Author Topic: Tenkeyless mechanical keyboard - Corsair, CoolerMaster or Razer?  (Read 20636 times)

Offline dante

Re: Tenkeyless mechanical keyboard - Corsair, CoolerMaster or Razer?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 15:45:53 »
I've been reading a lot about people not liking the mx blues on the QFR. Is there something wrong with them? its been making me second guess myself on getting the blues and consider getting the greens instead even though they are much more expensive.

A while back there were quite a few who had non-clicking blues and greens.  Not limited to QFR as it also happened on the Ducky's.

Taiwanese QC FTL.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 15:51:16 »
I've been reading a lot about people not liking the mx blues on the QFR. Is there something wrong with them? its been making me second guess myself on getting the blues and consider getting the greens instead even though they are much more expensive.
Haven't tried blues on the QFR (or QFS), but the greens feel amazing. I have blues on my Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL, and I like the greens on the QFS better. However, they are rather heavy at an actuation force of 80 cN compared to 50 cN for blues, and I think they could be fatiguing for long typing sessions. I've come to the conclusion that the ideal Cherry switch for typing might be around 60 cN. This is the actuation force for Matias switches and the lower range for IBM buckling springs (60 - 80 cN). I much prefer typing on my IBM SSK than anything else I've tried. However, you cannot go solely on the basis of published actuation force values. Each board has its own characteristics. For example, I enjoy typing on a relatively cheap Keycool 84 with blues; I like the overall typing feel and sound, despite the fact that by some criteria this board would not get the quality rating ascribed to boards made by Filco, Leopold, and CM.

Offline Carnage

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 15:59:58 »
@dante
Are they still having the clicking issue?

@rjrich
I'm not to sure id worry to much about the fatigue. I've been typing on a buckling springs board for almost a year now and I'm so use to it i don't even notice it anymore. I've brought pairs of blue alps on a Leading edge 2014 down to its knees at this point I have the board laying around waiting for me to get donor switches still because I loved it so much. I have lead fingers  :p

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 17:32:16 »
@dante

@rjrich
I'm not to sure id worry to much about the fatigue. I've been typing on a buckling springs board for almost a year now and I'm so use to it i don't even notice it anymore. I've brought pairs of blue alps on a Leading edge 2014 down to its knees at this point I have the board laying around waiting for me to get donor switches still because I loved it so much. I have lead fingers  :p

Oddly enough, although I've been using a Model M or an SSK for many years and do not find them fatiguing at all, I found the CM QFS with greens to be fatiguing. This could be because it is estimated that the actuation and bottom-out forces for the IBM are around 70 and 80 cN, whereas these forces for Cherry greens are 80 and 105 cN. My normal typing style is to bottom out on every keystroke, and this apparently requires more force with Cherry greens than with IBM buckling springs.

Offline dante

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 19:40:30 »
@dante

Uncertain and I heaven't heard of any more complaints lately.  If you end up with a sour switch I'm sure they would warranty it.

Offline Carnage

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 13:48:41 »
@rjrich @dante

Thanks ill be sure to keep those things in mind~

Offline jameslr

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 14:02:29 »
I started out with a QFR with blues, and I sold it and got a Filco with browns used here on the classifieds. I love both of them, and I really miss the QFR. I can't put my finger on why - maybe just sentimentality as it was my first mechanical. I have since bought a Topre Realforce 87U 55g and a HHKB Pro 2 and I'm head over heels for Topre. They just feel amazing.

That being said - I definitely recommend QFR with whatever switch you prefer. It won't be your last mech board that's for sure.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 07:01:24 »
Forget about TKL.

Get Poker II.

Never look back.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline stancato9

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 07:17:44 »
The new corsair boards look slick, the razer's are cheap and no me gusta, the QFR's you cannot go wrong with for a cheap TKL with any switch. My vote is for the CM QFR.

This ^ The QFR has to be the most cost efficient board you can buy.

I picked up a QFR when it was $35 at CanadaComputers. You can't go wrong with one considering the pricetag. They have even been compared to Filco and sport costar stabilizers.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline skuko

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 11:52:11 »
go big, go filco :)