Author Topic: [LF] A plea to GH for an MX Clack at cost  (Read 18741 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • comfortably numb
Re: [LF] A plea to GH for an MX Clack at cost
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 20:19:57 »
The current clack after market and nature of acquiring clacks is why I am tossing up my hands and giving up on them essentially. I don't need an unhealthy obsession with anything in my life so unless something changes or the culture shifts I will take what luck gives with a  smile and shrug off everything else.

Same here, but instead of giving up on clacks, I'm giving up on GH.

I've met some amazing people here, but GH has become just a selling forums where others take advantage of each other with lessening sense of community or being straight up *******s. I'll just be here to lurk and sell stuff since that's what GH has become to me.

Good night sweet price!

Don't you even joke like that.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 20:22:35 »
The current clack after market and nature of acquiring clacks is why I am tossing up my hands and giving up on them essentially. I don't need an unhealthy obsession with anything in my life so unless something changes or the culture shifts I will take what luck gives with a  smile and shrug off everything else.

I've met some amazing people here, but GH has become just a selling forums where others take advantage of each other with lessening sense of community or being straight up *******s. I'll just be here to lurk and sell stuff since that's what GH has become to me.

Good night sweet price!

I'm really not. I got a tinsaver, my dream board so it's time to set sails to green pastures (sailing to a grassland.. huehuehue). I'll still be here to run plate buys and sell wood/other stuff, but I just don't see a community here anymore.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 20:26:22 »

Good night sweet price!

I'm really not. I got a tinsaver, my dream board so it's time to set sails to green pastures (sailing to a grassland.. huehuehue). I'll still be here to run plate buys and sell wood/other stuff, but I just don't see a community here anymore.

:'(

It saddens me to see good members giving up on the community because of profiteers.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 20:27:23 »

Good night sweet price!

That really sucks, you've been a champion of this community for so long it's going to seem just a bit more empty without you popping into threads :(
I get what you're saying though, a lot has changed recently with the influx of new blood, but it's up to members like you to help set that GH vibe, and eventually people will fall into their places. At lest I hope so. Plus there are plenty of new members who are already making lovely contributions to the community, just gotta give it some time and faith.

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:01:01 »
Art is made to be enjoyed. The fact that a CC is going to someone who clearly appreciates them is a positive thing. It's just a guess, but I would think ClickClack, as the artist, would find this more satisfying than people fighting over his work.

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:17:03 »
Kmiller's burned Mint Gum Clack.

oh god why

how
Oh, just on purpose. Because.

I did ask him to do it.
Sacrilege. Like using The Ark of the Covenant as a port-a-potty! Someone should swallow a clack then pass it and resell it. Because someone would still buy it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:19:07 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:18:27 »
Art is made to be enjoyed. The fact that a CC is going to someone who clearly appreciates them is a positive thing. It's just a guess, but I would think ClickClack, as the artist, would find this more satisfying than people fighting over his work.

+1
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:18:56 »
Kmiller's burned Mint Gum Clack.

oh god why

how
Oh, just on purpose. Because.

Sacrilege. Like using The Ark of the Covenant as a port-a-potty! Someone should swallow a clack then pass it and resell it. Because someone would still buy it.

I did ask him to do it.

Didn't the ark melt all that looked at it when it was open?

Offline tbc

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:40:35 »

^THIS

going back to keyboards for probably a year before bidding on another clack again.  might trade; will definitely try win raffles.

EDIT:

jeeze....that mint gumclack picture is disturbing; i could never do that to mine... :(
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 22:08:39 »
Wait a minute I just realized this

I traded you my Mint Gum for a Hack Orange a few months ago, kmiller

Was my Mint Gum a star?

It was the brightest star Comrade, be proud.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 22:14:26 »

those that burn the brightest, burn out the quickest, rip in peace

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 22:17:47 »
Wait a minute I just realized this

I traded you my Mint Gum for a Hack Orange a few months ago, kmiller

Was my Mint Gum a star?

I'm honored, 10/10 would trade again

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 22:19:28 »
good luck bro....maybe your unlucky streak will be over soon  :-*

Offline rurushu

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 22:40:33 »
i feel you bro, i really do.... my first clack was from CC himself also, since I've failed countless times... including the Gummyrot ones...  :'( :'(

anyway, congrats!

Offline Blazed

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 22:55:16 »

those that burn the brightest, burn out the quickest, rip in peace

then there are some that cry on youtube.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 00:18:40 »
Watch this video and swap "I ate your candy" with "I stole your clack" or "you didn't win a clack" and have a good chuckle.

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 01:14:27 »
Watch this video and swap "I ate your candy" with "I stole your clack" or "you didn't win a clack" and have a good chuckle.

aww that girl at 2:30 made me so sad.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 04:02:10 »

Lol. watched that already but I really do love Jimmy Kimmel
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 04:52:13 »
These threads seem to work, maybe I should try ;) :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 05:01:15 »
On one hand, I am happy that you might be getting a clack of your choice now.(isn't getting 1 already more than enough?)

on the other hand, I worry that this might have started something. I would hope not to login tomorrow and see many threads begging for clacks.

(i'm a culprit of clack begging myself, but since I've won one this time, I think it's good enough for me.)

ggwp!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 07:02:37 »
These threads seem to work, maybe I should try ;) :))

Let's up the game rowdy, I've never owned a korean custom :(

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 07:32:41 »
Have I started a new tread at GH? A trend where Clacks can be obtained for reasonable prices, just by asking for them?

Wonder if it'll catch on...

GZ turtle on obtaining a Clack for cheaps!
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:29:29 »
Its no trend. And its not something you started. Its been done before. The problem is in the end you're not getting one you really appreciate when its just a random one. You're going to have it for a bit and then realize you don't want this one, you wanted that one. Now what? You have a clack you don't want, but what do you do with it? You can't sell it or trade it without looking like a ****. Is it just for the sake of getting one at cost, regardless of what it is or whether you like it? I just don't see the reasoning in that.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:34:42 »
Its no trend. And its not something you started. Its been done before. The problem is in the end you're not getting one you really appreciate when its just a random one. You're going to have it for a bit and then realize you don't want this one, you wanted that one. Now what? You have a clack you don't want, but what do you do with it? You can't sell it or trade it without looking like a ****. Is it just for the sake of getting one at cost, regardless of what it is or whether you like it? I just don't see the reasoning in that.

in this specific case i gave the op some options, and he is getting one he really wants

this was someone who has always been nice to me, and his reasoning and situation was very specific to me and i wanted to hook him up, this wasnt just a random post i responded to, he in turn forcfully has bought me a bottle of scotch, i denied it twice but wasnt gonna insult the man by denying his request a third time

i think this sorta post is really only gonna work for genuine people who are active or invested in the community, if any of the people i consider friends had posted this, i woulda hooked them up, i have gone out of my way on numerous occasions behind closed doors to get people the clack they wanted
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:44:30 »

in this specific case i gave the op some options, and he is getting one he really wants

this was someone who has always been nice to me, and his reasoning and situation was very specific to me and i wanted to hook him up, this wasnt just a random post i responded to, he in turn forcfully has bought me a bottle of scotch, i denied it twice but wasnt gonna insult the man by denying his request a third time

i think this sorta post is really only gonna work for genuine people who are active or invested in the community, if any of the people i consider friends had posted this, i woulda hooked them up, i have gone out of my way on numerous occasions behind closed doors to get people the clack they wanted
I am on the edge to start crying because of your kindness good sir! As i said multiple time our community needs more ppl like you!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:45:31 »
I'm glad the OP is getting a clack. Un-coerced altruism is a beautiful thing.  :)
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:45:54 »
I do agree with you on some points, Bunny. But the topic is "any ol' clack, just so long as I'm not spending hundreds on it..." If it hadn't been you who did this for him and some other person, he'd have ended up with a HO or a 3D or POSSIBLY a Mint Gum. Would he have been satisfied with that clack in particular? For a lot of people, I doubt it. Maybe its just the thrill of not paying a lot?

But let's be real: no one is going to give someone an OG Tricolor in a situation like this. I'm just curious as to why its such a big deal to try to get one, ANY ONE, at cost...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:47:45 »
But let's be real: no one is going to give someone an OG Tricolor in a situation like this. I'm just curious as to why its such a big deal to try to get one, ANY ONE, at cost...

^^ In case someone does just want to give away an OG Tricolor I will take it and give a clack away in return :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:54:48 by SpAmRaY »

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:50:16 »
I do agree with you on some points, Bunny. But the topic is "any ol' clack, just so long as I'm not spending hundreds on it..." If it hadn't been you who did this for him and some other person, he'd have ended up with a HO or a 3D or POSSIBLY a Mint Gum. Would he have been satisfied with that clack in particular? For a lot of people, I doubt it. Maybe its just the thrill of not paying a lot?

