Author Topic: Looking for a White KB  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Bells

Looking for a White KB
« on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:05:00 »
Hi guys, as the topic might tell you i'm looking for a white keyboard.
Any suggestions?
Preferably in the MX switch
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
Re: Looking for a White KB
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:17:39 »
I remember these ones, but there are more.

Filco
Key Cool
Leopold
Noppoo

Offline Bells

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:30:31 »
Tanks dude :)
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:33:56 »
Although now that I've seen you're from Denmark you have to check for ISO layout, if you use it :)

Offline Bells

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:47:06 »
I got a Ducky i bought in Taiwan, and it's my current KB, i am fine with whatever you guys recommend :)
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline mauri

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:51:32 »
that's jsut racist
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Bells

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:54:30 »
I'm sorry if your Keyboard feel offended.. :(
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline Bells

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:58:21 »
Or is anyone willing to sell Ducky Year of the Rabbit? :)
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:17:25 »
A few things to keep in mind:

Filco:  It's actually beige, not pure white.  But it's also the highest quality one amongst that bunch.  Personally I own one and like it just beware of color matching later when buying custom keycaps.

Leopold:  They have the tendency to use spacebar with weird stem location that doesn't match most common sets.  Some custom sets have extra stems so it's fine, but sometimes you'll run into spacebars that doesn't fit.

Keycool/Noppoo:  No experience with these, no clue.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Bells

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:26:05 »
Thanks for sharing your experience mate! i really appreciate it since i only got Ducky keyboards, this leaves me a little skeptical when i have to buy new keybords :i
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:32:31 »

Filco:  It's actually beige, not pure white.  But it's also the highest quality one amongst that bunch.  Personally I own one and like it just beware of color matching later when buying custom keycaps.

Does the beige Filco match well with the GMK two tone black on beige/white?  I haven't found any pictures of this particular combo since I may pick up a second Filco. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:40:04 »
Do you need red or black? If you like blues too you can buy mine. I'll let you have it for like $100 + shipping.  It's a brand new white Filco Ninja TKL with MX Blue.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:43:31 by goobus »

Offline Bells

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:45:19 »
I'm a Semi-pro Sc2 player, i got blacks now, but i would literally like to try a blue one i've heard from my friends they are the best :)

EDIT: not the best, but good!
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:48:19 by Bells »
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline gnubag

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:48:08 »
i would literally like to try a blue one i've heard from my friends they are the best :)

l0l

Offline Bells

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:49:49 »
i would literally like to try a blue one i've heard from my friends they are the best :)

l0l

I was editing as you wrote :(
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:54:30 »
Leopold FC700R also comes in White. 700R comes with PBT caps too, which many people like.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:57:21 »
Leopold FC700R also comes in White. 700R comes with PBT caps too, which many people like.

The FC700R is an awesome board.  I have one with Browns and the it feels soooo smooth.  It's actually the favorite board I own right now, probably until I complete my KMAC.  Highly recommend!  Although I'm not sure where you'd get one...I think HendyZone stocks them but he's out of stock for browns.  It is also real white unlike the Filco ugly beige.

Offline Bells

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:58:22 »
Leopold FC700R also comes in White. 700R comes with PBT caps too

Got any links mate? :)
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:59:40 »
I'm a Semi-pro Sc2 player, i got blacks now, but i would literally like to try a blue one i've heard from my friends they are the best :)

EDIT: not the best, but good!

Blues aren't the best for SC2 tbh.  I used to play SC2 quite competitively as well at high masters level and blues just never did it for me.  The weird actuation point just makes it harder to double tap and stuff.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:00:28 »
Leopold FC700R also comes in White. 700R comes with PBT caps too

Got any links mate? :)

I also own a 700R like goobus (Graphite color with MX Blues) and I'm a big fan. I wrote a review on it if you or anyone else is interested in my thoughts on the board. HendyZone has some for sale in the Classifieds last I checked. Pictures can be found in my review as well.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:01:42 »

