Author Topic: DHL is awful.  (Read 4443 times)

Offline abdulmuhsee

DHL is awful.
« on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 13:58:22 »
So I ordered various parts to set up a new computer for the wife, all of which arrived normally via USPS, FedEx, and UPS; I've just put it together and it's sitting in the basement.

However, I ordered a surge protector with a long cord and a tower stand two weekends ago from a seller on eBay, which he shipped via DHL.  I patiently waited the last two weeks for this run-of-the-mill package sent within the continental US, but now that the computer is together and I have nothing here long enough to plug it in from where it needs to be, I'm pissed.

The package needed to travel from Nevada to Illinois, and looking at the tracking now, I see that the only progress it has made is to Compton, California!  Not only has it not reached me, but it is actually further away than when it was shipped!

I have the day off work and was waiting to surprise the wife with her new computer when she got home, but now I'm going to have to hide it somewhere and we'll just sit here all weekend while the package sits in California.  You suck, DHL.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: DHL is awful.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 13:59:46 »
Something just doesn't seem quite right about that.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:01:35 »
Which of their services did he use?

DHL express is by far the best easily available courier service, period. My parents order stuff wholesale from america very, very often. Arrives (packages are usually worth $2000+ so customs are always involved) in 2 days every time.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:03:42 »

DHL express is by far the best easily available courier service, period. My parents order stuff wholesale from america very, very often. Arrives (packages are usually worth $2000+ so customs are always involved) in 2 days every time.

"SM Parcel Express".  Their infrastructure for shipping within America may well be very different than shipping from America.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:09:47 »

"SM Parcel Express".  Their infrastructure for shipping within America may well be very different than shipping from America.

Sounds like one of those where they send their stuff by DHL to the post office and they take it from there.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:11:45 »
Sounds like one of those where they send their stuff by DHL to the post office and they take it from there.
Yeah, doesn't sound like DHLs main service.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Neebio

• Dance Master
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:56:40 »
I dislike DHL.  They mark up customs like crazy on international orders, and they don't tell you why.  Pretty sure they charge something along the lines of a $10 customs processing fee or something.
RK9000RE w/ Raindrop & DDR arrow keys
Cherry G80-11900LUMEU-2 w/ Red/Black SA keys

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 15:41:57 »
Got my last keyboard through them, never again.
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 15:49:36 »
I got a shipment from China via DHL.  Came in a couple of days.  I think they lost your package dude.  Have you called them?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 15:51:29 »
I regularly see that with UPS. They don't always send your package through the shortest route, but the most cost-effective one.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 15:52:56 »
Well I'll tell you why you didn't get it. It's in Compton. You'll never get it. It's gone for good man.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 07:33:56 »
Alright, so while it's been "Processed" in Compton for eons, it just showed up on the tracking this morning as "Ready for Transport to USPS."  I hope it gets into the government's hands sooner rather than later, because then I know I'll be getting it in a timely fashion from there.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 07:42:30 »
Alright, so while it's been "Processed" in Compton for eons, it just showed up on the tracking this morning as "Ready for Transport to USPS." I hope it gets into the government's hands sooner rather than later, because then I know I'll be getting it in a timely fashion from there.

That made me lol  :))

USPS is all over the place with reliability and quickness for me.

I've had things arrive almost next day sent first class and some priority stuff take over a week in the same state. Some days the tracking doesn't update until the end of the day and I get like 5 notifications for a package that was delivered. Most of the time I'll have packages go 2 or 3 days with no update then either they show up at my home or they finally register at some random hub.

I even had an ebay purchase that was scanned as delivered on the same day I purchased it. It finally came a week later.  ::)

maybe you were being sarcastic   :p

Offline ijprest

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 10:58:41 »
I dislike DHL.  They mark up customs like crazy on international orders, and they don't tell you why.  Pretty sure they charge something along the lines of a $10 customs processing fee or something.

Yes, they do... at least when importing into Canada.  But it's better than UPS and FedEx, which regularly charge $30+ for the same service. 

I got a UPS package on Monday (from the US to Canada)... declared value:  $50.  Taxes owing:  $6.50.  UPS charges:  $33. 

****ers.