Author Topic: Geekhackers Strikes Back: A cruel teaser  (Read 7701 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • because reasons.......
Re: Geekhackers Strikes Back: A cruel teaser
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 04:28:48 »
the 6th anni bars will available soon. however, there exist exactly 5. one is earmarked already. the rest will be auctioned off in the same style as the previous geekhackers auctions. they're something that lastpilot and then i and then imsto spent a lot of time on and i consider to be very special.

What!?!

There are only 5 . Jeezus its going to get real expensive

Keyboard economics,

hype + limited run = $$$$$$$$$$$

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 04:53:19 »
Man that cherry :)
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 08:36:48 »
Sucks that there is only 5. If you did a larger run, all of them still would have sold Im sure.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 16:32:39 »
dyesubbing spacebars is extremely difficult. after the first time i dyesubbed SBs with imsto we actually swore never to do it again. these bars are dyesubbed by hand with a press in a situation in the operator has to be extremely careful not to warp the bar any further due to molded in stress or any other force while the bar is in glass transition. imsto literally could not dyesub the cherry logo bars for 6 months because it was 10-20C too hot in the factory.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 06:20:24 »
dyesubbing spacebars is extremely difficult. after the first time i dyesubbed SBs with imsto we actually swore never to do it again. these bars are dyesubbed by hand with a press in a situation in the operator has to be extremely careful not to warp the bar any further due to molded in stress or any other force while the bar is in glass transition. imsto literally could not dyesub the cherry logo bars for 6 months because it was 10-20C too hot in the factory.

Oh, wow. Thanks for clarifying, didnt know space bars were that much more difficult.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline tbc

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 06:40:38 »
is the same end result easier to get for ABS spacebars?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 07:00:00 »
is the same end result easier to get for ABS spacebars?

You cant dyesub ABS

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline tbc

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 07:02:26 »
^ i never got the memo -_-

how much for doubleshot ABS spacebar :D /s

EDIT:

i guess that's why the backlit poker 2 doesn't come with 'enjoy your feeling'
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 10:18:29 »

Oh, wow. Thanks for clarifying, didnt know space bars were that much more difficult.
yep, the larger the key, the more stresses are molded into the PBT. spacebars are as big as it gets, so they're an absolute PITA to do.

however, they look amazing, so imsto and i have been coordinating to dyesub a few SBs every month as super duper limited edition thing

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 11:17:17 »

yep, the larger the key, the more stresses are molded into the PBT. spacebars are as big as it gets, so they're an absolute PITA to do.

however, they look amazing, so imsto and i have been coordinating to dyesub a few SBs every month as super duper limited edition thing

That's a cool idea, especially considering how much effort it apparently takes to make one of these. Auctioning off a few of these every few months will keep people happier than a one time thing.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 11:24:39 »

Sweet! This gives me hope :)
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 11:41:24 »
Got real excited reading through this until "only 5 - auction"...  No can afford...

Here's hoping there's more than 5 of the Esc caps :)
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 13:47:17 »
there should be enough escapes for everyone :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 13:48:48 »
There's not nearly enough GH spacebars for CPTBadAss. Give me one Kawa :P

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 13:49:14 »
to be clear though, all keys are limited edition, a given legend and color will only be run once.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 13:51:00 »

yay

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 09:16:42 »

Yay!

Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears