Author Topic: ClickClack Keys  (Read 2591 times)

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
ClickClack Keys
« on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:06:47 »
Woah, I was checking out the classifieds and these bad boys are priced up inthe $100 and $200.
Back in my day, these guys were only woth like $20! What on earth happened?
Did he stop producing them or something?
Really wish I held on to my mine lol.

P.S. I am back from my East Asia Adventures.

~N
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: ClickClack Keys
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:12:41 »
I think its because more people arrived on the scene, I guess anyway. Same amount of Supply, but extra demand puts strain on the system.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:12:51 »
Are you a bboy champion yet?

Also, to answer your question, people wanting to fit in is what happened.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline balanar

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:20:35 »
Welcome back noodles! The first clacks I ever owned were purchased from you if I remember correctly. They were a Vader and 2 factory seconds - a blue skull and a red skull. All MX of course. They weren't cheap even then with all the people clamouring for them. Gosh I can't even remember what year that was in. Maybe late 2011 I think?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:33:39 »
Welcome back!

If anything, prices have dropped a little bit in the past year or so. People got sick of the high prices, lots of threads went up asking for CCs at or close to retail prices, and CC fired his laser cannons several times at several lucky people.

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:37:55 »
Thanks All!

Wow, Classic ClickClack, the hero we all need.

The Vader ClickClack is seriously one of the best keycaps in existence.

I quit bboying while in Korea due to space issues and people looking at me funny lol. I am starting to pick it up again now that I am back in the states and the cost of a squarefoot is actually sane.

AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:52:59 »
They're also pronounced Cluck Clarks now. Name change and all.

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 12:37:10 »
yes i'm looking for some CluckClack caps :D
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:44:11 »
Anyone know why www.clackfactory.com is down?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:56:03 »
Anyone know why www.clackfactory.com is down?

It's up.

It usually looks like that.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:21:01 »
The site that is forever under construction...

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:13:30 »
Did not know that... So the only way of getting some would be through EK then...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:15:13 »
Did not know that... So the only way of getting some would be through EK then...

Or through a 4 grabs or some other clack event here.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:20:00 »
Or Classifieds.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:26:32 »
Or Classifieds.

Forgot about going there lol.  :p

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:28:52 »

Well, CC holds his nearly impossible split-second sales from time to time right here on GH.  And we should see one soon, since there hasn't been one for nearly a year, IIRC.  Check the 4grabs thread in CC's vendor forum.  But, like I said, you will have to send your email within .009 seconds of the start time, in order to get a Clack.  That is not a joke.  Actually you can be as slow as  + .0099 seconds after the sale starts, so you do have that .0009 second safety margin to play around with.  That's nearly enough time to have a heart beat.  Well, one ventricle anyway, but only if if you're really, really excited. 

The only upside to the CC sales on GH is that you only have to pay retail price, which has been as low as $8 for a Clack.  But I'm predicting prices in the $30-$35 range next time around.  Maybe we will finally see a $75-$100 Clack.  Which would be the most sensible thing for CC to do:  raise his prices to match market prices. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:30:44 »
Or Classifieds.

Forgot about going there lol.  :p

and ebay

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:38:44 »
Ebay too lol...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb