Author Topic: GH's consensus on MX blues?  (Read 4831 times)

Offline lotus1109

Re: GH's consensus on MX blues?
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:22:38 »
I would prefer heavy spring on clicky switch… so blue is not my choice but I like green :)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 03:51:09 »
I really like Blues because of the fact that they are clicky. Tried greens as well but they're a bit too heavy in my opinion. My girlfriend hates the sound of clicky switches though. When she's in the living room I use Browns (which I don't really like actually) with o-rings.

You should try quiet matias in place of the browns, or some variation of dampened cream/white from an AEKII or similar.

Interesting suggestion. I've never gotten my hands on one of those so far. Would like to try one but Matias keyboards are not exactly common in The Netherlands unfortunately :(

IIRC 7bit has some Matias switches over at DT and plenty of members live in that part of Europe too. You could always convert an old keyboard with something ALPS-like to Matias switches.

Offline avtar

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 13:27:48 »
GH doesn’t have “consensus” about anything.

This +1.

I tried to blues and initially they sounded and felt great but as a couple of weeks passed the high pitched clicking really started to get to me. I briefly tried browns and didn't like how they felt and have been on the Topre train since. From what I've been reading clears might be worth a shot.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 13:58:16 »

This +1.

So do we have a consensus on that?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 13:59:41 »

This +1.

:)) :))
Appears so.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline avtar

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 14:25:48 »

This +1.

I'm going to -1 that.

Offline lunr

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 14:34:39 »
I love blues but I just can't stand the noise. I only tried browns and blues but overall blues are my favourite besides the annoying clicking noise (If only I can find clears somewhere...).

Offline acsim

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:48:34 »
Tried blues for a couple of months with Das and a filco ninja. I think I've got really weak fingers because I've always felt that they're too stiff for me though the tactility and click noise is quite awesome. Stuck with them for quite some time until I was one with the cup rubber.

Agree with some of people here. It's great for first buy..  :cool:

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:10:36 »
I enjoy blues a lot.  I'm using a Duckyshine2 with Blues and my at work keyboard is the CM Storm XT in Greens which I also enjoy. I've also had a QFR in blues that I replaced with the XT because I missed the number pad and wanted to try greens.  I've been waffling on trying clears but that's for another topic.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:12:55 »
Slightly back on topic, I've been using greens and blacks for a while.

I booted up my old games machine on the weekend with my original Ducky Shine with MX blues.

Although the keyboard is still in pristine condition, the MX blue switches just felt so light.

Probably too light for me to use on a regular basis now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:16:26 »
Started with them and they are my favorite switch even after trying the other MX variants, the only MX I haven't tried yet are greens which I think I would like even more than blues.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:17:56 »
I don't care for blues. In tried Greens for a while but I still keep coming back to my first love Clears. Greens still feel too light and too noisy for me.
Recently bought a board with vintage Clears so I'm really curious to see how those feel.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread