Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2718659 times)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Re: Brobot therapy
« Reply #900 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 06:38:53 »
Dammit just woke up and missed the sale by mins  :'(
Bro you gotta give us GMT people a chance, last thing I checked last night and first thing I checked this morning  :))

Hehe I slept in today too because of bank hols :p Nice looking bro though

woooooooooott! I got in! <3 Brobots; <333333 Bro Caps!

Congratumaltions Bel you must have a lot of them now, your ninja email sending skills are good you must teach me the ways c:

I don't mind I missed this although its an awesome looking bro, I would be super sad to miss the unicorn sale :x skittles will be here soon anyway still rolling around because of him c:

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #901 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 09:03:13 »
late agian?! oops..

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #902 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 09:12:43 »
Wait? There was a Bro sale? Son of a *****! >_<

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #903 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 09:15:49 »

:(
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #904 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 09:30:00 »

:(
I thought I read all the unread threads. Guess not :/ damn!

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #905 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 09:57:21 »
The sale was announced at 9pm PST and actual sale was 11pm PST, so unless you are outside Dustin, I'd imagine it's easy to miss it. The window was just two hour.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #906 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 10:19:02 »
The sale was announced at 9pm PST and actual sale was 11pm PST, so unless you are outside Dustin, I'd imagine it's easy to miss it. The window was just two hour.

Ohhhh ok.. Damnit I was just sitting on geekhack from like 6-9 central then went to sleep.. Not sure how I didn't see it..

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #907 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 10:22:48 »

Ohhhh ok.. Damnit I was just sitting on geekhack from like 6-9 central then went to sleep.. Not sure how I didn't see it..

9pm PST = 11pm CST. ;)
So you actually didn't see it unfortunately.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #908 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 10:25:39 »

9pm PST = 11pm CST. ;)
So you actually didn't see it unfortunately.

Ohhh I was thinking of Eastern!! Doh! :P

Oh ok, so I was sleeping! Well that makes me feel better. I was like how the hell did I miss a sale when I was on GH all damn weekend lol...

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #909 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 10:36:10 »
Sale was announced right when I was going to bed, didn't want to fall asleep at work today, maybe I should have waited...
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #910 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 11:02:26 »
I slept through. It was awesome. :D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline t2russo

« Reply #911 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 12:02:24 »
It had been a while since I tried for one of these bad boys :)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #912 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 12:06:27 »
Meh
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:01:50 by kenmai9 »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #913 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 12:22:14 »
I got in

Thanks bro!  :D

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #914 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 17:12:43 »
i´m not :(
I hope next time are more Bro Bots. I need only one :) absolutly....
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 May 2014, 17:14:41 by Toxic-i- »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #915 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 17:14:33 »
thank you GH email service

I got my email 16 hours after it ended.

1/4
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #916 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 17:15:38 »
i´m not :(

Welcome to Geekhack!

Sorry to hear that.  Stick around - you'll find that you are in the vast majority.

And in case it makes you feel any better, it was advertised in advance that there were strictly limited number of these.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #917 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:29:33 »
So how many of you that got in didn't already have a bro cap?

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #918 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:33:56 »
So how many of you that got in didn't already have a bro cap?

I have BroBots. But there were many sales where I didn't "qualify" because priority was given to the Brobot-less. So, I am not sure what you are implying :P

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #919 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:41:50 »
Not implying anything, asking a simple question for science.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #920 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:42:43 »
thank you GH email service

I got my email 16 hours after it ended.

1/4
got mine 2 minutes after the post was posted :-X

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #921 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:46:53 »
There is no science in caps sales (BB or CC). Just like the caps, they are arts - random, unpredictable.

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #922 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:55:03 »
There is no science in caps sales (BB or CC). Just like the caps, they are arts - random, unpredictable.

The science is finding the ratio of previously broless to those that already owned a bro. And it's a harmless curiosity. Stop overanalyzing.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #923 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 20:57:53 »
Ha ha , sure.. I'll stop.

