Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8668941 times)

Offline AuRinBei

Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #1250 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:13:14 »
This thread needs to be renamed to just "Therapy." Or "People who need therapy." Or "Why ripster makes fun of geekhack so much."
87u || Poker 2

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1251 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:16:37 »
*Binge enters clack threads - hey guys, what you need are MY caps!*

Most of your posts, yes.

In your words explain to me what about being open with my work, looking up to other artists, and posting my own feelings regarding my work is so irritating to you.

I already pointed it out, but I guess if you don't want to get it, you won't. It's cool.

You have point out that you feel like I'm looking for feedback on my work, and that I posted some of my work in a clack thread and I assume that annoys you.

If that is the case it doesn't explain to me why it annoys you but generally that you don't appreciate people who don't play by your rules.

Make it painfully clear to me as I am reading a lot of animosity and an assumption that I'm supposed to understand how you think
without flaw.  Please don't explain this situation as one where I don't want to understand you.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1252 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:17:24 »
C'mon guys, just relax and enjoy CC's new designs!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #1253 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:22:09 »
I'll enjoy them when I have one of my own. The picture alone is not enough! I imagine it's like the difference between owning a playboy magazine and being with a playmate for real.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1254 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:22:38 »
^ the question is, could I even handle it?!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1255 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:34:02 »

:))

Even at retail that picture contains nearly $200 worth of Clacky goodness!

I have a mental block trying to imagine what someone would try to sell if for in classifieds ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1256 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:35:51 »
lol

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1257 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:39:49 »

I have a mental block trying to imagine what someone would try to sell if for in classifieds ...

All of them? Close to $1100 - $1200... at street price.

Might be a bit of a high estimate, but not by much...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1258 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:46:13 »

As a set - yeah.  Don't want to think about it. :blank:

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1259 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 15:47:14 »

As a set - yeah.  Don't want to think about it. :blank:

:eek: :rolleyes: :-\ :-X
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1260 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:09:20 »
I'll enjoy them when I have one of my own. The picture alone is not enough! I imagine it's like the difference between owning a playboy magazine and being with a playmate for real.

haha awesome comparison :D 

Come on guys we need

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #1261 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 21:30:17 »
*Binge enters clack threads - hey guys, what you need are MY caps!*

Most of your posts, yes.

In your words explain to me what about being open with my work, looking up to other artists, and posting my own feelings regarding my work is so irritating to you.

I already pointed it out, but I guess if you don't want to get it, you won't. It's cool.

hahaha... haha. HA

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1262 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 21:32:12 »
I think the new materials are great. Keep those gnomes working :)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1263 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 23:48:22 »
"Why ripster makes fun of geekhack so much."
I mean you can go back to r/mechanicalkeyboards and continue le geekwhack circlejerk if you wish, we won't miss you.

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

« Reply #1264 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 00:03:11 »
Where did this photo come from, Hova?
It's from a post by balanar in the other clacks thread:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1133026#msg1133026

According to him, he bought the Clacks from another member.

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1265 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 00:08:53 »
I mean you can go back to r/mechanicalkeyboards and continue le geekwhack circlejerk if you wish, we won't miss you.

+9000

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1266 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 00:27:51 »

ignore him, he's probably just a ripster sock puppet being told what to type since he's permabanned.

a gummyrot vader would be amazing

in red. CC pls.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2013, 00:29:38 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #1267 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:16:13 »
Okay, another forum member who bought them from where? What's with all the secrecy around here?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1268 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:17:37 »
 :-X
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:52:10 by dustinhxc »

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1269 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:28:53 »
Okay, another forum member who bought them from where? What's with all the secrecy around here?
That's the way she goes. The only thing more mysterious than Clack himself are some of the deals that go on involving his caps. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1270 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:36:00 »
That's the way she goes. The only thing more mysterious than Clack himself are some of the deals that go on involving his caps. 

Well you do realize that clickclack most certainly is a forum member here.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1271 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:49:26 »

Well you do realize that clickclack most certainly is a forum member here.
And they definitely came from him at one point.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #1272 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:53:14 »

The CC light shines upon you once more!  ;)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1273 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 03:11:30 »

Too bad it's not highly focused like that of say....oh I dunno...LASERS!!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1274 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 03:17:50 »

Sleepy, you are the best! *huge hugs*  :)

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #1275 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 05:03:32 »
Well, I'm confused.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1276 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 05:41:23 »

Offline AuRinBei

« Reply #1277 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:11:42 »

ignore him, he's probably just a ripster sock puppet being told what to type since he's permabanned.

in red. CC pls.

I'm not hating on geekhack. I'm here a lot more than I'm on /r/mechanicalkeyboards, mainly because I like seeing some variety in posts outside of "LOOK AT MY PLASTIDIPED QFR WITH BROWNS YOU GUISE!!!1". But you have to admit, this **** gets ****ing sad sometimes. People screaming at each other about little pieces of plastic and talking about re-sellers like they're the spawn of Hitler and Satan. This thread has 43 pages for Christ's sake. Not all full of crazy, but still. You just don't see that level of unhealthy obsession over there. Clacks are cool, but come on. They're all kind of the same thing, outside of a few rare ones and the new Gumrots.
87u || Poker 2

Offline kgrad5

« Reply #1278 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:20:01 »

in red. CC pls.

I'm not hating on geekhack. I'm here a lot more than I'm on /r/mechanicalkeyboards, mainly because I like seeing some variety in posts outside of "LOOK AT MY PLASTIDIPED QFR WITH BROWNS YOU GUISE!!!1". But you have to admit, this **** gets ****ing sad sometimes. People screaming at each other about little pieces of plastic and talking about re-sellers like they're the spawn of Hitler and Satan. This thread has 43 pages for Christ's sake. Not all full of crazy, but still. You just don't see that level of unhealthy obsession over there. Clacks are cool, but come on. They're all kind of the same thing, outside of a few rare ones and the new Gumrots.

Whether or not you agree with it, people are passionate about all sorts of things. Art is one of those things that many people are highly passionate about, hence paintings selling for millions of dollars. There's really no difference. I can argue that one of your hobbies is equally as ridiculous. Let people enjoy what they enjoy and if you don't enjoy, don't partake.

Offline AuRinBei

« Reply #1279 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:40:36 »

in red. CC pls.

Whether or not you agree with it, people are passionate about all sorts of things. Art is one of those things that many people are highly passionate about, hence paintings selling for millions of dollars. There's really no difference. I can argue that one of your hobbies is equally as ridiculous. Let people enjoy what they enjoy and if you don't enjoy, don't partake.

Yeah, I hear this "It's art don't judge thing a lot," but that doesn't really fly when the art is the same little skull in a bunch of different colors. Clacks are more akin to baseball cards than art in why they are so valuable. And who's not letting people enjoy what they enjoy? I'm not going into the post your Clacks thread and saying "you guys are dumb for liking this." I'm going into the Clack Therapy thread, and saying "some of you might actually need some therapy if you are taking these this seriously." If that's not what this thread is about, maybe don't call it "Clack Therapy."
87u || Poker 2

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1280 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:42:20 »
Sure, whatever you say Ripster...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline AuRinBei

« Reply #1281 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:48:21 »
I'll put it this way: During the last sale EK sale, I literally saw someone tell a person they had no conscience because they wanted to resell a Clack.
87u || Poker 2

Offline kgrad5

« Reply #1282 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:49:30 »
Yeah, I hear this "It's art don't judge thing a lot," but that doesn't really fly when the art is the same little skull in a bunch of different colors. Clacks are more akin to baseball cards than art in why they are so valuable. And who's not letting people enjoy what they enjoy? I'm not going into the post your Clacks thread and saying "you guys are dumb for liking this." I'm going into the Clack Therapy thread, and saying "some of you might actually need some therapy if you are taking these this seriously." If that's not what this thread is about, maybe don't call it "Clack Therapy."

It has nothing to do with "it's art, don't judge" it has everything to do with it being a hobby that people enjoy. The same as collecting stamps, or classic coke cans, or comic books. People pay money for things they like, and trust me, these "crazy" prices people pay for clacks are nothing compared to other hobbyists. Your "little plastic pieces shaped like skulls" etc. argument is nonsense, people spend tons of money on warhammer and those are little pieces of plastic, all art is on different mediums, why is plastic less valuable than paper or canvas?

