Author Topic: Just Odered a KBT Pure Pro!  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
Just Odered a KBT Pure Pro!
« on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 19:09:24 »
Well, I just ordered a KBT Pure Pro with MX Blues (I was back and forth between Blues & Blacks, but ended up not wanting to stray away from my "clicky" comfort zone  :p) off of qtan's vendio site! Ever since finding GH, I kind of fell in love with the 60% form factor of the KBT Poker, but didn't think I'd be able to deal without having dedicated arrow keys which the Pure Pro has!

I do however, have some some questions for anybody out there that has knowledge of the Pure Pro...

1. Since it's the same form factor as the Poker & Poker 2, I'm assuming the case is the same as the Poker, which subsequently means if I were to buy one of them shiny metal Poker cases the Pure Pro PCB would fit in it, right?

2. Since the switches are, as far as I can tell, plate mounted, I shouldn't have any trouble modding the switches without de-soldering, correct?

Once I receive it, I'll definitely try to do a nice, in-depth review of it for you all!

Thanks for the help guys!
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Just Odered a KBT Pure Pro!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 19:12:28 »
1) Pures will fit in most Poker cases. You'll have to verify that the custom cases like the Skeldon will fit but I'm pretty sure they will.

2) No, the switches are PCB mounted. And you won't have to de-solder unless you got a version with LEDs. If it does, you'll have to desolder the LEDs to open the switch tops.

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
Re: Just Odered a KBT Pure Pro!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 19:20:17 »
Thanks CPTBadAss! However, after trying to find some more pictures of the Pure Pro, I found this website that has some gorgeous shots of the Pure Pro.

The pictures here: http://www.pcpop.com/doc/pic/002799049.html definitely show a plate with the PCB, and after reading the description on qtan's website a little closer, he does say "double PCB (with iron frame)"

I also hope I don't get shafted on the key-puller and extra key  :))
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :