Author Topic: stupid people in the work place  (Read 6544 times)

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
Re: stupid people in the work place
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 18:20:11 »
A few days ago down the street from where I live some dude got shot and killed at a stoplight, with two of his kids in the back seat, over road rage from a lane change
unholy crap. tell where do you live so i could keep a 100km distance from there if the harsh destiny sends me to the states
I'm sorry to tell you, but most major U.S. cities are like this.  I currently live in Las Vegas, which really isn't that bad especially if you stay on the strip, and avoid the north, east, and northwest side of town.  There have only been a few shootings on the strip over the past few years, the police maintain a major presence there.  Other parts of Vegas are hit and miss.  I've lived in Sacramento, the Bay Area, Oceanside(near San Diego), and spent a decent amount of time in LA county - all of them have semi regular random gun violence.  One place I can tell you to DEFINITELY stay away from if violence makes you nervous is Oakland, pretty much the whole city is hood as ****.  The chances of getting shot there for no reason are pretty high.

I wouldn't worry if I were you, because from what I hear Russians have pretty similar crime, and are pretty used to violence.  Also, if you don't run your mouth, don't dress the wrong way, stay away from black and Latino neighborhoods if you're white, don't drive like an idiot, and stay away from other people's women, your chances of getting shot in most places in the U.S. are basically zero.

Oh we mock him alright. But he's too stupid to understand it. Also gives you this stupid look like he won something.
LOL, why does that not surprise me?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 18:34:34 »
Also, if you don't run your mouth, don't dress the wrong way, stay away from black and Latino neighborhoods if you're white, don't drive like an idiot, and stay away from other people's women, your chances of getting shot in most places in the U.S. are basically zero.

Add don't kick someone's dog to that list. :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 18:41:36 »
I wouldn't worry if I were you, because from what I hear Russians have pretty similar crime, and are pretty used to violence.  Also, if you don't run your mouth, don't dress the wrong way, stay away from black and Latino neighborhoods if you're white, don't drive like an idiot, and stay away from other people's women, your chances of getting shot in most places in the U.S. are basically zero.

Dude, it's sad that I find it so weird seeing white people in my neighborhood. It's not particularly bad compared to say Watts or parts of Compton, but still lol. Last night I went to 7-11 near USC and on my way back home, I get off the freeway and this white chick is just riding her bike. I genuinely feared for her life :(.

With that said, I've been to Oakland once to watch the Raiders get their asses handed to them by the Saints a couple years ago. My uncle thought it was a good idea to go walking looking for a liquor store. Couldn't say I felt save until we got back to the stadium. I've heard Hunter's Point is the same, if not worse. Sadly, I never got to go watch the Niners when they played in Candlestick :(.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:04:51 »
why would anyone be proud of an american car? i guess? the ford trucks? those disgusting pieces of ****s.

I am actually.  I have owned almost exclusively Buick from the time I started driving.  The one exception was a Pontiac.  All of my cars have been drove to over 225,000 miles and the engine was still running like a top in all of them when I got rid of them.  My first car was a 1983 Le Sabre.  That one got handed down to my brother when he started driving plus I had bought my 1993 Regal.  The Regal got sold when I joined the Navy and wouldn't need a car for about a year.  I bought the Pontiac from my room mate for $400.  He beat the crap out of that car and I promptly sold it for the same that I had bought it for.  My last car was a 1999 Le Sabre.  That car had 229,000 miles on it when I gave it to my mother-in-law.  The only mechanical issue with the car when I gave it to her was that it would not shift into overdrive.  The gears in the transmission are still good because reverse still works fine.  So it is a shift solenoid/servo.  It is about a $40 part but the motor/transmission has to be lifted out of the sub frame a bit to gain access to the part.  She never goes on the highway anyway.  Even without overdrive on the highway at 65mph (~100kph) it still got 28 mpg or so.  Currently I am driving a 2003 Park Avenue with 130,000 miles on it.  On a good oil change it will average about 33 mpg on the highway.  And all of these were sub $6,000 cars.  On these cars the most expensive thing I have had to replace was one starter and one transmission case.  The transmission case was my fault though from driving through a frozen corn field way to fast.

So I would have to say that I am actually proud to own an American car.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:15:30 »
why would anyone be proud of an american car? i guess? the ford trucks? those disgusting pieces of ****s.

I am actually.  I have owned almost exclusively Buick from the time I started driving.  The one exception was a Pontiac.  All of my cars have been drove to over 225,000 miles and the engine was still running like a top in all of them when I got rid of them.  My first car was a 1983 Le Sabre.  That one got handed down to my brother when he started driving plus I had bought my 1993 Regal.  The Regal got sold when I joined the Navy and wouldn't need a car for about a year.  I bought the Pontiac from my room mate for $400.  He beat the crap out of that car and I promptly sold it for the same that I had bought it for.  My last car was a 1999 Le Sabre.  That car had 229,000 miles on it when I gave it to my mother-in-law.  The only mechanical issue with the car when I gave it to her was that it would not shift into overdrive.  The gears in the transmission are still good because reverse still works fine.  So it is a shift solenoid/servo.  It is about a $40 part but the motor/transmission has to be lifted out of the sub frame a bit to gain access to the part.  She never goes on the highway anyway.  Even without overdrive on the highway at 65mph (~100kph) it still got 28 mpg or so.  Currently I am driving a 2003 Park Avenue with 130,000 miles on it.  On a good oil change it will average about 33 mpg on the highway.  And all of these were sub $6,000 cars.  On these cars the most expensive thing I have had to replace was one starter and one transmission case.  The transmission case was my fault though from driving through a frozen corn field way to fast.

So I would have to say that I am actually proud to own an American car.

Me too.  My GMC Sonoma was beat up pretty bad (okay maybe not that bad) by my brother in law, who then gave it to me for free.  It's lasted me 6 years and has 206,000 miles on it right now and is still going strong.  It is definitely a rust bucket at this point, but it's hard to find a car from 1997 that isn't, foreign or not, at least where I live.  Anyway, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, I love that little truck.

Offline iri

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:51:43 »
I wouldn't worry if I were you, because from what I hear Russians have pretty similar crime
utter bullsh!t. your chance of being shot in russia is almost zero.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:53:52 »

Unless you make fun of Putin  ;D .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:06:52 »

Unless you make fun of Putin  ;D .

And even then provided you are not female and naked on the top half ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:10:10 »
i have no problems with getting even totally naked. not a female though :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:11:55 »
i have no problems with getting even totally naked.....

....while carrying an axe!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:40:38 »

Hmmm a female would need three axes.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:43:43 »

Or one really big one!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:46:14 »

Or one really big one!

That would obscure too much ;)

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 13:03:56 »
Yesterday, I asked one of the senior workers where the closest color printer was to my desk. She coughed straight in my face and said, "What?" Goddommit.