Author Topic: The Battlefield 4 thread!  (Read 7590 times)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: The Battlefield 4 thread!
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 01:02:46 »
I just unlocked the 870, it seems to have range for days!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 02:00:27 »
Haha great..sniper shotgun

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 02:23:16 »
It's no different in BF3 once you have slug rounds on it. I've shot out heli pilots with that thing.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 02:28:49 »
Haha great..sniper shotgun

It's not quite BFBC2 shotties with slugs (god I loved that), but I'm guessing it's OHK up to 15 meters. Sounds the same as BF3, but since the suppression effect is changed, it's actually 15 meters

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 02:36:42 »
I wonder if they plan on keeping the RPG lock on. As an Engineer I like it but it doesn't feel right with that weapon. BC2 had the lock dart?

The IGLA is improved. Still took 3 shots to takeout a chopper but I think it was being repaired. Fires very quickly.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 04:54:17 »
I'm really curious as to how the suppression feels now. I think it's mostly for LMG's and whatnot now, like it should be.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 11:12:00 »
I can't play for more than 10 minutes without my PC hardlocking and having to hard reset.  There's no fix.  My PC is stable, it's only BF4 beta that is doing this.  It's a big bummer since the BF series of games are my favorite.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 11:13:50 »
I can't play for more than 10 minutes without my PC hardlocking and having to hard reset.  There's no fix.  My PC is stable, it's only BF4 beta that is doing this.  It's a big bummer since the BF series of games are my favorite.

I've had crashes or lock ups, but I just ctrl + alt + delete and end the process in the task manager. I've never had to hard reboot or reset.

That really sucks dude!

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:06:25 »
Sorry to hear that Akimbo =/

I read the servers went down. Doubt they changed anything but fingers crossed.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:11:03 »

this happens if you have rebound keys apparently, they are working on it, if you havent rebound anything though then that suck
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:14:35 »
If you rebind the jet keys that buggers you completely (for anyone whos about to play)

My frames have just buggered off somewhere :'(

Was getting 45 FPS 2 days ago, tonight, 15>5 constantly :'(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:36:45 »
First it was running jumpy and slow (5-20FPS @ Low), the latest beta-drivers fixed that (60FPS+ @ High), but now I get random game crashes -_-
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:39:01 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:37:59 »
Btw, is there a way to disable the "hold crouch -> prone" mechanic? I hate it!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:40:28 »

this happens if you have rebound keys apparently, they are working on it, if you havent rebound anything though then that suck

Good to know thank you! I reassigned several keys because I'm playing on a hhkb.  I'll switch the keys back to default and see if the problem persists.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 12:42:31 »

Yeah controls > change hold to toggle
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 13:29:13 »

Good to know thank you! I reassigned several keys because I'm playing on a hhkb.  I'll switch the keys back to default and see if the problem persists.

I'm still hardlocking. FML. T_T
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 16:17:49 »

Yeah controls > change hold to toggle

Thanks, found it...
It was: Settings -> Key-Bindings -> Set from "crouch" to "crouch toggle"

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 23:02:16 »
Here's a look at the 870 with the "duckbill" attachment

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 06:31:49 »
Nice pic. And yall won!

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 20:22:36 »
today I started getting floating objects and people with blue arms.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 20:30:43 »
I think it's pretty good for a beta, not as many problems as the Battlefield 3 beta. The game sucks you in a bit more than BF3, and the sound effects are superb. I like the little tweaks they made to it. The weapons sound fantastic. I think the finished result will be yet another great success for DICE.

Just not a lot of things beat full on Conquest with choppers, tanks and infantry all over the place. And the Siege map is really good, too.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 20:35:40 »
The sound is really good. The tanks and vehicles look great. Saw a tank jump over a car while in reverse and it looked pretty damn cool.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 23:26:10 »
How do I unlock the ACW-R in the beta?

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 00:22:22 »

You play as the Engineer till you have enough score to unlock the AK 5C, then you use the AK 5C for enough points to unlock the ACW-R. Its a bit of a convoluted system.

Just played the Beta with the normal people. And I still feel that there are some lag issues to get worked out, though its not as bad as BF3 when you get around a corner and get shot by a guy from an impossible angle.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:29:03 »

You play as the Engineer till you have enough score to unlock the AK 5C, then you use the AK 5C for enough points to unlock the ACW-R. Its a bit of a convoluted system.

Just played the Beta with the normal people. And I still feel that there are some lag issues to get worked out, though its not as bad as BF3 when you get around a corner and get shot by a guy from an impossible angle.

Client side hit registration; deal with it :P Can't fix that

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 00:01:48 »
I don't know, I personally don't have any major complaints about it thus far. I'm having quite a bit of fun!

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 05:59:01 »
Same here. Much better than the BF3 beta if you ask me. Only thing I don't really like is the new killcam with the orange silhouettes.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 06:30:04 »
I'm enjoying it too. And agree on the killcam.It's fun as hell driving that gun boat!

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 06:42:26 »
And I like how the .50 cal on the tank doesn't feel like a water gun anymore. Takes people down pretty quickly. In BF3 it took like 10 shots to kill a guy with it.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 05:18:13 »
So, I finished the solo campaign...
Overall it was fun, but the script was hideous imo. You wonder how many catastrophes one can run into in just some days, and survive.
To me the live of John McLane seems more believable. Anyway, the design guys did a great job, every scene of the game seems carefully composed and looks great!

The multiplayer on the other hand seems to be a endless cycle of: Search servers -> Find only servers with 1 or 2 free slots -> Join server with 2 free slots -> Loading -> Server full -> Search servers -> Find only servers with 1 or 2 free slots -> Join server with 2 free slots -> Loading -> Server full -> Search servers -> Find only servers with 1 or 2 free slots -> Join server with 2 free slots -> Loading -> Get in the game -> Play for 5 - 10 minutes -> Loosing connection to the server -> Loop repeat... Managed to progress to level 8 so far, but without the server crashes it would be level 20 I guess, &$^()$@ gah!

There are also a lot of small bugs, like in one level most of the sound effects are missing.
Well, let's wait a week or two and see if they fix that mess :/
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 November 2013, 07:22:31 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline muad

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 11:59:37 »
I currently have a 30% quit ratio from CTD, I have yet to actually quit a game...

Offline mauri

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 12:50:04 »
RIP Pac ~~

I was expecting a third option to appear and I would get to put the charge in the ship but nope :(
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:06:45 »
I'm liking it so far, except for a few things.

1. The game feels mushy somehow, not crisp like it was in the previous titles.
2. The sound problem.
3. No squad lobby.

Other than that, Obliteration is an awesome game mode, now my favorite, even more than Conquest.

Offline calavera

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:14:29 »
Single player was okay, nothing to write home about. Too short and not enough story to actually start caring for the player though. Recker could be anyone really.

Multiplayer is still ridden with small annoying bugs. Which sadly has become the norm with any new release these days. Sound cutting, fps stutter/rubberbanding...etc.
No doubt it will be fixed in the upcoming patches but it's still annoying as ****.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 16:01:52 »
My only real issue with the multiplayer was the client crashing quite a few times and 64 player games being laggy. Other than that, the game feels nice.

The SP was so boring and the ONLY reason I played it was to get the gun unlocks. I wish everything was skipable other than the gun fights, because I was often alt-tabbed out and checking GH.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 08:13:31 »
Sigh, I think I will have to play through the campaign as well, as I want the REX.

Clever of DICE to do that though, or I doubt many people would even bother with the single player.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:50:02 »
So why does my FPS counter in EVGA precision X not work? I can't take screen shots.
What is the console command for fps. In BF3 it was render.drawfps 1. I can't seem to find it on BF4. :mad:

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:59:54 »
Yeah it is smart of them as I had no plans on playing single player. The crashes were driving me crazy over the weekend.
But i'm enjoying it when I can play. Sorta got addicted to Commander mode as I knew I would.
The emblem icons in the gold battlepacks are frustrating.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 14:02:40 »
I was thinking of gettin this! looks promising!