Author Topic: LEGO Therapy  (Read 26381 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: LEGO Therapy
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 21:55:31 »
I want a set like this ...

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 00:40:34 »
I love Lego, but I used to mix up my sets as a kid. The best thing about Lego are the creative possibilities. Unfortunately that usually means you have to mix up sets to achieve new combos and after that restoring the original set is no longer possible.

Ya I've got the same problem, much more creative when you have a lot of sets to choose from but can no longer put the individual sets back together. So I now just have a lego crate from my childhood all mixed up.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 01:10:14 »
As far as creative freedom goes, don't forget K'nex.  A friend of mine and me in high school built a 3 speed transmission with K'nex using one of the 2 AA battery motors.  We then rigged it into a bridge and used it as a fixed position crane.  It would life a 16 oz. claw hammer, and a one foot long crow bar at the same time.  Granted we had it geared down enough in low to the point where it took a hlf hour to life 2 inches but it did it.  This was all done with zero instructions as well.  Complete with 2 shift levers.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 14:42:29 »
New UCS Sandcrawler!  Much better than the old one.  Not quite as good as the fan made one, but oh well.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93213

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 18:53:00 »
New UCS Sandcrawler!  Much better than the old one.  Not quite as good as the fan made one, but oh well.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93213

Show Image

MY god... It's... beautiful.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell