Author Topic: Ducky Thick OEM Profile PBT Keycaps  (Read 4746 times)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Ducky Thick OEM Profile PBT Keycaps
« on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 22:40:57 »
I remember everyone was talking about it before it came out and Ducky really advertised on it.  Then we don't even hear about it anymore after it comes out.

What happened?  I'd assume it would be a popular buy but lately I have not heard anyone talk about it.

Anyone who have used it care to share their experience?

Though I think one of their biggest downfall is probably their color choice.  Would probably sell better if they have all white or something.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Lu_e

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
Re: Ducky Thick OEM Profile PBT Keycaps
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 05:20:08 »
I thought he meant these: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=470

I kinda like the color choice. They also have dark gray and a blue/gray mix. Unless you're talking about a separate keyset that doesn't come with a board.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 06:46:32 »
I'm thinking the only way to get the thick pbt caps was to buy the entire keyboard they came on, unless you get them from someone on ebay who split it up.

There have been some reviews of those keyboards and the key caps.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 23:47:55 »
lol yeah that's the one.  I read up on one review and the feedback seems to be very positive.

But I find overall they're still not as popular as I thought they would be.  Too bad they don't sell just the keycaps otherwise I'm actually very interested in trying it.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 00:48:15 »
me2  :D

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 23:24:45 »
lol yeah that's the one.  I read up on one review and the feedback seems to be very positive.

But I find overall they're still not as popular as I thought they would be.  Too bad they don't sell just the keycaps otherwise I'm actually very interested in trying it.

well they are sold out. ducky's distribution channel isn't that good here in the US anyways

if they have TKL version with thick PBT on amazon.com for $150, i would imagine they would sell like hot cakes like the code keyboard
QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 01:00:37 »
Yikes i really need those on my boards

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Hyde

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 10:11:43 »
Yeah and I was planning to get the Vortex Double Shot PBT instead but the color I want was out of stock.

My journey to find the perfect Thick PBT OEM Profile keycaps continues...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 10:13:39 »
Yeah and I was planning to get the Vortex Double Shot PBT instead but the color I want was out of stock.

Where you wanting the blue ones?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 19:16:53 »
Even that Aussie reseller is having trouble getting hold of them.  Their latest update indicates that a box of keycaps was missing before it shipped from Hong Kong.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hyde

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:31:55 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48932.0

This one except blue is out of stock.  :(

Even that Aussie reseller is having trouble getting hold of them.  Their latest update indicates that a box of keycaps was missing before it shipped from Hong Kong.

Ah so it's an issue everywhere eh?  That sux....  >_____>

Vortext need to make more of those, or even better make a full set of their new ones like these.

EDIT:  Looks like there's hope if they release more colors later.  But for now there's CCnP.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:36:23 by Hyde »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 15:58:27 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48932.0

This one except blue is out of stock.  :(

Ah so it's an issue everywhere eh?  That sux....  >_____>

Vortext need to make more of those, or even better make a full set of their new ones like these.

EDIT:  Looks like there's hope if they release more colors later.  But for now there's CCnP.

CCnP?  Looks like white and pink.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