Author Topic: (GB) RAINDROP ROUND 2 with Cherry legends (NEW UPDATE 04/09/18) please read  (Read 2312453 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: (GB) RAINDROP ROUND 2 with Cherry legends
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:11:18 »
Still don't get the hate for the new Windows logo. The old design is 13 years old and is showing it's age.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:14:00 »
aww...was happy that the capslock is padlock symbol but haz a sadding when later revised version is text. but if that's what majority of ppl want, so be it  :p
but can the winkey symbol be win8 symbol? it looks out of place with all the modern symbol surrounding it IMHO  :-X

there's no modern symbols surrounding it though; classic is the best :thumb:

I agree  :thumb:

aww...was happy that the capslock is padlock symbol but haz a sadding when later revised version is text. but if that's what majority of ppl want, so be it  :p
but can the winkey symbol be win8 symbol? it looks out of place with all the modern symbol surrounding it IMHO  :-X

also bunny, deluxe set only have 1 white 6.25 spacebar? will it have the blue 6.25 spacebar from blue mods as well?

I just fixed the mockup to include the alternate spacebar.  ;)

awesome possum cody  :thumb:
still keeping my fingers crossed for an additional padlock symbol capslocks to be added into the mockups  :)) :p

This

Offline justnits

« Reply #302 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:20:48 »
Still don't get the hate for the new Windows logo. The old design is 13 years old and is showing it's age.

Actually more like why is there so much love for the classic flag symbol.
If the keyset theme is classic cream n beige/grey style...classic flag symbol is perfect.

But on a new keyset design? It looks out of place to me :P
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #303 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:40:38 »

Actually more like why is there so much love for the classic flag symbol.
If the keyset theme is classic cream n beige/grey style...classic flag symbol is perfect.

But on a new keyset design? It looks out of place to me :P

That's the way I look at it, it doesn't bother me on my Classic Beige set but I think it would look awful with the Dolch set for instance.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 00:48:04 »
Is there an option to edit my order? I'd like to add a white ISO kit, but I can't find a way without submitting a second order and re-submit all my address info etc.

Also, why isn't the Miami Set in my order history? Was there a system change in the meantime?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 00:51:24 »
Is there an option to edit my order? I'd like to add a white ISO kit, but I can't find a way without submitting a second order and re-submit all my address info etc.

Also, why isn't the Miami Set in my order history? Was there a system change in the meantime?

Miami was indeed on an older system and the database didn't make the transition.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #306 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 06:18:47 »

submit a second order, and in the notes please place your original order number, and you will only be charged once for shipping
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 06:40:07 »
OP pics updated

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 07:06:21 »

submit a second order, and in the notes please place your original order number, and you will only be charged once for shipping

Done!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #309 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 07:07:57 »

Done!

thanks sir

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #310 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 07:58:32 »

Damn bueller, because the PAST versions of Microsoft were actual OPERATING SYSTEMS for computer's, this current version 8 and now 8.1 is for bloody useless MOBILE PHONES, that is the main difference.

For me looking at Win8 Logo is like looking at a bird dropping on the side street.  No style, just some ridiculous square sided BLOB....there I said it, couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore because all the fanatics suddenly think that 8, is the second coming...... which it aint.

DO not ever use that foul logo on any key-sets or provide at least provide 2 VERSIONS so that people (who despise win8) can choose which one to be reminded of every single day.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #311 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 10:31:48 »
I don't know that my windows 8 mobile phone running core i5.
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #312 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:04:23 »

Damn bueller, because the PAST versions of Microsoft were actual OPERATING SYSTEMS for computer's, this current version 8 and now 8.1 is for bloody useless MOBILE PHONES, that is the main difference.

For me looking at Win8 Logo is like looking at a bird dropping on the side street.  No style, just some ridiculous square sided BLOB....there I said it, couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore because all the fanatics suddenly think that 8, is the second coming...... which it aint.

DO not ever use that foul logo on any key-sets or provide at least provide 2 VERSIONS so that people (who despise win8) can choose which one to be reminded of every single day.

so the windows 8 logo that is actually "windows" is bird dropping compared to the windows 3.0~win 2000 "flag trails" to the XP/Vista/7 3D Flag?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #313 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:25:30 »
Win logo should look like this (pardon my dust):

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #314 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:27:19 »

Show Image

id be more than happy with that as a compromise

any objections?

Offline YongJK

Re: (GB) RAINDROP ROUND 2 with Cherry legends (taking orders)
« Reply #315 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:32:22 »
Something like this ?
Fine !

By the way, I am not sure about this.
But is there any possible to get 1x " star " legend ?
It will be epic.

Offline justnits

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:33:14 »
i kindly object and strongly suggest the Winkey and Capslock such as the following picture! but i still love u guys  :p
48497-0
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #317 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:33:42 »
Something like this ?
Fine !

By the way, I am not sure about this.
But is there any possible to get 1x " star " legend ?
It will be epic.

that shouldnt be an issue, i wont add it yet, but it is the sort of thing i can add in later down the line

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:39:10 »
i kindly object and strongly suggest the Winkey and Capslock such as the following picture! but i still love u guys  :p
(Attachment Link)

we wont be going with any 7bit legends on this one, i think we also need to draw a bit of a line, this is round 2, the original is a beautiful and much sort after set, and whilst we want to maintain the general aesthetic, i strongly believe it is nice to keep the original something of a collectors piece, and offering something different enough to offer something new whilst maintaining the appeal of the original set

the cherry legends are beautiful, and i think going the route we have now decided on maintains the dignity of those legends and keeps the set unified, we are keeping al lthe original novelties from round 1, and including new novelties with the deluxe edition

with something like this, it is impossible to not split opinions, even if we replicated the original set perfectly there would be people crying for cherry legends on something to make it different, i really believe we have found a balance between old and new, im sorry if you dont agree, as you can see already, we are making and have made changes based on feedback, i understand this is a set many people care about, and i am doing my best to please as many of you as i can

Offline justnits

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:52:32 »
no worries, i know u're doing ur best to find the balance that suits the community's interest as a whole.
i'm just merely doing my best in voicing out my opinion as part of the community and i'll leave it at that :)
still thankful that i can always use other novelty caps as winkey.  :p
| | | |

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 12:34:44 »

Show Image

any objections?

this looks alright actually. Will it be centered in the middle like the picture ? 
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 12:56:53 »

Show Image

I don't really like win logos in my board, but this is a very nice one. Very close to what I have in my thinkpad keyboard, which is very nice.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 13:14:57 »

Show Image

any objections?

Not bad.jpg

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 13:18:55 »
that's the XP/Vista/7 logo which is still a flag lol.
i dunno, i guess i just feel we finally have a logo that's not a flag, but people refuse to use think about it.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 13:40:54 »
i dunno, i guess i just feel we finally have a logo that's not a flag, but people refuse to use think about it.

What do you have against flags?
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 December 2013, 13:45:26 by kenmai9 »

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 15:16:11 »

What do you have against flags?

nothing, but your company's name is Windows
why's your logo a flag lol?

You don't see Apple's logo a Banana

In all honesty, im fine with the flag if we're going for a more retro style.  But i believe modern sets should use the modern logo now.

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:00:23 »
(Attachment Link)

we wont be going with any 7bit legends on this one, i think we also need to draw a bit of a line, this is round 2, the original is a beautiful and much sort after set, and whilst we want to maintain the general aesthetic, i strongly believe it is nice to keep the original something of a collectors piece, and offering something different enough to offer something new whilst maintaining the appeal of the original set

the cherry legends are beautiful, and i think going the route we have now decided on maintains the dignity of those legends and keeps the set unified, we are keeping al lthe original novelties from round 1, and including new novelties with the deluxe edition

with something like this, it is impossible to not split opinions, even if we replicated the original set perfectly there would be people crying for cherry legends on something to make it different, i really believe we have found a balance between old and new, im sorry if you dont agree, as you can see already, we are making and have made changes based on feedback, i understand this is a set many people care about, and i am doing my best to please as many of you as i can

As much as I love the cherry legends as well, would have totally gone in, if you can get round 1 legends too!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:03:02 »
(Attachment Link)

As much as I love the cherry legends as well, would have totally gone in, if you can get round 1 legends too!

if you want round 1 legends sir you can just buy a round 1 set

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #328 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:25:47 »
here you go guys

Show Image

raindrop round 2

order with the link below

http://ctrlaltgroupbuy.com/buys/raindrop-r2

here are the kits this time

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

once all keys are quality checked and shipped we accept no responsibility, if you would like any specialised shipping please contact me or select custom shipping when ordering

special thanks from me as always to margo, raccoon, cody , tym and most importantly of all aggiejy

cheers

bunny

Thank you BunnyLake, co-creator and main enthusiast for this Key-set.  I just realized you have already supplied the appropriate Win Logo which is SUPERB.  It'll look great in any Original Cherry Keyboard  :thumb: .

PLEASE do not change it for any sub-normal Logo currently available.  The ONE you've chosen is absolutely fine, totally retro and 100% appropriate for all Windows users.  The ones with Win8...... just feel sorry for you  ::) .
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:27:32 by Elrick »

Offline moogle

« Reply #329 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:27:04 »
this ^^

Offline YongJK

« Reply #330 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:48:31 »
Some kid must be happy by now.
Cheers :thumb:

Offline skuko

« Reply #331 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 19:07:49 »

Show Image

wow JD, are those filco sphericals? i got a set on the way to me, can't wait :)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #332 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 19:12:01 »
Placed an order for Blue and White alphas and blue mods. Sorry Honeywell.. This GB has my money.

Thank you CTRLALT for running this !

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:55:11 »

Show Image

any objections?

The Windows7 logo is great.

I have to agree with this.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #334 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:08:12 »
I'm a big fan of the wavy Win logo that Jade Carpe posted.  The star symbol is fine with me too.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #335 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:52:08 »
When does the money have to be in for the group buy? because I would like to order a full set for my rapid.
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #336 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:53:12 »
When does the money have to be in for the group buy? because I would like to order a full set for my rapid.

in a monthish

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #337 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 22:06:44 »
Payment must be in by Jan 31st
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #338 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 22:18:50 »

in a monthish

are you gonna make the cut?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #339 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 22:22:47 »

in a monthish

are you gonna make the cut?

I just need $40 more. And if I can sell some of my extra stuff I can get the money.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #340 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 22:47:11 »

Show Image

wow JD, are those filco sphericals? i got a set on the way to me, can't wait :)

Yes, they are the Filco sphericals. I am totally sold on SA-profile caps from SP! :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #341 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 23:14:20 »
Yes, they are the Filco sphericals. I am totally sold on SA-profile caps from SP! :)

There you go, you heard it from a respected elder here on Geekhack  :thumb: .

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #342 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 07:12:34 »
Does anyone have a pic of what the reverse raindrop looks like together? Blue alphas and white mods

I don't have photoshop right now or I'd just combine the mockups D:

Some updated mockups:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #343 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 07:15:04 »
also, first wave of invoices have been sent

please pm me if there are any issues

no rush to pay etc, its just so i can keep up as we go

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #344 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 07:58:03 »
Paid.

Offline Tasty

« Reply #345 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 08:01:35 »
Paid. So excited for this :)

Offline justnits

« Reply #346 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 09:01:56 »
bunny, is there any chance for me to see what is the actual colour of the blue cable's sleeve?
| | | |

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #347 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 09:04:49 »
bunny, is there any chance for me to see what is the actual colour of the blue cable's sleeve?

sure

number 16

http://paracordpromos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/paracord-color.jpg

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #348 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 10:36:39 »
Does anyone have a pic of what the reverse raindrop looks like together? Blue alphas and white mods

I don't have photoshop right now or I'd just combine the mockups D:

Some updated mockups:

Show Image

Show Image

You are awesome!! Thanks.

Also I presume shipping will be charged later? My invoice is not as much as it said on the website.

Offline justnits

« Reply #349 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 10:37:26 »

sure

number 16

http://paracordpromos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/paracord-color.jpg

wow didn't know there's this picture! thanks bunny!  :thumb:
| | | |