I don't see why he won't be happy with it. For instance i LOVE the brobot caps and sadly i know that i will never be able to afford any of them, but still if (theoretically) someday i get any color BB i will ****ing love it no matter what. Maybe it is just me but in this case i really don't see why anybody wont like something he is trying to get so hard.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:52:46 »

i cant speak for the OP, but i can speak from personal experience, but the clacks the were given to me by people, ahem moose, are the ones i like the most

i had to let some of my collection go when my wife lost her job a while ago, but the ones that will never leave me either i was given, or someone was kind enough to give me them at cost, im not gonna go into what i think is right or wrong for the community with all these auctions and sales thread right now, but i personally wouldnt feel comfortable profiting from someone elses generosity, i also understand im more sentimental than most and rules i apply to myself i shouldnt apply to others

there have been several cases where i have given a clack of my own, or bought someone a clack i know they wanted, only to see it turn up in the classifieds shortly after, im confident that wont be the case this time, and these people dont put me off hooking up other people, they just put me off the person i helped

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:54:10 »

I don't see why he won't be happy with it. For instance i LOVE the brobot caps and sadly i know that i will never be able to afford any of them, but still if (theoretically) someday i get any color BB i will ****ing love it no matter what. Maybe it is just me but in this case i really don't see why anybody wont like something he is trying to get so hard.

ill give you a brobot sir

the board im giving you isnt quite ready yet, but i still have that yellow hapster for you a couple other bits

shoot me your address now ill send em out recorded on saturday

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:55:19 »
GGBL
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:00:13 »
I don't question your kindness, Bunny. Believe you me, I don't question that. And I don't question noisyturtle's resolve to not try to sell or trade it. I only question he thought process and the purpose behind trying to get any random clack, desire of that particular one aside, for cost.

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:00:49 »

the board im giving you isnt quite ready yet, but i still have that yellow hapster for you a couple other bits

I don't believe what i am reading... Bunny why do you make me cry at work ;(

I will PM you when i get back home. OMG i am speechless right now. I can't believe that Bunny is gonna give me away my two favorite caps - hapster as doubleshot cap and brobot as custom made cap (if i can call it like this?). Anyway i will PM you later as i said and i will be especially looking in how can i return the favor  :'(

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:01:42 »
Bunny is awesome. Moose is just jealous because he's not the center of attention here.  Nobody else here seems to have a problem with this but him...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:02:12 »

I don't believe what i am reading... Bunny why do you make me cry at work ;(

I will PM you when i get back home. OMG i am speechless right now. I can't believe that Bunny is gonna give me away my two favorite caps - hapster as doubleshot cap and brobot as custom made cap (if i can call it like this?). Anyway i will PM you later as i said and i will be especially looking in how can i return the favor  :'(

no need to return the favor sir

when you pm me gimme a list of a few colors that you like, ill do my best to accommodate it as close as possible

Offline Blazed

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:02:37 »
Bunny is awesome. Moose is just jealous because he's not the center of attention here.  Nobody else here seems to have a problem with this but him...

mad because he had to drop 400 dollars on a clack me thinks.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:04:38 »

people like moose, jd and ekw are the reason i do things like this, the credit should go to them more than me

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:07:02 »

moose wouldnt be mad about dropping money on anything, he wanted something more than he wanted that amount of money, and he went ahead and did it, and im sure he hasnt thought about it since

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:09:13 »
I'm not jealous at all, and CLiB, you're an idiot for thinking so. I don't care about spending anything I want to around here, and I don't care if people get things for free or cheap. None of this bothers me. I was only ****ing curious. But now I see that most of you people are ****ing just downright stupid and can't read my ****ing question. Have fun with that.

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:09:25 »

people like moose, jd and ekw are the reason i do things like this, the credit should go to them more than me
Not sure if this is troll or not but i feel that it is super mega inappropriate to say that moose is doing what he is doing just to be center of attention. As far as i know this guys he is just as awesome as Bunny and i truly believe that he is saying all this stuff just because this is a concern to him and he is just wanting answers. So as Bunny said without the ppl that he mentioned this community wouldn't be even close to what it is right now. Just my 2 cents here.

Offline Blazed

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:09:37 »

moose wouldnt be mad about dropping money on anything, he wanted something more than he wanted that amount of money, and he went ahead and did it, and im sure he hasnt thought about it since

I only question he thought process and the purpose behind trying to get any random clack, desire of that particular one aside, for cost

Sounds like 'I can't believe people should get a nice clack at cost, they should have to pay like I did'.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 09:16:53 »
I'm not jealous at all, and CLiB, you're an idiot for thinking so. I don't care about spending anything I want to around here, and I don't care if people get things for free or cheap. None of this bothers me. I was only ****ing curious. But now I see that most of you people are ****ing just downright stupid and can't read my ****ing question. Have fun with that.

Maybe if you worded your posts better it wouldn't look like you're criticizing people.  They way I read your posts, you appeared to be getting frustrated/hostile towards people who are doing stuff like this.  If this wasn't your intention, then I apologize. But still, word your posts better so we don't keep doing this in the future...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 10:06:54 »
I only question he thought process and the purpose behind trying to get any random clack, desire of that particular one aside, for cost

Sounds like 'I can't believe people should get a nice clack at cost, they should have to pay like I did'.

It actually sounds like what I meant, but you're obviously too daft to understand. This is what I'm saying, example:

Linkbane really wants an Oktoberfest. He knows what he wants. He doesn't want to spend so much on one. Either he can't or he won't. His choice, and I don't care about that. But he has a desire to own one in particular.

This type of scenario (and I never even meant to point fingers in any manner; just the situation) says give me any one, I don't care. I just don't want to spend more than cost. Now, I understand people not wanting to spend more than cost. ****, who wants to spend money on something they can get for free or very cheap?

But any random one? This is what I don't understand. That's all.

I wanted to give you guys a brief glimpse of my curiosity. I don't care about the answer anymore, so don't feel like you even need to respond.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 10:21:09 »
Since y'all are some giving mofos I'll take a white hhkb thanks.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 10:21:48 »
to be fair i kinda see the angle moose is talking about
turtle originally just asked for any CC, he specified he would like one of his dream CC, but he'd take any CC.

I dunno, it just seems a bit meh to me to be begging for any CC to be sold to him cheap.
Like "i want this, but i'll settle for wahtever you're willing to give me for cheap"

What if it was the KMiller melted mint gum?  Technically a CC but you know, melted lol
Or if it was say like moose example a MX Hack Orange?
From the way people post, the Hack Orange is prob one of the least desirable CC's on the market, even less than Factory seconds
personally i liked my H.O., but i traded it for something i really wanted, an Oktoberfest
Does Turtle have an obligation to keep the CC because he got it with his story?  Is he never allowed to sell it even at cost?

I dunno, posts like these sometimes makes me worry they set a precedent, just look at a few months back with all the sob stories selling threads.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 10:23:21 »
This type of scenario (and I never even meant to point fingers in any manner; just the situation) says give me any one, I don't care. I just don't want to spend more than cost. Now, I understand people not wanting to spend more than cost. ****, who wants to spend money on something they can get for free or very cheap?

But any random one? This is what I don't understand. That's all.

I'm going to answer you, because I see why he would do it. And if you get mad about it, then we can go fisticuffs when we next meet.

It's my opinion that someone would ask for any ol' Clack at cost because: a) they like Clacks, and of course have preferences, but really just want to have one, ANY one; and b) they refuse to pay more than retail because they refuse to perpetuate the profiteering from inflation that is currently the norm.

So, there you go, bro. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 10:23:38 »
to be fair i kinda see the angle moose is talking about
turtle originally just asked for any CC, he specified he would like one of his dream CC, but he'd take any CC.

I dunno, it just seems a bit meh to me to be begging for any CC to be sold to him cheap.
Like "i want this, but i'll settle for wahtever you're willing to give me for cheap"

What if it was the KMiller melted mint gum?  Technically a CC but you know, melted lol
Or if it was say like moose example a MX Hack Orange?
From the way people post, the Hack Orange is prob one of the least desirable CC's on the market, even less than Factory seconds
personally i liked my H.O., but i traded it for something i really wanted, an Oktoberfest
Does Turtle have an obligation to keep the CC because he got it with his story?  Is he never allowed to sell it even at cost?

I dunno, posts like these sometimes makes me worry they set a precedent, just look at a few months back with all the sob stories selling threads.

haha, right now an mx HO is one of my most sort after clacks, i neeeeeeeed one for my nostalgia gb, and i traded mine for a topre one a while ago

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 10:28:01 »
haha, right now an mx HO is one of my most sort after clacks, i neeeeeeeed one for my nostalgia gb, and i traded mine for a topre one a while ago

Done, sir. You would never ask for its return, but I'm doing it anyway. It will travel the ocean back to its rightful place on the Isle of Angles, along with that other thing I'm sending you.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 10:30:07 »

Done, sir. You would never ask for its return, but I'm doing it anyway. It will travel the ocean back to its rightful place on the Isle of Angles, along with that other thing I'm sending you.

i wasnt asking sir, and i typed my post before you put yours, it wasnt in response to you, i just realised how it looked after i typed it

and it looks to good in your cluster on the orange lz and i dont wanna break that up, another one will be easy to find when i put my mind to it