Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8642188 times)

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #6350 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:46:25 »
So who got the Bluetrabe?

So far a few on reddit (at least they didn't appear to go to vocal counterfeit supporters) and a baby account on here wanting to trade it for a HHKB.  Hopefully some of those people appreciate them instead of being ****s.

Ah, found it, seems to be a gentle person.

[-]Super_Six
Already sold for $350..
Effectively getting a HHKB Type S for $50 and some change.. I don't need a piece of plastic that looks like a bird.

[-]Fishinatoaster
How many did you win?

[-]Super_Six
Let's just say EK isn't very good about their anti-cheat system.
... ...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6351 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:49:57 »
I kind of doubt what he's saying is true.  If it is, it's sad, but either way he's a douchebag.

Of course, then you also have good ole rippy roo egging people on and trying to create drama and reinforcing his personal vendetta against GH, trying to get other people to hate it irrationally.  That sub started out good, but has been becoming a cancer.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:51:28 by nubbinator »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6352 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:50:31 »

So far a few on reddit (at least they didn't appear to go to vocal counterfeit supporters) and a baby account on here wanting to trade it for a HHKB.  Hopefully some of those people appreciate them instead of being ****s.

[-]Super_Six
Already sold for $350..
Effectively getting a HHKB Type S for $50 and some change.. I don't need a piece of plastic that looks like a bird.

[-]Fishinatoaster
How many did you win?

[-]Super_Six

GG sending tips to EK they should hire me i will take the time to analyze each entry

does ek even look at private proxies ? because its sorta easy to cheat if someone uses this method to cheat
because signing up from another ip in the US and then shipping to a completely different state looks fishy as hell

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:53:33 by appleonama »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6353 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:51:20 »

[-]Super_Six
Already sold for $350..

[-]Fishinatoaster
How many did you win?

[-]Super_Six

Sounds like the dude entered with a bunch of emails; pretty scummy but also a pretty major oversight on EK's part. 

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6354 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:51:56 »
Wtf! That makes me very angry! $350!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6355 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:53:07 »

Both parties reinforce the problem, selling at ridiculous mark up and buying at ridiculous mark up.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #6356 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:11:22 »
I'd consider entering twice (once for me, then once more for my girlfriend) but she's not that into CCs so I didn't enter for her. But to go out of your way to cheat the system AND sell it for a profit??

Not sure what measures they take but wouldn't you be able to stop a paypal address to be stopped from being used in multiple entries?

The IP thing is a good idea, but I use satellite internet, which sometimes says I'm in a separate state. I mean, that's not the case for most people so not a problem

On another note, if anyone has a drunken skull or something in MX they'd trade for the topre one I got from this sale, let me know. I sadly don't have a topre keyboard like I thought I'd be getting due to limited funds.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6357 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:12:15 »
Bluetrabe sells for $350 before even delivered...

Freedom Eagle cost 4x Bluetrabe at retail...

Freedom Eagle $1400 value confirmed. :P

Oops, this is Clack Therapy, not valuation.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #6358 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:21:05 »
I've got a drunken skull topre !  :))

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
Clack Therapy
« Reply #6359 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:42:47 »

Both parties reinforce the problem, selling at ridiculous mark up and buying at ridiculous mark up.
Yeah, but if CC sells to people who collects, that would have reduce the possibility of this matter. I realize it's hard to proof and that there could be the new guy who is just starting the collection, but I think there's a much bigger percentage of people who went into the sales to flip as compare to new collector who's starting out. Why not prevent this by selling to serious collectors first? Maybe a photo verification to proof ownership of 3 CC and above or something.

I think CC truly just want to spread the love around and make people rich once a while.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:45:21 by Belfong »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6360 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:46:16 »
More likely he wants them to go to people who want them and will appreciate them, but there's not real way to separate the chaff from the seed.  I can't speak for him though, I'm just basing supposition off of past statements I've seen him make and actions he's done.  We could talk all day and never come to a resolution on that front.  I was just commenting on what we can do as people who appreciate them as an artistic novelty, not as a way to make money.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6361 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:47:27 »

this happens every time there's a sale

it's nothing new
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6362 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 01:14:10 »

this happens every time there's a sale

it's nothing new

Happens with most limited releases.  Art prints, sneakers, festival tickets, etc. will all end up on ebay within minutes

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6363 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 02:20:08 »
It's bull****. No one would pay that, guy has zero proof that he even won, stinks like some troll-hype grade-A bull****.

I mean, just look at this turd blossoms preteen ****posts https://www.reddit.com/user/Super_Six
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 02:22:28 by noisyturtle »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6364 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 03:19:56 »
Thing I don't get is how many postal addresses can one person have? Anti-cheat system should at the very least check for unique physical addresses. A bit of regular expression coding should catch all valid variations of a valid address.

@noisyturtle, from one of his posts: "the idiots over at GeekWhack"... 'nuff said.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6365 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 03:25:16 »
More likely he wants them to go to people who want them and will appreciate them, but there's not real way to separate the chaff from the seed.

Brocaps does a pretty good job of that...

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6366 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 03:37:33 »

Yeah, but if CC sells to people who collects, that would have reduce the possibility of this matter. I realize it's hard to proof and that there could be the new guy who is just starting the collection, but I think there's a much bigger percentage of people who went into the sales to flip as compare to new collector who's starting out. Why not prevent this by selling to serious collectors first? Maybe a photo verification to proof ownership of 3 CC and above or something.

I think CC truly just want to spread the love around and make people rich once a while.
That's a terrible idea to have, that would only mean people who have more get even more :/ personally it should be left as it is although I hope some of these orders that have been sold get cancelled before they ship out as what that other guy has done is extremely scummy to do :x

But I do hope we never get into the state were having a few keys give you a better chance at winning because thats just silly, I like the fact that now more than ever people without clack, and bro's for that matter seem to be getting them more than ever :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #6367 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 05:17:57 »
More likely he wants them to go to people who want them and will appreciate them, but there's not real way to separate the chaff from the seed.

yes Bro does do a superb job on this but he is much more active here which I think makes it easier. I don't envy their job from this point of view.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Clack Therapy
« Reply #6368 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 05:59:38 »
It wouldn't be hard to require a GH or DT username with at least 50 posts to enter. I believe that would cut down on some.

Edit: I mean that as an expansion of what Bro already does.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6369 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 06:10:23 »
It wouldn't be hard to require a GH or DT username with at least 50 posts to enter. I believe that would cut down on some.

Edit: I mean that as an expansion of what Bro already does.

If clack is barely part of the community these days, what makes you think he's going to enforce his buyers to be a part of it?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6370 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 07:03:03 »
I'm not saying buyers should be a part of this community. I'm saying they should be a part of some community. Is there really anyone interested in mech keyboards enough to want to spend time and/or money on getting Clacks that isn't a part of GH or DT?  If someone doesn't care enough to take part in one of the forums, don't you think it's likely they are the type to just resell for profit on eBay?
I'm back.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6371 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 07:05:36 »
No system is foolproof.  Just like how number of posts isn't a surefire indicator of whether or not someone will scam hundreds of users in a groupbuy...  :-X

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6372 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 07:10:06 »

yes Bro does do a superb job on this but he is much more active here which I think makes it easier. I don't envy their job from this point of view.

idk but it always amused me that people come up with insanely elaborate schemes so they can feel justified in being angry at the people who won clacks when bro has been doing an amazing job of not only getting his stuff out to people who want it, but to also stop any after market from really taking place.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #6373 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 07:28:55 »
 :blank:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jiggityjane

« Reply #6374 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 07:29:26 »
Won a candy corn skull.

Haven't been on these forums in a while (life has been crazy lately) but I'm very happy :)

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #6375 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 07:32:24 »

idk but it always amused me that people come up with insanely elaborate schemes so they can feel justified in being angry at the people who won clacks when bro has been doing an amazing job of not only getting his stuff out to people who want it, but to also stop any after market from really taking place.
My suspension is that Bros sales are mostly private.

On topic:
Hopefully with a new influx of candy corn and drunken skull topres in the wild now I will be able to obtain one for a reasonable price :'(
RETIRED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6376 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:03:16 »

On topic:
Hopefully with a new influx of candy corn and drunken skull topres in the wild now I will be able to obtain one for a reasonable price :'(

I would say you're right. There are a lot of Clacks that go the same way.

I feel dirty saying this since so many people seem to love them, but I hate drunken and candy corn.  I just do not like the way they look.

Offline DyNamiC.

« Reply #6377 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:31:47 »
I'm not saying buyers should be a part of this community. I'm saying they should be a part of some community. Is there really anyone interested in mech keyboards enough to want to spend time and/or money on getting Clacks that isn't a part of GH or DT?  If someone doesn't care enough to take part in one of the forums, don't you think it's likely they are the type to just resell for profit on eBay?

I don't participate in these forums...I already keep up with too many forums. I've won two clack drawings so far and still have both keys I won. Not sure how reliable an indicator someones forum activity would be as an indicator of clack flipping.

« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:33:40 by DyNamiC. »

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6378 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:34:45 »

On topic:

I would say you're right. There are a lot of Clacks that go the same way.

I feel dirty saying this since so many people seem to love them, but I hate drunken and candy corn.  I just do not like the way they look.
Yes... Let it all out... Feel the anger.......

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6379 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:34:52 »

I don't participate in these forums...I already keep up with too many forums. I've won two clack drawings so far and still have both keys I won so not everyone that isn't a GH or DT active member is out there to flip clacks.

