thing and factor in across state lines and bigger dollar amounts and it becomes even more serious.

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:30:05 »
It is possible that your bank just took the money off you to place in limbo, not immediately send it back to this jerk. I Know in some cases of credit card disputes the first thing they do is take the money off the seller. Hopefully you can just wake them up to the reality and they will just return it to you. There's a good chance they will see it in your favour.

Fingers crossed anyway. I don't think you should give up, depressing and soul destroying as it can seem.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:34:12 »
I talked to them about that. They removed the money, and the said I would have to talk to the sender or the authorities. Perhaps I will try calling again and see if another person can give me better help, or try to elevate the whole ordeal.

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:38:37 »
I talked to them about that. They removed the money, and the said I would have to talk to the sender or the authorities. Perhaps I will try calling again and see if another person can give me better help, or try to elevate the whole ordeal.

I found a page where bitcoin traders were speaking of just about the same situation you have. Their accounts were frozen because the buyer looked fraudulent. That post also says that they were told the buyer had to contact them to allow their accounts to be unlocked.. Their buyer was reputable though, and he did. Sorry man, it looks bad.

Edit: The only other bit of info I found is that to get a quickpay reversal, he had to sign an affidavit alleging that fraud has occurred.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 July 2013, 00:13:55 by RabRhee »
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:39:55 »
Moose, if worst comes to worst, meeba and friends will do something to at least make you smile a little bit. This whole thing sucks. :(

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 23:52:30 »
hope you guys clear up with drugER that he should not accept money or send items to this guy.

Offline cix

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 02:40:46 »
We should be able to do something because all of the combined monies would equate to more than $500 right?  I also sent him stuff from California so if push comes to shove, shouldn't that count for a federal fraud case since all of us are from different locales?  I'm no law expert but this going unpunished isn't right.