Author Topic: New Keyboard from Razer  (Read 1957 times)

Offline itlnstln

New Keyboard from Razer
« on: Tue, 07 October 2008, 15:16:30 »
http://arstechnica.com/journals/hardware.ars/2008/10/07/razer-announces-new-low-end-gaming-keyboard

If you're interested...

Looks like a rubber dome 'board (shocker) without Razer's usual level of glitz and glam, e.g. backlighting.  Interestingly enough, the keys have a rubbery coating (like their other keyboards) which should make for an interesting experience typing.  I, for one, will stick (no pun intended) with my regular-ass plastic keys.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
New Keyboard from Razer
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 October 2008, 22:32:43 »
Wow, that's some repugnant sh*t. Fugly even with beer goggles.

Offline Korbin

New Keyboard from Razer
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 October 2008, 23:48:19 »
hahahh Oh man. That razer lycosa was the worst keyboard I have ever bought. The keys felt like you were bangin on plastic tupperware that rattled. Hopefully they improved the key feel on this one compared to the lycosa.
Keyboards: Nyquist, Ergodox, Levinson

Offline jumpfroggy

New Keyboard from Razer
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 October 2008, 18:36:08 »
Quote from: Korbin;9394
hahahh Oh man. That razer lycosa was the worst keyboard I have ever bought. The keys felt like you were bangin on plastic tupperware that rattled. Hopefully they improved the key feel on this one compared to the lycosa.

Roger that.  I bought it thinking it had scissor switch keys, it's just a normal low-profile membrane switch.  It has a stock layout, which is good, but the rubberized coating actually gets in the way of my typing (sticking too much, I prefer to slide a bit).  The backlighting on the lycosa was really poor, almost useless (and a huge disappointment; would've been helpful in dark environments).  Worst of all, the audio jacks don't work (heavy static) and every once in a while the whole keyboard will go crazy and wont work right till it's replugged back in.

The Lycosa Mirror looks like the same thing minus the rubberized coating.  The arctosa looks like it's minus the backlighting too.  It's just not worth it, doesn't really add any value.
Filco FKB104/EB - Das Keyboard Ultimate S - Realforce 103UB variable - Filco Linear-R (soon)