Cool.  Glad you joined now.  I hope you will stick around.  I feel your pain about keeping up with too many forums!  I'm glad you posted.
I'm back.

Offline DyNamiC.

« Reply #6380 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:46:56 »

I don't participate in these forums...I already keep up with too many forums. I've won two clack drawings so far and still have both keys I won so not everyone that isn't a GH or DT active member is out there to flip clacks.

Cool.  Glad you joined now.  I hope you will stick around.  I feel your pain about keeping up with too many forums!  I'm glad you posted.

I actually joined a while back, just never posted here! Thanks for the welcome!

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #6381 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:52:07 »

I don't participate in these forums...I already keep up with too many forums. I've won two clack drawings so far and still have both keys I won. Not sure how reliable an indicator someones forum activity would be as an indicator of clack flipping.
Too be clear, I am glad that it is not restricted to only senior GH members. I was lucky enough to get in on a couple of clack sales when I first joined.
RETIRED

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6382 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 16:57:47 »
the rise in "oh i only trade my CCs but cant be bother to sell them to somebody that has nothing to trade me but will gladly offer others money" posts is annoying as all ****.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #6383 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:12:37 »
the rise in "oh i only trade my CCs but cant be bother to sell them to somebody that has nothing to trade me but will gladly offer others money" posts is annoying as all ****.

As one of the saps that can only offer money since I have no CCs to trade with, I wholeheartedly agree.

;D

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6384 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:13:12 »

Lolwut?  Where?
I'm back.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #6385 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:14:33 »
classifieds.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6386 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:17:54 »

:llama:
thanks demik

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6387 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:37:54 »

The only thing that makes me happy about the rise of threads like that, is the rise in threads of people then complaining when people don't send the item they are trading X for... and then demanding the mods take actions

hahaha holy ****, someone selling a gumrot for £110 plus shipping hahahaha holy ****... man, I'm glad I never venture into classifieds anymore/and have basically my end game board
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:41:15 by baldgye »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6388 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:40:41 »

So earlier you complain about people who buy/sell Clacks. Now you complain about people who only trade and won't accept money. Lololololol
I'm back.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #6389 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:52:35 »

So earlier you complain about people who buy/sell Clacks. Now you complain about people who only trade and won't accept money. Lololololol

He's talking about users who are saying "you cant buy mine but I'll buy yours", which I totally agree is ****ing annoying.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6390 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:58:14 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:25:23 by esoomenona »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6391 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:59:42 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:25:02 by esoomenona »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6392 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:19:53 »
I've never seen anyone get mad at someone because they were only trading clacks.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6393 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:42:51 »

uh, no? i don't care who buys or sells clacks. once they're your property you can do what you want.

it's the hypocrisy that's annoying. you have people qq about one thing, turn around and do it when it suits them.

He's talking about users who are saying "you cant buy mine but I'll buy yours", which I totally agree is ****ing annoying.

exactly.

There's no winning with these things....

Buy them and keep them? **** you for hoarding.
Buy them and sell them? **** you for flipping.
Buy them and trade them? **** you for only trading.

Who cares. We should not even talk about how these things are handled because everything sounds ridiculous. This is coming from a man who only tries to have what he will actually use and let's the rest go. If I have some, I intend to keep them because I want them. That means I don't have anything to trade, unfortunately. You can fault me for it, but believe me, it's much harder in this state to get CCs.

again, it's not what people do that i give a **** about.

it's the hypocrisy of people when it suits them.

people could trade children for clacks for all i care, but don't turn around and act like a damn saint when somebody else does something you don't like when you did something equality as ****.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6394 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 19:02:18 »
act like a damn saint when somebody else does something you don't like when you did something equality as poopy.
I agree but its going to happen no matter what people do, but I have to say the whole you can't get something without having item A is like the worst quest ever :x

Lets keep on topic though this is therapy not complain about everything okay people :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6395 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 19:07:10 »
haha, i like how you changed the bad word :P

and even though im not looking for clacks, nobody seems to bringing up this little trend so i figured i would.

again, i dont care what people do with their stuff. sell it, trade it, burn it, shove it up their butt, cut it up and snort it. it's their property. what annoys me is the hypocrisy and two face attitudes. which shouldn't, because in the end this is only the internet but eh, still does.

Offline tbc

« Reply #6396 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 20:29:57 »
unless we're in the matrix.

physical property isn't 'on the internet'.  neither is cash/credit for that matter.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #6397 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 00:36:29 »
I am excitedly waiting for the arrival of my first clack :P

Tracking info F5 F5 F5 F5 :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6398 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 01:12:03 »
unless we're in the matrix.

physical property isn't 'on the internet'.  neither is cash/credit for that matter.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6399 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 07:59:40 »
haha, i like how you changed the bad word :P
Got to be child friendly you know :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More