Author Topic: Would you pay $624.99 for a Batman Toy?  (Read 8820 times)

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Re: Would you pay $624.99 for a Batman Toy?
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:55:44 »
I wouldn't buy it but if I did I would have a hard time not playing with it. Need to play with my action figures....I'll stick to other collections.
0__0

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 22:58:16 »
Christian bale looks more like a junky who has successfully completely rehab...  good for him... works ok for people who don't really care about details...

Sounds like one while trying to play the role of Batman too.  :))

Don't get me wrong, he payed Bruce Wayne well enough and I've never had issues with his acting before, but as soon as he opened his mouth as Batman and tried to move around in the suit... Let's just say it was very unsettling and a bit more than awkward from my standpoint; much like watching your niece/nephew try play out the role of a character that you are familiar with, but they have only seen in one commercial.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 22:59:04 »
his batman voice was annoying as hell.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 23:52:33 »
I know people who import and resell and collect Sideshow figurines... That is a deluxe set for sure, and I don't think that it is priced high in comparison to other Sideshow sets where you get only a single figure.

Have you seen ben affleck be batman in a movie?
People judge him for when he played Daredevil in the movie with the same name, in which he sucked really bad.

Christian bale looks more like a junky who has successfully completely rehab...  good for him... works ok for people who don't really care about details...
I think that to become a super-hero, you would have to be a little bit crazy. That's Nolan's style, I suppose.

[Bale's] batman voice was annoying as hell.
I agree to that.

I have yet to see a Batman movie that feels like it does when I read the comics.
🍉

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 00:15:18 »
ive only seen two batmen. the ultra gaytardeded one where the joker has a stupid pistol and arnold schwarzenager is like a blue bubble boy.

the other one was admittedly pretty amazing. it was the one with patrick bateman as bat man. he was perfect for the role. I dont think they made a good choice casting the new guy. maybe if batman was a homeless irish dockworker from boston... but hes not.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline Comment

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 00:27:24 »
No
Check out my WTB/WTS/WTTF Thread!

HHKB Pro 2                 Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 04:43:34 »
his batman voice was annoying as hell.

Yes, yes it was.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 05:02:00 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 07:37:26 »
BATMAN is supposed to be the PEAK of human conditioning and physiology.

This has always been my complaint. With a couple of exceptions, the Batman actors have been small and/or wimpy.

That said, Bale does have an excellent attitude and demeanor for the dark side of the character, but he is also supposed to be a sophisticated playboy which nobody has successfully pulled off.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 07:52:23 »
Not to mention Bane was criminally puny in the movie. In the comics, Bane is freaking massive, almost twice Batman's size.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 08:02:45 »
Not to mention Bane was criminally puny in the movie. In the comics, Bane is freaking massive, almost twice Batman's size.

I thought they did a good job with Bane. I agree he wasn't as as juiced up as in the comics but I feel like they were trying to make this batman a little more real and in effect less comical.

The actor who played Two Face in the second blew that role.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 08:21:48 »
What bothered me the most that he didn't even have any venom. What's Bane without his venom? I understand that they didn't make him massive because they wanted to make it realistic, but taking away Bane's venom is like taking away Superman's cape.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 10:06:15 »
What bothered me the most that he didn't even have any venom. What's Bane without his venom? I understand that they didn't make him massive because they wanted to make it realistic, but taking away Bane's venom is like taking away Superman's cape.

Sadly, I think that's the point. All the die hard comic fans want the movie to match the comics but Nolan wanted to make the series much darker and more believable. I know there's still a lot of fiction in the movie, but Nolan's attitude towards CGI (or lack thereof) is a good example of where he tried to impart a sense of realism.

The scene that comes to my mind was in the second movie when Batman tries to cut into that guys van and his saw get's snagged and he slams into that cement column. That didn't go smooth at all did it? It almost seemed like batman, or his tools, failed a little there. These types of event draw the viewer into a world where there is the possibility that Batman might fail. And also what made the second movie so good.

The third movie got a little weird in general, yeah batman can fix a broken back by hanging from a makeshift traction. Or the idea of that odd bomb. It was definitely a little cheesy, but they could have made it a lot less believable.

They didn't make Batman a superhuman hero, just a guy trying to bring justice to a city spiraling towards the darkness.

The themes were as followed:

Batman Begins: Fear
The Dark Knight: Causality with chaos, and the duality of batman
The Dark Knight Rises: Hope

It's definitely going to be different with the new Batman & Superman. I don't really watch Pete Holmes', but this sketch is dead on

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2014, 10:08:56 by Wildcard »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 11:41:55 »

Sadly, I think that's the point. All the die hard comic fans want the movie to match the comics but Nolan wanted to make the series much darker and more believable. I know there's still a lot of fiction in the movie, but Nolan's attitude towards CGI (or lack thereof) is a good example of where he tried to impart a sense of realism.

The scene that comes to my mind was in the second movie when Batman tries to cut into that guys van and his saw get's snagged and he slams into that cement column. That didn't go smooth at all did it? It almost seemed like batman, or his tools, failed a little there. These types of event draw the viewer into a world where there is the possibility that Batman might fail. And also what made the second movie so good.

The third movie got a little weird in general, yeah batman can fix a broken back by hanging from a makeshift traction. Or the idea of that odd bomb. It was definitely a little cheesy, but they could have made it a lot less believable.

They didn't make Batman a superhuman hero, just a guy trying to bring justice to a city spiraling towards the darkness.

The themes were as followed:

Batman Begins: Fear
The Dark Knight: Causality with chaos, and the duality of batman
The Dark Knight Rises: Hope

It's definitely going to be different with the new Batman & Superman. I don't really watch Pete Holmes', but this sketch is dead on

I love that video!!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 11:53:20 »
I love how far off topic this has gone... so many rustled jimmies. lol.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:54:55 »

Bound to happen in a comic book hero thread, haha.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 13:39:54 »
ive only seen two batmen. the ultra gaytardeded one where the joker has a stupid pistol and arnold schwarzenager is like a blue bubble boy.

the other one was admittedly pretty amazing. it was the one with patrick bateman as bat man. he was perfect for the role. I dont think they made a good choice casting the new guy. maybe if batman was a homeless irish dockworker from boston... but hes not.

Ah.  So you've seen the nipple suit, then.   ;)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 15:26:55 »

That's because you're the unofficial king of the jimmy rustling jungle :)

TIL, the Hoff digs Clooney's Nipples...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 15:50:31 »

That's because you're the unofficial king of the jimmy rustling jungle :)

TIL, the Hoff digs Clooney's Nipples...

You can't deny the magnificence of the nipple suit.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 23:25:33 »

Archived!

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2014, 23:28:57 by Wildcard »

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 23:36:32 »

Archived!

That nipple suit man went on to inspire many great performances though!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 18:52:21 »
I remember a behind the scenes promo for the movie where even Clooney ridiculed the nipples on the suit.
🍉