Author Topic: Glissant's making me post this  (Read 8756 times)

Offline Sai

Re: Glissant's making me post this
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 21:01:00 »
l like reading this post. So, Glissant you should give mxmini to Moonprismpwr.

P.S you both are so cute.  ;D ;D
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 21:37:15 »
You guys are great :)

I needed a smile after the recent clask sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 00:20:32 »
That story was great!  And it looks like the story just continues through the thread.  Pure epic-ness!

Offline Sniping

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 00:37:02 »
im 8 and what is this

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 00:42:26 »

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 00:46:24 »
LOL. Isn't it funny and great that something as apparently simple and under-appreciated as a keyboard can inspire things like this?

Topre REALFORCE

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 00:47:16 »
I read this when I got to work and looked down at the Dell I have to use in discust...   Can't wait to get home to my keyboard lover.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 01:26:58 »
11/10 thread.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 04:09:58 »
The best thing about this thread, is the title.

Offline iri

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:05:20 »
The best thing about this thread, is the title.
+1 :))
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline elton5354

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:09:42 »

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:54:08 »
This is the most funny thread I've read at GH lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:55:39 »
The best part about this thread is this thread :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 01:03:48 »
this has to be the best thread I have read in off topic so far.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 04:29:36 »
AWKWARD BONER.

No, I kid. That was funny! :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 01:30:43 »
Somehow I feel dirty now for having many keyboards and switching between em as I like :3

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 01:34:58 »
Dear God please don't let my wife find this thread when she joins.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 01:38:21 »
I don't see anything NSFW about that. True love.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 01:39:42 »
Dear God please don't let my wife find this thread when she joins.

:))

This certainly shows an alternative aspect to Geekhack!