Author Topic: Help me pick Keycaps!  (Read 1367 times)

Offline SoullessWhale

Help me pick Keycaps!
« on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 20:07:46 »
I just got my Shrine 3 with Magenta back light, which I love so far. The red keys they include for WASD has me inspired to get different colored keys for the rest of them. I was thinking of ordering a keycap set from WASD but I want to make sure that they will both fit and look good with the back light. Im new to all this so bare with me if this is a newby question.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Help me pick Keycaps!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 20:14:18 »
Most people are going to say something about thick PBT.

I'm gonna have to say cherry profile anything, like This or this, are my favorites.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 20:14:41 »
Most of the key caps doesn't let light through. You need very specific kep caps designed for backlit light to go through. Unless you don't mind to only see a shade of light underneath them.

And oh, welcome to GH!

Offline SoullessWhale

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 21:01:04 »
I was guessing I might need keys that allow light I just dont know where to look for keys that specific haha

Offline SoullessWhale

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 21:06:10 »
http://www.keycapsdirect.com/marketplace.php

something similar to these clear caps but in a color and with text on them would be nice haha

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SoullessWhale

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 21:25:53 »