Offline Bells

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:03:51 »
Well if you're or were in the same situation as me, what switch would you prefer? :)
I read about the brown being excellent.
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline Bells

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:07:46 »
Omg, the camo majestouch is cool too
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:07:50 »
Well if you have the opportunity to try it would be great! Im pretty sure you have Media Markt and thats a good source for testing switches! If you cant, I would recommend blues!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:08:24 »
Omg, the camo majestouch is cool too
For the first month! :confused:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Bells

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:11:34 »
Okay :)
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:20:24 »
Well if you're or were in the same situation as me, what switch would you prefer? :)

If you ask 10 GHers what switches they like, I bet you'll get like 8 different answers. It's all personal preference. Best way to figure it out is to try some if you can. My personal preference for MX is a tie between Whites, Greens, and Blues.

Offline Bells

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:29:13 »

If you ask 10 GHers what switches they like, I bet you'll get like 8 different answers. It's all personal preference. Best way to figure it out is to try some if you can. My personal preference for MX is a tie between Whites, Greens, and Blues.

Alright mate :)
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:30:26 »

If you're using blacks and you're happy with them then you can consider some of the stiffer switches that have some tactile/clicky feedback like clears, whites, and greens.

Offline Bells

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:34:05 »

If you're using blacks and you're happy with them then you can consider some of the stiffer switches that have some tactile/clicky feedback like clears, whites, and greens.

That could be an idea, i might just step by the local gamestop or something to try some keyboards :)
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 16:34:03 »
KeyCool white is whiter than white - not off-white at all.

There are reviews of a few of these in the reviews section.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 22:16:23 »
KeyCool white is whiter than white - not off-white at all.

There are reviews of a few of these in the reviews section.
Yep, I ahve the KC 87 MX Brown with white case and white PBT key caps and it's plain white, not off-white or close to white....it's white!

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 22:45:30 »

That could be an idea, i might just step by the local gamestop or something to try some keyboards :)

I think the QFR comes in greens, but not sure where you'd find clear or white switches to try at all! I think one of the Ducky boards also comes in dark grey switches, which are like black but stiffer.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2013, 22:47:20 by goobus »

Offline Bells

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 18:32:03 »
Any Links to the Keycool KB you have there? :)
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 19:21:07 »
Any Links to the Keycool KB you have there? :)

I got mine from qtan: http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/

Doesn't look like he has any in stock at the moment, but you can PM him and ask.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 20:02:53 »

If you'd like a Clear board, qtan (keyboardwow.com) sells a Leopold compact layout (65%, I think), for $120; White boards are rare, but you could get a Vortex Race with whites, however, wherever I look they're all sold out.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 02:00:23 »
http://www.banggood.com/Keycool-87-White-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Clear-Switch-p-89115.html

Banggood has KC 87 in MX Clear, but let me warn you, their free shipping takes about a month.

Also check out keyboardco.com. They have a huge selection of Filcos.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 October 2013, 02:02:30 by goobus »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 04:02:01 »
http://www.banggood.com/Keycool-87-White-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Clear-Switch-p-89115.html

Banggood has KC 87 in MX Clear, but let me warn you, their free shipping takes about a month.

It also says "Sold Out Currently!" :(

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 04:32:34 »

It also says "Sold Out Currently!" :(

:( sorry didn't see!

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 04:46:34 »
white hhkb

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 05:01:20 »
white hhkb

In that case you could very well say Model M!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 06:11:09 »
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/wasd-sampler-kit.html

Try this before you move on to what you want next, if you don't know about switches. You're probably better off going with the No Keycaps option, unless you can do something with them or actually want them.

Offline Bells

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:07:00 »

Try this before you move on to what you want next, if you don't know about switches. You're probably better off going with the No Keycaps option, unless you can do something with them or actually want them.

Is WASD any good? :)
I am a virgin when it comes to KB's
Ducky Shine 2 MX Blacks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 17:12:14 »

Is WASD any good? :)
I am a virgin when it comes to KB's

WASD are generally very good, yes.  Although some disparage their keycaps.

WASD also has a vendor forum here for more direct contact.