Nobody needs therapy for enjoying a hobby. I would buy your argument if people were harming others with their obsession, but I have seen no evidence of that in any way shape or form. I see a lot of passionate people collecting items they enjoy.

Offline AuRinBei

« Reply #1283 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:18:53 »

It has nothing to do with "it's art, don't judge" it has everything to do with it being a hobby that people enjoy. The same as collecting stamps, or classic coke cans, or comic books. People pay money for things they like, and trust me, these "crazy" prices people pay for clacks are nothing compared to other hobbyists. Your "little plastic pieces shaped like skulls" etc. argument is nonsense, people spend tons of money on warhammer and those are little pieces of plastic, all art is on different mediums, why is plastic less valuable than paper or canvas?

Nobody needs therapy for enjoying a hobby. I would buy your argument if people were harming others with their obsession, but I have seen no evidence of that in any way shape or form. I see a lot of passionate people collecting items they enjoy.

I never said plastic was less valuable than paper or canvas. I just made fun of people who have a 43 page thread titled "Clack Therapy" dedicated to venting all the pent up frustration over not getting a keycap. Also, I would like to declare my passion as "taking light jabs at people who take resin and skulls way too seriously." Please, nobody make fun of me. I am very sensitive.
87u || Poker 2

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1284 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:21:41 »

I never said plastic was less valuable than paper or canvas. I just made fun of people who have a 43 page thread titled "Clack Therapy" dedicated to venting all the pent up frustration over not getting a keycap. Also, I would like to declare my passion as "taking light jabs at people who take resin and skulls way too seriously." Please, nobody make fun of me. I am very sensitive.

Why are you still arguing this point? We get it, you don't value Clacks very highly. Move along if this thread irks you so much.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1285 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:23:45 »
I would like to declare my passion as "taking light jabs at people who take resin and skulls way too seriously."

Wow. Your passion is for making fun of people in this community? Maybe you really should go back to ripsterland.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1286 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:25:14 »
I would like to declare my passion as "taking light jabs at people who take resin and skulls way too seriously."

Wow. Your passion is for making fun of people in this community? Maybe you really should go back to ripsterland.

I think he just confirmed he's a Ripster sockpuppet with that statement...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1287 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:27:48 »
On topic, I keep trying to stay away from clacks but they keep pulling me back in!

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1288 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:28:29 »
Troll water under the bridge... moving on  :rolleyes:

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1289 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:33:12 »

Oh no, everyone you don't agree with is ripster now... D:

Why don't you shut the **** up sometime. I'd rather read SpamRay's posts than your idiotic babble.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1290 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:40:06 »

Why don't you shut the **** up sometime. I'd rather read SpamRay's posts than your idiotic babble.

Well I see being muted really helped your manners...

It was a sarcastic remark. Don't get angry at me if you take it literally... 
tp thread is tp thread

Offline AuRinBei

« Reply #1291 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:44:34 »

No, he's right. I am ripster. I mean, only I (ripster) could possibly think that clack fanatics conduct themselves in a manner that warrants making fun of. Because clearly, to any normal person, this stuff is some straight up serus business.
87u || Poker 2

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1292 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:47:25 »
No, he's right. I am ripster. I mean, only I (ripster) could possibly think that clack fanatics conduct themselves in a manner that warrants making fun of. Because clearly, to any normal person, this stuff is some straight up serus business.

Oh, you are ripster? Please unzip your pants so that the slurping may commence.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1293 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:50:56 »
Slurping is not for this thread, nor is all of this off-topic slander!  This thread is supposed to take our mind off of clac...

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #1294 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:58:03 »

6k posts, and a good 40% of that is insults, keyboard warrior level >9000.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1295 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:58:57 »

Not to mention a warning level of 55%...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1296 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 11:01:54 »

I really like you. You actually put yourself through more effort than most to see what I have to say. Clicking that "Show me the post" button every time. My hero.

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #1297 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 11:10:39 »
I like clacks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1298 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 12:59:44 »
On topic, I keep trying to stay away from clacks but they keep pulling me back in!

I keep trying to pull Clacks towards me, but they keep staying away!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #1299 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 13:01:31 »
I can't resist clack offers  :confused: