Author Topic: Apple's iWatch - Rumor peddling  (Read 8537 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: Apple's iWatch - Rumor peddling
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 03:21:00 »
I really hate the term "wearable technology." Reading glasses are "wearable technology," too.

Also, we have the Google watches at work and they look ridiculous on all the women. Even on men, the screen is just too big for it to be comfortable. The face of the screen hangs far off of either side of my wrist and I always wind up taking it off.

So, your happy with the new Apple Watch then? Given that it comes in three different sizes...

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 05:32:23 »
I really hate the term "wearable technology." Reading glasses are "wearable technology," too.

Also, we have the Google watches at work and they look ridiculous on all the women. Even on men, the screen is just too big for it to be comfortable. The face of the screen hangs far off of either side of my wrist and I always wind up taking it off.

So, your happy with the new Apple Watch then? Given that it comes in three different sizes...
Actually just 2, 38 and 42mm
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 06:02:32 »

Actually just 2, 38 and 42mm

Ahh ok, I guess I got one confused with the sport wristbands or something like that, that people are talking about.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 06:05:59 »
I could save US$349 by doing this ...

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 06:12:13 »

(Attachment Link)

It also looks better! ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 06:53:27 »
I literally don't see the point in a tablet (other than to watch movies) if you have a smart phone, and if you have a smart phone you can also ditch the 'dumb' phone... and then you have the watch and phone with nothing else.
A phone is so easy to displace and forget. They get stolen or lost in other ways.
i have never got my phone lost or stolen in 13 years.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:14:32 »

Not sure yet, I'll know when we get a couple of the smaller ones and we can try them on. It sure does look nicer, though.
c h e r

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:50:29 »
Indeed. There are also third-party armbands available (some made for upper arms, some for wrists) that would allow you to carry it more comfortably.
There have also been several Android phones with narrower and/or shorter footprint that wouldn't be so bulky.
🍉

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 07:04:00 »
Rather have the LG G Watch R, thank you. Battery life is also not great, but at least it looks good.

To be honest, I'll wait for the next generation. I want the looks of the LG G Watch R with the functionality of the Samsung Gear S. Then I can leave the slab of glass, plastic and metal at home.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 07:44:38 »
I literally don't see the point in a tablet (other than to watch movies) if you have a smart phone, and if you have a smart phone you can also ditch the 'dumb' phone... and then you have the watch and phone with nothing else.
A phone is so easy to displace and forget. They get stolen or lost in other ways.
i have never got my phone lost or stolen in 13 years.

I haven't ever had my phone stolen either, and i've left it all over the place. People always figure a way to return it.
c h e r

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 19:49:10 »
Smart watches are just silly I think, nothing can compare to a great looking, classic, mechanical watch.

At least the 360 looks decent. The Apple Watch just looks fugly. And I HATE fingerprints on my watch. I'd go crazy wiping that thing down every time I used it.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien