Author Topic: ADOBE PRODUCTS  (Read 3965 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
ADOBE PRODUCTS
« on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 15:15:28 »
Any thoughts on Adobe products like PDF, Flash Player, Shockwave, etc?

I personally wish they would all die along with most every other web plugin.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: ADOBE PRODUCTS
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 15:15:53 »
WHY DO YOU HATE ADOBE

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 15:16:22 »
WHY DO YOU HATE ADOBE

BECAUSE THEYRE STUPID.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 15:17:39 »
WHY

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PDF FORMAT

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 15:21:18 »
Flash is terrible, the world would be a better place if Bill Gates was fighting flash rather than AIDS in Africa, it's that bad.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 15:21:56 »
PDF ARE AWESOME

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 17:48:43 »
Flash and PDF have had huge security holes in them.

Flash kills less powerful computers, and is not available on many mobile devices (in order to not degrade performance and improve battery life according to the manufacturer).

But PDF is great for sharing documents across multiple platforms.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 18:01:00 »
They should go and die in a hole. What's the point?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 18:40:24 »
PDF is a very good document format in my opinion. Adobe PDF reader, not so good but there are alternatives! Flash/shockwave... yes it can die. We have html5 (for media playback) and webGL (for browser based games) which are both vastly superior to flash.
For other things like photoshop and illustrator, adobe is still pretty good still but doesn't have loads of competition either.

Offline vasouv

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 06:23:30 »
I like Adobe Reader a lot, it's something about the way it renders the documents that I prefer to other PDF readers. Flash yeah it can die, when it comes to other software from Adobe I don't have much of an opinion, I've used Photoshop for a couple of uni courses but that's pretty much it.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 07:56:47 »
Adobe is like a lot of computer stuff that I have used over the years - the core product is excellent but it is encrusted with horrible "barnacles" that infuriate users.

If they would let us strip away all the non-essential ancillary stuff and just use the product we would be happier.

I love HP printers, but I avoided them for over a decade because although the hardware was great, their software was abysmal. When the printer had a hiccup, it locked and crashed the whole computer. Fortunately, recent OS improvements have prevented that and I am an HP user again.

Adobe has pushed me very close to the limit of my tolerance, particularly when I sometimes can't view a video because my flash player happens to be more than a few hours old.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Altis

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 16:14:07 »
Lightroom and Photoshop have always worked pretty well for me.

I mean, Microsoft Windows, would you really want me using Aperture?  On a Mac?

We all know how that would make you feel!
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 16:15:27 »
Foxit reader FTW.  So much faster and less memory drain. :]

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 16:49:31 »
Now, the rumours are that the next Micro$oft's CEO will be Stephen Elop. You probably know his history. He went from Adobe to Macromedia, then Macromedia was acquired by Adobe. Then he destroyed Nokia. Will the lines connect? Will Elop become M$ CEO and then Adobe will acquire M$? Will you obey your new overlords, microsoft windows?

Anyway, PDF is awful, but still better than binary MS Word documents, and I'm glad we have at least DNG in the proprietary camera market. I don't care about the rest. Well, Flash... that's still better than the Silverlight crap.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 18:01:41 »
he destroyed Nokia

How exactly is Nokia destroyed? They're not doing the best financially, but their products show some innovation.

TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 18:04:52 »
When did you upgrade to Windows 98?  :eek:

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 05:26:17 »
he destroyed Nokia

How exactly is Nokia destroyed? They're not doing the best financially, but their products show some innovation.

Nokia was Finnish economy leader. It isn't anymore.
Nokia was one of the biggest phone manufacturer's worldwide except North America. Nowadays, they're nearly irrelevant even in third-world countries.
Nokia had huge R&D and their own software platforms... until Elopocalypse aka "burning platform". Then they became yet another 3rd-party-platform vendor—and Microsoft's patent portfolio for patent trolling recently.

So, yeah. They hired a trojan horse instead of someone who would actually cut the bureaucracy and keep them at the top. The sad part is that this whole affair was so obvious... Elop had done it before, and so had Microsoft.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 09:21:30 »
PDF NEEDS TO DIE

FLASH NEEDS TO DIE

SHOCKWAVE NEEDS TO DIE

JAVA NEEDS TO DIE

ADOBE NEEDS TO DI

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 09:28:43 »
PDF NEEDS TO DIE

FLASH NEEDS TO DIE

SHOCKWAVE NEEDS TO DIE

JAVA NEEDS TO DIE

ADOBE NEEDS TO DI

Whoa whoa whoa Java is a vital part of the world of technology. Leave Java out of this, it's not part of Adobe...

But yeah, Adobe sucks...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline vasouv

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 11:59:45 »
Java is awesome (and the JVM even more) and so is pdf, I think it's a fine format standard that works on every platform.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 16:09:33 »
PDF is not awesome. PDF is stupid and has no reason to exist. PDF needs to go away.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 17:10:26 »
PDF is not awesome. PDF is stupid and has no reason to exist. PDF needs to go away.

EVERYONE SHOULD USE MICROSOFT© OFFICE 97 FOR EVERYTHING.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 17:34:22 »
ADOBE READER IS FREE + COMES WITH McAFEE SECURITY FOR FREE.  SO MUCH WINZ0RZ.  WORKS WITH WINDOWNTS 7.  SO GOODEST SOFTWARE,  SHOULD BE CALLED AWESOMEWARE.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 20:17:45 »

What about Microsoft Office version 1 or 2 under Xenix?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 08:09:43 »
ADOBE READER IS FREE + COMES WITH McAFEE SECURITY FOR FREE.  SO MUCH WINZ0RZ.  WORKS WITH WINDOWNTS 7.  SO GOODEST SOFTWARE,  SHOULD BE CALLED AWESOMEWARE.

ADOBE READER IS A PIECE OF SHlT THAT HOGS UP DISK SPACE. AND I DON'T WANT NO MCAFFEE SCANNER ANYWAYS. ALL THAT STUFF JUST TAKES UP EXTRA SYSTEM RESOURCES.

AND THEN THERE'S DOCUMENTS ON THE INTERNET THAT ARE PDF'S AND THEY ALWAYS TAKE FOREVER TO DOWNLOAD SINCE THE FILE FORMAT IS SO INEFFICIENT.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 08:10:26 »

THAT WOULDN'T BE A BAD IDEA...BUT I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'LL EVER HAPPEN. BUT IF PEOPLE WOULD STOP USING PDF AND FLASH, THE WORLD WOULD DEFINITELY BE A BETTER PLACE.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 15:16:22 »
Java is awesome (and the JVM even more)

lol

BTW what abou Microsoft's Java?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 08:37:16 »
PDF... opens instantly in modern browsers. I'm sure it is not as nice, using antique software.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 07:16:56 »

IKR? Who wouldn't want a free copy of McAfee?!

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 23:03:02 »

IKR? Who wouldn't want a free copy of McAfee?!

He has cloned himself too?