Author Topic: SP Grab Bags Now Available!  (Read 7302 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: SP Grab Bags Now Available!
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 12:25:15 »
Link is working again, just ordered a bag.

I was wondering if it was temporarily down since they sent out a couple emails advertising them again today, although oddly enough the emails have no links to the website....

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 12:27:51 »

I was wondering if it was temporarily down since they sent out a couple emails advertising them again today, although oddly enough the emails have no links to the website....

Well I sent them an email asking if they were sold out, then two minutes later the link was back up.

And I got a response to my email as I was typing this post. Good job SP, very pleased with your quick fix/response.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline ioXt_2

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 13:06:31 »
Got a bag. I will split with a friend. Hopefully, there's some nice caps in there! GLTA!

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 13:49:33 »
Just grabbed two. Because ... redundancy. Should provide ample disection subjects.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 15:12:15 »

Ironically my order confirmation and shipping information emails came interspersed between the crap bag announcement emails :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Smrtz

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 22:14:09 »
Oh god, I just got one.  My first purchase since joining GeekHack, and it's 2.5lbs of random KeyCaps.  I need to delete my account....

Offline ebacho

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 22:15:20 »
Oh god, I just got one.  My first purchase since joining GeekHack, and it's 2.5lbs of random KeyCaps.  I need to delete my account....

Some of my best purchases on GH were impulse buys and some of my worst ones were thought out over a period of months.  Don't worry about it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 23:22:17 »

You could get lucky and find yourself with a keycap that you cannot get by any normal affordable means.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 02:30:53 »
Are they all gone? I was actually going to buy a bag this time, but the link is dead.  :(

Anything you were looking for?

Nothing in particular, was just hoping to replenish my dwindling collection of caps.

What did you do to yours? Eat them or something? From my experience, keycaps only increase in population; any decreases are very, very temporarily.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Grr8

• Quack!
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 11:37:25 »
Did anybody get anything decent in theirs?

I got a dope key and a lotus and not much else terrific.
Daily Driver: Poker II Backlit (Ducky Mini-fied) + Amazon o-rings. Future daily driver IBM AT Model F (restoring now). For fun: IBM SSK 1397681 (NIB), IBM SSK 1391472, IBM Industrial 101 Square label 1388032, IBM Industrial 101 Black label 1394946, IBM 1391401 (bolt-modding now), IBM 1370477, IBM 42H1292 (USA), IBM 52G9700 IBM, and more....
More
Ducky Shine w/Blues + WASD o-rings, Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/Browns + ebay o-rings, Rosewill RK-9100 w/Blues, Apple Wireless (slim), Apple Wireless White A1016, Apple Extended II ADB. Next? HHKB2Pro?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 11:41:57 »
Did anybody get anything decent in theirs?

I got a dope key and a lotus and not much else terrific.

There's a thread over here -> http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55329.0