Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8644043 times)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #8100 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 19:44:08 »
who sleeps 8 hours per night??
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8101 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 19:48:01 »

People over 25? Heck, I'll sleep a good 11hrs on a Saturday!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8102 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 19:48:12 »

I don't think I could if I tried, normally I get 5 or 6.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8103 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 19:50:18 »

I don't think I could if I tried, normally I get 5 or 6.

same, i normally do around 5 or 6 hours, and i can't sleep more than 7 unless i've taken nyquil or something.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #8104 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 19:51:08 »
I can easily sleep for 12-14 hours if I'm not careful, most days I get 6-7 though. /****tybragging
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8105 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 19:53:35 »
I can easily sleep for 12-14 hours if I'm not careful, most days I get 6-7 though. /****tybragging

haha damn that's a lot.  i shall call you bedtimebueller, and noisy is now sleepydreamsturtle.

and sometimes i wish i could get more sleep.  i wake up pretty easily with noise and light.  i wear earplugs which helps some.  but most of the time, i feel that sleeping is a waste of time.  not that i'm more productive doing other things.  i just waste time elsewhere. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 January 2015, 19:56:36 by naasfu »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8106 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 19:57:10 »

haha damn that's a lot.  i shall call you bedtimebueller, and noisy is now sleepydreamsturtle.

and sometimes i wish i could get more sleep.  i wake up pretty easily with noise and light.  i wear earplugs most of the time which helps some.  but most of the time, i feel that sleeping is a waste of time.  not that i'm more productive doing other things.  i just waste time elsewhere. :)

If you could give up sleeping or pooping/peeing for the rest of your life which would you choose?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8107 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:00:21 »

haha damn that's a lot.  i shall call you bedtimebueller,

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #8108 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:00:41 »

and sometimes i wish i could get more sleep.  i wake up pretty easily with noise and light.  i wear earplugs most of the time which helps some.  but most of the time, i feel that sleeping is a waste of time.  not that i'm more productive doing other things.  i just waste time elsewhere. :)

If you could give up sleeping or pooping/peeing for the rest of your life which would you choose?
Sleeping, easy. Imagine how much more you could do if you didn't have to waste 5-8 hours of your day doing nothing.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8109 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:01:48 »

Sleeping, easy. Imagine how much more you could do if you didn't have to waste 5-8 hours of your day doing nothing.

This is very true. I'm very late to get to sleep most nights, I get so much done once everyone is asleep and I have no distractions.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8110 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:07:14 »

This is very true. I'm very late to get to sleep most nights, I get so much done once everyone is asleep and I have no distractions.

Guess I'm the only one that actually loves sleeping :(

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8111 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:08:08 »

Oh I love it, I just don't have the time!

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #8112 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:08:48 »

I like sleeping, but I find myself running out of time to do stuff that I need/want to do because I need to sleep. I enjoy sleeping, but most of the time I get too little so I'm tired.

Sleeping for more than 6 hours makes me feel lazy :confused:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8113 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:16:49 »

yes, definitely sleeping since it eats up the most time.  and i'm usually most productive during the late night as bueller said.

more time to poop clacks for billnye!  (haha, please don't post that gross picture again.  pls.)

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #8114 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:32:27 »

more time to poop clacks for billnye!  (haha, please don't post that gross picture again.  pls.)
I would never post it again!!
More
You thought I was going to do it again, didn't ya :p

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #8115 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:38:46 »
I love sleep...I just have more important **** to do. So I get about 4-5 hours of sleep per night during the week and I sleep 8-12 hours on the weekends to make up for it.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8116 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 20:43:01 »
I love sleep...I just have more important **** to do. So I get about 4-5 hours of sleep per night during the week and I sleep 8-12 hours on the weekends to make up for it.

Are you me?

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8117 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 21:40:36 »
Man i have this conversation far too often but everyone i talk to loves sleeping. Me personally i hate it and wish i didn't have to sleep at all.

.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8118 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 21:54:48 »
But just imagine how clean your butthole and colon will be. And you'll never have to worry about UTIs or gall stones! The ability to eliminate all waste from your body and run at 100% efficiency would probably extend your life by quite a bit too.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8119 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 22:02:15 »
But just imagine how clean your butthole and colon will be. And you'll never have to worry about UTIs or gall stones! The ability to eliminate all waste from your body and run at 100% efficiency would probably extend your life by quite a bit too.

We just need our bodies to turn poop into clean water and energy, if Bill Gates can do it why can't we?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8120 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 22:06:51 »

We just need our bodies to turn poop into clean water and energy, if Bill Gates can do it why can't we?

If there were a pill that allowed you to infinitely piss a cycle of clean drinking water that would solve a lot of problems in the world.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8121 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 22:40:17 »

and sometimes i wish i could get more sleep.  i wake up pretty easily with noise and light.  i wear earplugs which helps some.  but most of the time, i feel that sleeping is a waste of time.  not that i'm more productive doing other things.  i just waste time elsewhere. :)
Wow.. I have the same thoughts! Sleep is a waste of time. And it gets even more so when you have kids and they took up most of your free time and the only way you can do your own thing (play games, change keyboard caps, watch Game of Thrones) is when they are asleep and by then you would be so tired to care.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #8122 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 00:16:43 »

Oh I love it, I just don't have the time!

I'm with you guys, I love a good sleep, unfortunately in the week (and during Clackvent) I end up with only between 5.5 and 7 hrs but on the weekends I can easily sleep 10 - 13, gotta be careful about sleeping my whole Saturday away  :))

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #8123 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 02:09:19 »
The other day i saw the video of the clack eating and realized i have been calling julysicles "juicysicles" for a year now...

And none of you guys ever corrected me, you just let me live on in blissful ignorance

:(

Wth guys
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8124 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 02:20:02 »
The other day i saw the video of the clack eating and realized i have been calling julysicles "juicysicles" for a year now...

And none of you guys ever corrected me, you just let me live on in blissful ignorance

Wth guys

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8125 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 02:20:57 »

Wth guys

Haha honestly I don't think I ever noticed.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #8126 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 02:28:25 »

Wth guys

I thought it was just your fun pet name for them, they do look kinda juicy  :))

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8127 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 03:04:56 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8128 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 05:51:34 »
Well, I'm going to bed. Sure today's sale will be over before I even get home from work.
#clacklife

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #8129 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 05:54:53 »
I'll probably miss the sale as well since i'm up so late and will be going to bed soon.

Will see.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8130 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 07:03:48 »
You guys go to bed. We will PM you after the sale to let you know it happened.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8131 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 07:16:22 »
You guys go to bed. We will PM you after the sale to let you know it happened.

How kind of you!

But it's okay, I'll already have the ton of emails that I'll get hours after it happens to remind me every few minutes :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #8132 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 11:56:31 »

Wth guys

Show Image

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8133 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 12:03:48 »

Wth guys

I've been doing the same thing, I thought I was alone.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #8134 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 14:47:47 »
 :)
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8135 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 15:32:39 »
Somebody call CC and get this show on the road.  I gotta focus on other things!  He's inside my head!
I'm back.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #8136 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 15:36:36 »
Same, wasting a lot of time sitting infront of my computer.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8137 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 16:20:37 »
I stayed up till 5, then woke up at 8 and been stalking it since then
The one day I manage to be on and ready, he does this.

Now I'm tired and will continue to stalk this during class >,>

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8138 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 16:38:23 »

Wth guys

You realise these will be called juicysicles from now on?

Actually I'd like a Thorpe juicysicle - they first appeared, I think, around the time I joined GH, and I hadn't rationalised the cost of a single artisan keycap vs. the cost of a keyboard at that stage.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8139 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 18:58:17 »
Home from work and... HOLY SCHMIDT! it didn't happen yet.

OK

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8140 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 18:58:43 »
Wake up Sleepy Turtle!
I'm back.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8141 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 18:59:16 »
woo, noisy is home.  it's time to start. :)

Wake up Sleepy Turtle!

sleepydreamsturtle.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8142 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 18:59:57 »
woo, noisy is home.  it's time to start. :)

Wake up Sleepy Turtle!

sleepydreamsturtle.

:))

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8143 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 19:02:01 »
It's alright guys, I got this :P

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8144 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 19:18:16 »
You are back from work at 5pm! talk about work life balance! no wonder you can sleep for 8 hours ha ha!!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8145 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 19:23:11 »

OK
(Attachment Link)

Yay, you made it!

I'm still hanging in there. Hope it doesn't happen on my way home >.>

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8146 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 19:23:46 »
Calling it now, happens after 6 but before 9 so Hoff can participate, he still misses it.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #8147 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 19:31:17 »
RNGesus hear my prayers :'(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8148 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 19:33:56 »

OK
(Attachment Link)

Yay, you made it!

I'm still hanging in there. Hope it doesn't happen on my way home >.>

Good luck, and godspeed!

Calling it now, happens after 6 but before 9 so Hoff can participate, he still misses it.

I call it happens sometime before 11:59 pm
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 January 2015, 19:35:37 by noisyturtle »

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #8149 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 19:35:23 »
i predict 11:02 pm EST.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.