But I do find it curious that there are not many who chime in to say that they got in? So far only 3? Hendy, myself and HPE. From the sale photo, there are at least 16 bros unless there are some photoshop going on in the photo.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #924 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 21:00:23 »

But I do find it curious that there are not many who chime in to say that they got in? So far only 3? Hendy, myself and HPE. From the sale photo, there are at least 16 bros unless there are some photoshop going on in the photo.
They are still in shock about getting one. I'd say they will need at least two days bed rest to recover. ;)

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #925 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 22:14:11 »
Been so busy organizing a trip, still had the chance to send email and got in!

Nice little bday surprise :)

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #926 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 23:41:36 »
Gratz Cottonsox!!!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #927 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 23:58:49 »
I got in for an MX also.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #928 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 00:19:47 »
Thanks to the extreme kindness and generosity of a true Bro, I was able to secure a Topre example of this fine craftsmanship.

I like flat square things, and BroBots in particular are perfect examples of this.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #929 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 00:23:02 »
Wow, rowdy.. I am soooo happy for you that something finally work out!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Gratz to jdcarpe as well!

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #930 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 00:48:34 »

Congratz sir :D
and Happy Birthday to you ;)

I got in for an MX also.

Congratz jd ;D

Thanks to the extreme kindness and generosity of a true Bro, I was able to secure a Topre example of this fine craftsmanship.

I like flat square things, and BroBots in particular are perfect examples of this.

wOw..
BRO is awesome as always
Congratz rowdy :p

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #931 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 00:51:13 »

Nice rowdy!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #932 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 00:58:03 »

wOw..
BRO is awesome as always
Congratz rowdy :p

Just to be clear, I have not identified the Bro in question - I don't want to rustle any jimmies.

It is someone who is kind, thoughtful and generous.  I offer deep thanks :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #933 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 01:08:43 »

That's awesome.

Congrats Rowdy.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #934 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 01:28:41 »

Congrats man! Lot of Bdays this time of year, mines on Tuesday next week!  :thumb:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #935 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 08:07:21 »
Got a shipping notice last night ;D

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline osi

« Reply #936 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 08:24:53 »
Wattt?? There was a bro sale this past Sunday??

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #937 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 08:25:56 »

Yeah - a mini sale. I missed it, too. :(
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #938 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 08:52:10 »

Yeah - a mini sale. I missed it, too. :(
Missed it as well (checking in for therapy). Will probably try to trade fro it, as it looks pretty sweet.
RETIRED

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #939 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 10:36:06 »

Whoopsie... :-[

I'm in like sin! :cool:

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #940 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 10:56:16 »
All these new brobots, mean that some of those Zombro's deserve to go to a Bro who has Zom in his name if you see what I did there. :o
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #941 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:28:19 »
ah, angry bliss!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #942 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:29:22 »
ah, angry bliss!

Loving all of those colors.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #943 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:29:51 »
Angry Summer Set! #drool

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #944 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:58:16 »
Oh man, dibs on rage red.
RETIRED

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #945 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:01:14 »
dibblez on da angwie summa seto kaiba :3

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #946 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:11:57 »
That summer set so nice, especially Yolo Yellow!

Probably going to miss those two sales, i am moving in a few days and probably no access to try buy for next couple of weeks after that!!

Goodluck all in those sales :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #947 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:02:08 »
WOW these colors rock !!!! Yellow, Orange, Purple! <3

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #948 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:03:25 »
dibblez on da angwie summa seto kaiba :3

I know.  I need that angry summer set.  Then I'll just have to find a blue V2.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #949 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:34:52 »
When does Summer start in US? Man! I really, really want that Angry Summer set. Have been looking for OOC Orange in my WTB thread for months and none available and now that I have the Topre Orange printed set, this is a great chance for me to snag one! And the yellow, orange and red - oh man, it will go hand in hand with this Clacks theme I'm building up to! Can't wait for Summer!!!!